Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

aluminium paint - can anyone help

bargepole

I've just had one of those aluminium doors installed ... but the bloke turned up more than a little pickled on thai whiskey! My wife decided that she wanted him to make some amendments to the aluminium runners, and the net result after 'Thai can do' is a very bashed and scratched frame. I am trying to find a spray can of that standard bronze colour paint for aluminium, but i am not having much luck. Can anyone help?

Does anyone else dread the words 'thai can do'? When my Mrs says that I know we are heading for one enormous bodge on whatever we are doing! I suppose at least I have advanced warning.

The standard colour of Alloy aint bronze, I would approach the manufacturer to obtain either a pressure pack of paint in the correct colour or a paint code to get some paint made up.

dont paint it .. buy some very fine (wet and dry) sand paper and some alloy wheel polish (or tcut), aluminium restores very nicely (including scratch removal) ..

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I've just had one of those aluminium doors installed ... but the bloke turned up more than a little pickled on thai whiskey! My wife decided that she wanted him to make some amendments to the aluminium runners, and the net result after 'Thai can do' is a very bashed and scratched frame. I am trying to find a spray can of that standard bronze colour paint for aluminium, but i am not having much luck. Can anyone help?

Does anyone else dread the words 'thai can do'? When my Mrs says that I know we are heading for one enormous bodge on whatever we are doing! I suppose at least I have advanced warning.

Mate take Praf974 s advice fine sand paper purhaps 320 wet and dry with soapy water then 600wet & dry with water then Tcut. Aluminium and fiberglass , paint will always delamanate unless you use an epoxy (EP) primer.

Thanks guys. unfortunately the aluminium is coated bronze so I willl end up with a different colour if I rub down - and I don't want to have to rub down the entire frame. I have tried to contact the supplier already but not much success so far - there is a chain of suppliers to my local man

You haven't stated if the door is an epoxy or an anodized finish.

If it is epoxy then you will need to get a touch up paint from one of the bigger vendors of quality windows and doors in town. Go to the factory rather than the sales room.

If its a anodized finish then your best bet is to hide the scratches. You will need a PERMANENT marker ("Sharpie" for Americans, "Magic for Thais) of a similar color. Your best bet for this is one of the bigger department stores in Bangkok that has a art department like Central at Fashion Island. Come to think of it the new Central Festival center on the beach has one. Run the marker over teh scratch and then wipe it off with a tissue. The ink will permeat the scratch but not the anodizing if you do it quickly. While not perfect it is usually undetectable except if you look for it hard.

And . . . . "Thai can do" NOT !!!!

You need to come down hard on that crap from the beginning or it will be a problem for ever.

Have teh fite once and stand firm - get it over with.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.