Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel - non guest friendly advice

swinging_rich

A weird query I guess, but I'm looking for a good hotel up to 2,000 bht/rm/nt that's not in the thick of the action and is NOT guest friendly. Having given every possible excuse to the mrs to get to fun city and LOS on my own or with mates in the past - I've used the excuse of a wedding (my mates "wedding"), and dentist work and visiting a mate in Malaysia (when i was actually on a plane to BKK), i've now run out of excuses. So, plan is to take the mrs and baby to Pattaya where I'm meeting my buddy from Malaysia (also with wife and kids in tow). Mate and I figure we can escape the ball n chains a couple of eves for a couple of beers "round the corner" from the hotel (i.e. first baht bus to walking st) - so what we're looking for is a nice hotel, that's not surrounded by beer bars and the like (otherwise the wives will cotton on) but where we can pop into a baht bus or taxi and be in walking st in 5 mins or so.. I like looks of Woodland resort in Naklua (v handy for baht bus to Sabai massages) or the garden cliff resort also Naklua direction (bit further out but free shuttle to town) - but both are over 3,000 bht/nt so out of our budget...any suggestions gratefully received!

find a hotel in Jomtien, that should work out nince,

there are always a bath bus ore motorbike taxi...

My linkAll my dreams will come true in Pattaya.....

A weird query I guess, but I'm looking for a good hotel up to 2,000 bht/rm/nt that's not in the thick of the action and is NOT guest friendly. Having given every possible excuse to the mrs to get to fun city and LOS on my own or with mates in the past - I've used the excuse of a wedding (my mates "wedding"), and dentist work and visiting a mate in Malaysia (when i was actually on a plane to BKK), i've now run out of excuses. So, plan is to take the mrs and baby to Pattaya where I'm meeting my buddy from Malaysia (also with wife and kids in tow). Mate and I figure we can escape the ball n chains a couple of eves for a couple of beers "round the corner" from the hotel (i.e. first baht bus to walking st) - so what we're looking for is a nice hotel, that's not surrounded by beer bars and the like (otherwise the wives will cotton on) but where we can pop into a baht bus or taxi and be in walking st in 5 mins or so.. I like looks of Woodland resort in Naklua (v handy for baht bus to Sabai massages) or the garden cliff resort also Naklua direction (bit further out but free shuttle to town) - but both are over 3,000 bht/nt so out of our budget...any suggestions gratefully received!

Hey mate how about a luxury villa at jomtiem veiwpoint village nothing like it especially to legitimise pattaya to your mrs whats a few bucks more. These villas come with cars, pools, enough room for families, daily clean, personal local contact,taxi service and chefs for hire 800bht a night plus food costs and can take your family to the markets to shop with them plus recieve a cooking lesson to boot. You and especially your wife and mates wife will love it and wont have a clue so if your gonna risk all then do some wicked homework check out this web site http://www.thailandholidayhomes.co.uk/thailand-villas.html

Might cost you around $240 aust a night shared by your mate for both your famillies to stay but they are so good your wives and kids wont want to leave except to go to the beach or see an elephant good luck

Edited by thermal

Try the Amari at the Dophin roundabout, it's set back inside a fenced in area, nice place, I spent 2 years there back in 95-96.

Chalee

A wise man once told me to ignore anything that comes out of a woman's mouth, unless it needs wiping and putting back in your pants.
You might see me tonight with an illegal smile, it doesn't cost very much and it last a long while ............ John Prine

You can't fix stupid

I'm a man of many things, but Character is not one of my attributes.

Happiness - Everyone brings some,  some by coming, others by going.

No use wanting what you can't get

Quit Hollering at me, I  heard you the first time you don't have to tell the neighbors, a little silence ain't no sin , they already know my name is where the hell have you been,

Project Whores

I would suggest The Nirvanna hotel in Jomtien a NZ mate of mine named Cleve runs it and laast time I was there at xmas I went for a walk through the place and the rooms are very very comfortable and spacious, The pricing would suit you and the kids as they have rooms from 1 room to 2 rooms. If you get to talk to Cleve let him know Michael recomended you, they have some specials on as well see the website.

http://www.nirvanaboutiquehotel.com/

thanks for all your tips guys, much appreciated. Miami - I'll take you up on that $10, you don't know naivety until you've met a japanese bird.. :D

thanks for all your tips guys, much appreciated. Miami - I'll take you up on that $10, you don't know naivety until you've met a japanese bird.. :Chokdee3:

Naive or not the wife would have to be deaf and blind not to realise what Pattaya is all about on their first occasion outside.From the question it sounds like you have not been in Pattaya before, and I can assure you we kid you not when we say that they will know, seriously.

Maybe you should consider Naklua, slightly north of Beach Road. Here are a couple of nice hotels, 100B joiner fee, mixture of old couples, the odd monger & some families:

http://www.greenparkpattaya.com/

http://www.lomahotel.com/

They are both set back from the main road & are surrounded by legit massage parlours & high end spas. Plus they have on-site spas as well so no need for the wife to leave the hotel.

As for the wife guessing, you MAY be OK if you arrive early morning or afternoon & she doesn't stray too far from the hotel. For your enjoyment there are many beer bar complexes on the Naklua Rd, a short 5 minute walk away.

Good luck, you'll need it.

Peace. :Clap8:

sgu_banner.gif