IGNORED

Tips for the room cleaner

Lykkeboden

Hi guys!

Just courios to know if you tip the hotel room cleaner each day. I my self usually tip 40- 60 baht each day, to have an exstra clean and tidy hotel room.

Have some friends tipping 1000 baht at check out. The problem then is that very often they send a guy to check your room, and it is a possibilty that he keep the money, and not sharing with others.

To you veterans in here. Do the cleaning ladys share their tip with everyone, or do they keep it for them self?

Best regard a travelsick and eager man soon leaving for Patts :-)

Inside me is an thin little boy, screeming to come out. Most of the time i get him to shut up with an biscuit!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=2&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xDCDFCA&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta&

&event_time=year:2010;month:3;day:19;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=no&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=When i come Patts :-)&

&event_title=When i come Patts&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=false&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

Hi guys!

Just courios to know if you tip the Hotel room cleaner each day. I my self usually tip 40- 60 baht each day, to have an exstra clean and tidy Hotel room.

Have some friends tipping 1000 baht at check out. The problem then is that very often they send a guy to check your room, and it is a possibilty that he keep the money, and not sharing with others.

To you veterans in here. Do the cleaning ladys share their tip with everyone, or do they keep it for them self?

When i use to stay in the hotels, i never tipped, because not only i never saw the cleaning crew, but also did not feel they did anything special to be tipped.

Now i live in the house and have regular maid, i tip her 200-300 monthly.

Before you tip, you need to think if the cleaning lady is doing anything extra to what she is suppose to?

Is it the same girl or girls every day?

If it is the same lady every day and you actually see her and want to tip her, i think do it on the last day, check out 100-250baht.

If you tip daily, you will find she will expect it every day irrespective of the job she does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

I have a soft heart for the maids. Their work is bloody hard. 15-18 rooms a day is normal, more if all rooms occupied.

They work for slave wages, so I always tip. To the maid personally.

Don't leave it in the room, as another stand in maid for the day might get it.

I always ask what day she's off, so I can be sure to tip her personally before check out.

2 weeks = 500

1 month = 1.000

I try, within the first couple of mornings, of my stay, to see the cleaner in order to give her a tip. I find that if I do this when I arrive, the attention to detail will be a whole lot better. If I feel she is doing a good job I will tip her on a weekly basis during the period of my stay.

Make them happy at the start of your stay and then later if require anything, it will never be to much trouble.

Always seemed to work for me. In Patts over a 3 week period probably tip 1000-1500 THB for the room cleaner.

The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so fucking temperamental.

only tip if im their when she cleans.. and she does a good job, and

or if we boom boom... you dont have to tip every tom dick and harry, its a yank thing..

One once told me that if you leave a tip on the last day the guy checking the mini bar on check out grabs it.

I usually seek her out first day or so explain that I want extra towels for the period of the stay and leave 20b each day

I usually Tip at the first day to the Lady and the security 500 bahts each and Tell em there will be more at the last day if performance is to my satisfaction.. Worked everytime.. Even let me bring three BGs to the room twice, which most hotel only let in one joiner free but not two or more..

I usually Tip at the first day to the Lady and the security 500 bahts each and Tell em there will be more at the last day if performance is to my satisfaction.. Worked everytime.. Even let me bring three BGs to the room twice, which most hotel only let in one joiner free but not two or more..

Yeah

That happend to me to, on my last trip. Had 3 service girls from gogo on a party at my loom :wub::Hug1:

Great fun, the receptionist, and security at Dynasty inn didn't say anything

Inside me is an thin little boy, screeming to come out. Most of the time i get him to shut up with an biscuit!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="100" width="200" data="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">'>http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf">

<param name="movie" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/cdt2_2.swf" />

<param name="base" value="http://www.usflashmap.com/component/cdt_new/" />

<param name="flashvars" value="

&timer=2&

&time_template=3:ss;2:mm;1:hh;0:dd&

&time_color=0x000000&

&label_color=0x000000&

&background_color=0xDCDFCA&

&flare_view=true&

&time_label=d:DAY;h:HOUR;m:MIN;s:SEC&

&time_zone=(GMT +07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta&

&event_time=year:2010;month:3;day:19;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_duration=year:0;month:0;day:0;hour:0;minute:0;seconds:0&

&event_recursion=no&

&onpress_url=-&

&event_onpress_url=-&

&title=When i come Patts :-)&

&event_title=When i come Patts&

&sound_file=-&

&event_sound_file=-&

&transparent=false&

" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

<param name="scale" value="noscale" />

<param name="salign" value="lt" />

</object>

Hi guys!

Just courios to know if you tip the Hotel room cleaner each day. I my self usually tip 40- 60 baht each day, to have an exstra clean and tidy Hotel room.

Why would you TIP the room cleaner? Are you not already paying for that service when you rent the room?.

