IGNORED

hotel ibis?

slov27

is hotel ibis in soi 2 guest friendly? and will i have 2 pay joiner fee there?

Hello!

I stayed there for two weeks back in November 2009. Yes, it is brand new, but boy, are those mattresses are HARD! I called the management, they did try to make accommodations, but to no avail. The rooms are very very tiny, but all fixtures are new and it is very clean. The bathrooms are all fully functional and well equipped. Ask for a room on the top floor, away from the elevators. Each room comes with an electronic safe.

As for your "guests", yes, they are guest friendly. They will ask for an ID at the front desk when you bring the girls in. One thing I really did like, is when the girls would leave, and come downstairs and ask for their ID back, the front dest will always ring you up in your room, and ask "Sir, your lady friend is leaving. Is everything all right?" Now, that's customer service!

They have a decent breakfast buffet, all you can eat for 200 baht, when I was there. Bottom line: It is a corporate hotel chain, so expect that same cold sterile, corporate feeling. The employees are all in corporate uniforms. Clean, safe, and very sterile.

thanks 4 the help bogey ive already pre payed for the buffet breakfast 4 my 8 nights so that will come in handy, thanks 4 ur post!

Yes, it is brand new, but boy, are those mattresses are HARD! I called the management, they did try to make accommodations, but to no avail. The rooms are very very tiny, but all fixtures are new and it is very clean. The bathrooms are all fully functional and well equipped. Ask for a room on the top floor, away from the elevators. Each room comes with an electronic safe.

As for your "guests", yes, they are guest friendly. They will ask for an ID at the front desk when you bring the girls in. One thing I really did like, is when the girls would leave, and come downstairs and ask for their ID back, the front dest will always ring you up in your room, and ask "Sir, your lady friend is leaving. Is everything all right?" Now, that's customer service!

They have a decent breakfast buffet, all you can eat for 200 baht, when I was there. Bottom line: It is a corporate hotel chain, so expect that same cold sterile, corporate feeling. The employees are all in corporate uniforms. Clean, safe, and very sterile.

Agreed - it's my hotel of choice in Pattaya. Service is excellent, everything in perfect condition, and an excellent bathroom. That's the part I always whinge about staying elsewhere - lots of the bathrooms look unclean, not even a proper shower basin. Yes, I know it's Thailand, but no - me no want. There is that walk of shame in the morning, but the doormen seem to enjoy it. ;) Plus you're really close to the Carrefour and Big C supermarkets, and the Pattaya sport club.

One thing - the new Holiday Inn has blocked your view of the beach. If you open the windows, of course. (Last June I was ramming this girl from behind on my balcony at 5am - what a way to enjoy a sunrise..) And I like the hard mattresses - the girls just bounce higher!

Edited by Woofiee

Agreed - it's my hotel of choice in Pattaya. Service is excellent, everything in perfect condition, and an excellent bathroom. That's the part I always whinge about staying elsewhere - lots of the bathrooms look unclean, not even a proper shower basin. Yes, I know it's Thailand, but no - me no want. There is that walk of shame in the morning, but the doormen seem to enjoy it. ;) Plus you're really close to the Carrefour and Big C supermarkets, and the Pattaya sport club.

One thing - the new Holiday Inn has blocked your view of the beach. If you open the windows, of course. (Last June I was ramming this girl from behind on my balcony at 5am - what a way to enjoy a sunrise..) And I like the hard mattresses - the girls just bounce higher!

i am staying at the ibis in bangkok, do you know if they have their own transport between their hotels like the dynasty hotel?

i am staying at the ibis in bangkok, do you know if they have their own transport between their hotels like the dynasty hotel?

No, I am not sure. But I'm sure they could arrange transport.

One more helpful hint for ya, Slov27. When you want to catch a baht bus from the Ibis, don't walk up to second road. For some reason, that's near the end of the line, the regular route. If you catch one there, they (the baht bus driver) will make the assumption that you want to go someplace special, and they will charge you more than the 10baht fee. One time, when I got in on second road, the baht bus driver told everyone else (local thais) to get out. I told him I wanted to go to Soi Bukahow, and he took me there alone, and charged me 200 baht! Not what I wanted!!

Anyway, enough of that. Instead, walk the opposite way, towards Beach road, past the Holiday Inn. There, on Beach Road, you will find all the baht buses waiting for you.