IGNORED

What season is considered " slow "

jhay0

Hello fellow addicts... I'm new here as you can see, but as a generalization i was wondering what time of season would be considered " slow " as in tourism and congestion within the city... I tried to do a search within these forums but their was not much success within that department.

Relatively I am not good with very crowded areas but Pattaya has always been one of the dream destinations to visit followed by Saigon, Vietnam; a little background research always helps.

So in considering among fellow addicts, what time of season would you describe to be a "slow" season, or even yet your preferred season to visit.

I haven't been yet (First trip starts April 22nd) but from what I have gathered from being on this site for over a year is that the busy time is between Nov-Feb. During that time the weather is a little cooler and dryer. hotels charge a bit more.

The hot dry season is about Mar-May, then it is hot and wet June-Oct.

There is more weather info stats avalible on this forum and on the net if you want more details. It also depends which part of Thailand you are in.

I'm sure some more experienced folks will have some more detailed info or correct me if I am wrong.

In general Low season is Feb - October

April and May are the hottest months and May probably the lowest but anything April to end of September is all pretty much the same.

Your problem hwowever wil be aq different one. In low times people gravitate so the popular venues are stil often packed out. The only way to really avpoid crowds is to go to the unpopular areas - thats not a big issue for some but there is generally good reason why they are less popular. There are little gems to be found everywhere though.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

The weather doesn't really concern me, its just how heavily congested the streets and venues are. With that being said, more people = more obnoxious and disrespectful civilians therefore displeasing other tourist such as I. But hey LOS for a meaning right?

I guess that is good news coming from a veteran. I was also assuming and read somewhere that since times are slower, the prices of majority of goods/services depreciate.

As for locating the hidden gems, that should take extra time out the vacation period.

In addition i would also like to mention, i would believe those places would be more dangerous for us Falang if i am correct?

This year's low season started early again, triggered by the bloody streetfights in Bangkok.

:GoldenSmile1:

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

the protesters in red?

Yep, I meant that.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Hello fellow addicts... I'm new here as you can see, but as a generalization i was wondering what time of season would be considered " slow " as in tourism and congestion within the city... I tried to do a search within these forums but their was not much success within that department.

Relatively I am not good with very crowded areas but Pattaya has always been one of the dream destinations to visit followed by Saigon, Vietnam; a little background research always helps.

So in considering among fellow addicts, what time of season would you describe to be a "slow" season, or even yet your preferred season to visit.

Different folks will have different perspectives, but generally, the low season (when hotel prices start to drop) will be either February to October or late April to October. Temperatures rise uncomfortably in March and April, but the Songkran festival still draws crowds. During the rainy season, which runs roughly May to October, tourism is lower. All of this is based on my experiences in Bangkok, but I've also been to Pattaya many times throughout the year.

Personally, I love the rainy season in Thailand. The more touristy areas aren't as crowded, the rains aren't *that* bad (and easy to predict once you been through a monsoon or two), and, well, umbrellas are cheap.

• 1 month later...

i usually travel to pattaya in june and dont mind a little rain shower or too its quite refreshing

this year im traveling in september and i think the weather might be about the same maybe a little wetter

i dont find june too busy m8 not compared to some of the videos and photos i have seen of pattaya in high season

THE POKER BUNNY

Providing you can come to terms with hot and humid weather,

I suggest you start with a vist in April/May which is probably the lowest for tourism.

Although, I would suggest you avoid Songkran.Songkran is a Thai traditional New Year which starts on April 13 every year and lasts for 3 days. Songkran festival on April 13 is Maha Songkran Day or the day to mark the end of the old year, April 14 is Wan Nao which is the day after and April 15 is Wan Thaloeng Sok which the

New Year begins. This is a collective madness which descends on Thailand, the Songkran Water Festival makes the entire country turn into one big water fight that lasts for four days plus in Patts. No one is safe!

I find it fun for a short period but getting soaked every day when you want to go out for a quiet drink and a ST on Soi 6 becomes a little boring after a while.

Low season ....Mid April - November

is also know as sexy man season..55555