I never have tipped the cleaners in hotels and I wont start now.I would also add that I find the thought that I should tip offensive as no one has ever tipped me for driving a truck ,which is, or was, my job.

Why would you TIP the room cleaner? Are you not already paying for that service when you rent the room?.

I never have tipped the cleaners in hotels and I wont start now.I would also add that I find the thought that I should tip offensive as no one has ever tipped me for driving a truck ,which is, or was, my job.

well said. nobody is tipping me for sitting here at 4 oclock in the morning looking after a submarine either. unless they do a spectacular job i never tip.

well said. nobody is tipping me for sitting here at 4 oclock in the morning looking after a submarine either. unless they do a spectacular job i never tip.

Fooking hell Reg you siding with a jock that's a first...lol

So do you or your Scottish chum work your bollocks of for a £100 a month? NO i thought not.

The tips are to help with their English language lessons. It helps them to understand phrases like: "Do not disturb", "Extra towels please.","Please clean my room again this evening has I had a midday shag.", etc.

babydollsaddict.gif

I tip 20 baht daily for the same reasons as others have stated. Maid is a very low-paying, dirty job. Also, tipping a lump sum at the end of my stay would likely mean the bell boy would get all of it.

BTW, 20 baht is relatively generous since you can get a freshly cooked meal in LOS for 30 baht.

I have the maid do my laundry. I tip her when she brings it back, that way I know she gets it. I don't carry a lot of clothes so it works good, at smaller hotels.

I tend to always book in early in the day as opposed to the evening, at that time I seek out the maid and get her to bring things I think are needed like extra bath towels. I then usually tip her 100 Baht for her 'trouble'. After this I leave 40 Baht a day on the pillow, which is the traditional place to leave a tip for the room maid.

By doing this I have invariably had zero problems, additional towels are always there, an extra sweep through is always available whilst they are still on duty. I have even had the odd accident on the sheets dealt with without trauma.

Maids are a vital cog within the machine when staying in any hotel, they get paid crap and have to deal with a lot of crap, of one kind or another :D treating them as fellow humans will pay dividends every time. On my last day I will always seek them out and thank them for their service and hand them their tip. When using a hotel on a regular basis this has served me well. Maids talk, I have on occasion returned and even when on a different floor the maid has turned up with my extra towels without even being asked :GoldenSmile1:

Given the choice between buying an extra LD or tipping the maid, the maid wins hands down.

I know that whoever gets the job of cleaning my room has their work cut out. I would not want to do it given the state the room gets into with all that goes on in there. Often the cleaner has to await my pleasure (as it should be) in order to get in and clean the room. Sometimes this can be after 4pm. I make a point of meeting the cleaner early on in my stay and just give a small tip - maybe 200 bt. I then give the same each week. It has always ensured that I get plenty of soap/shampoo/towels and all the rest of the bits. they work far harder than the waiters and we usually don't think twice about tipping them. Also some of the cleaners are fair game and will work extra hard for their tip.

100 Baht on the first day when asking for extra towels

20 Baht every day left on the bed

50 Baht whenever the room is in a mess

100 Baht when I check out (handed over personally) for her to remember me next time

... and of course a friendly smile whenever I see her.

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

Fooking hell Reg you siding with a jock that's a first...lol

So do you or your Scottish chum work your bollocks of for a £100 a month? NO i thought not.

What I earn in the UK is of no consequence,The rates of pay and the standards of living are different and lower in Thailand,that's why I can afford to come to Pattaya.My point is that I have paid for a service,why would there be any expectation of extra unless an extra service is supplied.

I would be interested to find out why you think I should pay more than the advertised price in Thailand and also if you think I should Tip in the UK, especially as the UK worker almost certainly has a higher income than I do.

Wow, looking at the other responses, I guess I'm spoiling my maids because I tip 100bhat a day. However for that, I always had more towels than I could ever use, extra free bottles of water and whatever else I asked for was taken care of immediately. Now I know why she offered to blow me on my last day... ;-)

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

All depends on the service they give during my stay at their hotel, I've had a few thing that have bugged me at various hotels in Pattaya such as noisy maids in the corridor from 9am onwards, knocking on the door to clean the room when the do not disturb card is on the door handle just because they cant be arsed to bring the cleaning trolley back later, not taking advantage of my room being unoccupied when I have gone out for a bite to eat or a walk for a good hour+ only to find the room has still not been cleaned on my return then have them wanting to clean the room during an afternoon nap.

Have always found that the rooms have been cleaned to a good standard and never had anything go missing by maids at any hotel I have stayed at in Thailand but I do tend to pick up on things such as mentioned above and that's when any chance of tips is blown from me, why should I feel obliged to tip for room cleaning when the hotel is paying them to do that and maids cant find a little bit of common sense and curtsy.

100 baht a week up front and the pleasure of seeing my cock or more than one occasion... :Circle_Sharks: