Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Extending 60 day tourist Visa at Jomtien

DP Gumbypgh

Went to Jomtien April 9th to extend my 60 day tourist visa for another 30 days. Arrived at 12:30 with forms already filled out. Took till 4:30 pm before I got out of there. Ok probably the worst possible timing just before Songkran but tried Monday and was told too many people in line come back on day your Visa run out. They have posted that they will only take 80 people in morning and 80 people in afternoon. WTF they have two guys processing everyone any where else they would add more people at busy times but TIT cannot add more when busy falang have to wait.

Rant over if you need to extend allow lots of time and get there early if you can.

Edited by DP Gumbypgh

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

never really had a problem when i been there longest was about hour and half my friend that works there calls me from the coffee shop when im up so i just grab a few beers

Been like that for months!! Got there at 9.15am and had 152 people in front of me! Went back at 1pm like i was told and had 85 !!got out at 4.45:-(

you guys need to get your ass out of bed earlier. Get the form before hand anytime you are in Jomtien and then arrive 30 minutes before it opens, stand in front of the door with your forms filled out and photos. You will be out in 15 minutes. On your way out take a couple of blank forms for your next extension.

Avoid Mondays and Friday as well. You don't have to go on the day your visa expires either, you can go early, a week or so before and you won't lose any days, your 30 day extension will start from the day your visa expires just make sure the officer changes the date before he stamps and check before you leave the table.

you guys need to get your ass out of bed earlier. Get the form before hand anytime you are in Jomtien and then arrive 30 minutes before it opens, stand in front of the door with your forms filled out and photos. You will be out in 15 minutes. On your way out take a couple of blank forms for your next extension.

Avoid Mondays and Friday as well. You don't have to go on the day your visa expires either, you can go early, a week or so before and you won't lose any days, your 30 day extension will start from the day your visa expires just make sure the officer changes the date before he stamps and check before you leave the table.

Agree totally. I always get there before they open and am in and out of the place in next to no time.

I agree it is better to get there early. As I said when i tried on Monday was turned away and told to come back on last day of visa. Can anyone confirm what time they open. The form is also available on line so you do not have to go to Jomtien to pick it up. Print it out at home before you come or go to internet cafe and print it there.

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

Bad timing, 3 years ago, did it in BKK 2 days before Songkran, and it took over 6 hours, whereas before, every other time, the most was 1 hour, and BKK has a hell of a lot more people working than Pattaya. Earlier poster is correct, you don't have to wait until the day your visa expires, do it ahead of time.

Since it is a tourist visa, you know you can do it literally in any city that has a local office, and now, after last fall, many more cities have local offices. There was a list on "Thai Visa" website, I don't know if it was published here, but you might have better luck if there is one locally in Rayong for example, or somewhere where there is not an overabundance of farangs. Incidentally, I don't know if there is one in Rayong. If you go to a more "rural" office, some of them want copies of your entire passport, not just the ID page and the Visa/Visa Stamp page, so be prepared for additional copies, also, some offices (I happened to do my last one in Phitsanulok) would not accept the preprinted form I got off the computer because it was 2 pages and not 2-sided like the one in their office--they made me fill out a new one, lol. Just following exact protocol, I guess, or fear of making a mistake.

• 4 weeks later...

It took me about 2.5 hours to get mine done. It was really busy in there because of the number of people panicking about overstaying there visa due to the flight cancellations related to the volcano in Iceland. Seemed like the "audit" of the visa extension is where the backup occurs. I will say that the entire process was very well organized and the staff was very, very helpful and great to deal with.

Mine took most of the day because I arrived around 10:30am. The employees were not friendly or happy probably because many customers there were agitated at the long wait and the heat. I just smiled and said nothing to help things go more smoothly for myself.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree it is better to get there early. As I said when i tried on Monday was turned away and told to come back on last day of visa. Can anyone confirm what time they open. The form is also available on line so you do not have to go to Jomtien to pick it up. Print it out at home before you come or go to internet cafe and print it there.

I went yesterday to collect a form and ask what was needed,went there today at 08.20 and they allowed me in to get a ticket but they didn't start working until 08.30.I was number 106 and I was out with a new visa by 09.10.