IGNORED

Shenanigan's sunday Carvery

with everyone raving about it on here, I went at 5:30pm tonite to check it out...I walked in...no one was around the carving station...a guy came out and I was glad I asked to see the spread first before paying...the shrimp on a giant ice cube looked like they had been sitting there since noon. The popovers (which I love) were burnt and the meat under the heat lamp looked ridiculously dry as hell...no one was in the restaurant and no one was eating at the buffet...big disappointment, I walked out and had some thai food. A joke for 450. What's with the raves, seriously? There are $5 buffets back in the USA that put this to shame.

I've never been to the Sunday cavery, but have tried the friday night 'All you can eat ribs'....very tasty & you get your moneys worth :001_Thank_You5:

I think this Sunday Carvery is served from noon until 6 PM. Probably not a good idea to arrive just before it closes.

Retired

Each time I've been to the Shenanigans sunday carvery, I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are loads of salads, cold meats, prawn cocktail etc to start with followed by a choise of approxmately 4-5 roasts with all the trimmings. 450 may sound steep but IMOH well worth it.

Sportsman comes a close second.

ive never been to the carvery but did eat there once i thought it was very exspensive and i went around 6pm and there wasnt 1 other person in the place eating or drinking.

We went here about 1pm, prime time for a carvery...It was dire in every way possible, a solid 1/10 and thats being kind.

I had a steak in there on my last visit (january) asked for it medium , it came to me burnt to a crisp and totaly unedible, to be fair to them they did wave the bill after i complained about it, ok for a drink but i won't be eating there again, the Queen vic on Soi 6 does a good carvery, and has some very nice views from a window seat.

Edited by Mantra

I always go for the big spareribs menu when I eat here. Totally awesome dinner!

Football, beer and girls, easy way of living!

• 4 weeks later...

You gotta get there before 2 when it's still fresh...

did you go to the one in jomtien or 2nd road?

Living in Pattaya racing motorcycles and drinking like a fish...

Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today

I've never been to the Sunday cavery, but have tried the friday night 'All you can eat ribs'....very tasty & you get your moneys worth :Clap9:

The Friday night spare ribs are second to none for the price.

• 1 year later...

I tried it, and thought it was crap, the only part that was ok was the mashed potatoes, but lets face it how hard can it be to get that right, the Yorkshire puddings were the worst I've ever tasted in my life, I think they must use Polly filler instead of eggs, basically I find Irish bars over priced places that should be avoided at every opportunity, but for the prices you would expect decent grub, well think again.

The Sportsman Soi 13/1 has the best cavary in town...not the cheapest but it is well worth it...don't mind paying up for quality...and there are some pretty girls working in there...good fun too

Hooray beer!