Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wandered onto this website, more than just Thai.

BostonSteve

I performed a search and did not see this posted. It says the courses were developed by the US government. All text books and audio looks as though you can download it. If you are interested in other languages it has plenty.

Happy learning.

http://www.fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php

I am a fat kid in a sweet shop, I just cannot choose and want it all.

Very nice! I've heard of the FSI course (some Thai language schools use it, I understand) but I hadn't had any experience with it myself. Looking at the materials on the FSI site, they seem pretty comprehensive, especially the audio. The course doesn't teach any reading or writing, which is unfortunate, relying on a weird transliteration system, but it seems pretty good for comprehension and speech. The audio reminds me a bit of Pimsleur's Thai lessons, which got me started when I was first starting to learn to speak and understand Thai (and which I think are excellent, btw).

Good find! :Question:

I have that one book marked also. Seems like a mirror of the other site.

Currently it is almost a mirror but this Wiki one is being worked on to remove errors, upgrade the audio, and add other useful features to generally bring it more up to date. And it will continue to remain free. Watch out for the FSI packages that are charged for...they don't add much, if anything, to what you get here, and only exist to make a profit. The Wiki page is being updated by Thai language enthusiasts, therefore preferable, however, as they do have full time jobs, and other committments, the updates may be slow in appearing. Keep checking...the final result should have added a lot.

(Edited for typos)

Edited by mww