Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baywalk residence hotel

limesaz

Ok, I stayed here for 2 nights (would have been 1 but stupidly I book for 2 through agoda). Ill start with the positives, because there are quite a few. Its situated in a very nice location, just off of beach road and near Walking Street and all the malls. The pool, which is on the roof is small but nice and the views are very cool from up there. The rooms are nice and spacious, nothing special but nice. And the hotel staff are very friendly. OK, thats all the positives out the way.

The cons-

There is alot of construction going on at this hotel and so therefore there is a lot of noise during the day. The hotel lift is very slow and so I ended up walking down the stairs most of the time. The internet is very bad and almost non existant. However the thing that really pissed me off was the fact that at 6am the chickens from the nearby building would wake me up! when I asked reception if I could change they said no because the hotel was full (fair enough).

so all in all I wouldnt stay there again. OK rooms but too much construction work being done inside the hotel.

Ok, I stayed here for 2 nights (would have been 1 but stupidly I book for 2 through agoda). Ill start with the positives, because there are quite a few. Its situated in a very nice location, just off of beach road and near walking street and all the malls. The pool, which is on the roof is small but nice and the views are very cool from up there. The rooms are nice and spacious, nothing special but nice. And the hotel staff are very friendly. OK, thats all the positives out the way.

The cons-

There is alot of construction going on at this hotel and so therefore there is a lot of noise during the day. The hotel lift is very slow and so I ended up walking down the stairs most of the time. The internet is very bad and almost non existant. However the thing that really pissed me off was the fact that at 6am the chickens from the nearby building would wake me up! when I asked reception if I could change they said no because the hotel was full (fair enough).

so all in all I wouldnt stay there again. OK rooms but too much construction work being done inside the hotel.

Sooo, what did you pay for it?

Thanks...

<p>

Sooo, what did you pay for it?

Thanks...

Im pretty sure I payed around 28 pounds for 1 night. I found out the hard way that if you book through Agoda and decide to leave early , the hotel will not return the rest of your booking fee.....

I stayed in the room type with a king size bed (superior room type I think). The rooms are very comfortable and it is a decent location, but there was just way too much noise from construction inside the hotel....and with the chickens at 6am outside my room!! :8of10Score:

I found out the hard way that if you book through Agoda and decide to leave early , the hotel will not return the rest of your booking fee.....

This is a general trait of all online bookers not just Agoda.

Its the (main) reason they can offer such heavy discounts as the hotels effectively "swap" guaranteed bookings for discounted rates. The online discounts would be much lower if this were not the case.

One alternative is to just book the first night online then hope the hotel has vacancies for the other nights and wil give you the same low rate - some will but most will not unless you again pay in advance in full.

Basically you can't have your cake and eat it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 3 months later...

Any new updates on this hotel?

Can they be contacted by e-mail to inquire about rates, etc? (Anyone know their e-mail address?)

Any new updates on this hotel?

Can they be contacted by e-mail to inquire about rates, etc? (Anyone know their e-mail address?)

You can send an e-mail via their web-site:

http://www.baywalkresidencepattaya.com/contact.html

But you will get a better rate thru one of the internet hotel sites - latestay, thai discount hotels, wotif, Agoda, etc. I just stayed at Baywalk a couple of weeks ago, and I tried to get a better price by contacting them direct. They told my point blank on the phone I could get a better rate on the internet than they could give me directly.

I like this hotel mainly because of the location. The internet can be a problem if you depend on the wireless set-up. But each room has a LAN connection you can use, and the hotel will let you use a cable if you don't have one (I always travel with one). In most rooms the LAN connection is behind the bedside table nearest the door to the room.

I didn't notice much construction noise, but then again noise has to be pretty bad for me to notice, and I was not in the room most of the time during the day.

I have stayed at this hotel several times since they first opened, and the rooms are starting to show some wear - but still a solid option IMHO.

You can send an e-mail via their web-site:

http://www.baywalkresidencepattaya.com/contact.html

But you will get a better rate thru one of the internet hotel sites - latestay, thai discount hotels, wotif, agoda, etc. I just stayed at Baywalk a couple of weeks ago, and I tried to get a better price by contacting them direct. They told my point blank on the phone I could get a better rate on the internet than they could give me directly.

I like this hotel mainly because of the location. The internet can be a problem if you depend on the wireless set-up. But each room has a LAN connection you can use, and the hotel will let you use a cable if you don't have one (I always travel with one). In most rooms the LAN connection is behind the bedside table nearest the door to the room.

I didn't notice much construction noise, but then again noise has to be pretty bad for me to notice, and I was not in the room most of the time during the day.

I have stayed at this hotel several times since they first opened, and the rooms are starting to show some wear - but still a solid option IMHO.

I have to second that.

I stayed there last year for about 2 weeks and overall I liked it. As said before the location is in my view their best selling point.

The biggest con in my opinion is the very basic bathroom, even in the deluxe rooms which are otherwise very nice and comfortable.

The other point which made me decide for another hotel is the general atmosphere of that patio.

Comparing e.g. about 1500 Baht for the LK Renaissance and 1614 Baht for the Baywalk I don't have to think twice.

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

I stayed there a month ago for one night too! Construction noise was still going plus it starts early 8am and the bar downstairs is very noisy at night till early morning!

Location is great rooms are nice but nothing fantastic (will post up some pics). They now have free fast wifi and the LAN connection. Think i paid 1700 ? around that anyway. I moved across the road to the Frazer resort for a small premium its much better! and still in excellent location.