IGNORED

Royal Cliff Beach Resort

ish27

I think they have a bus that takes guests into town.

Plenty of reviews here.

cheers tibbs

I really think you need to check out the joiner fee thing mate... We can help you find hotels which are just as nice without having to pay a joiner fee..... it really is the biggest rip off going.

Its definitely a top notch hotel HOWEVER, way too many family's. Its also out of the way and you will need transport to and from. You will be spending alot oof time traveling to and from.

It mostly for business people, families and Thai dignitaries. Not a monger hotel at all. Do NOT recommend this hotel if your into drinking and mongering.

Restaurant prices are stupid high. So is the room service menu.

Lots of better places in town that are girl friendly.

Try the www.NovaPlatinum.com is fairly nice and near the action. Girl friendly and much more cheaper that Royal Cliff.

Nice pool. Save your money for the girls!

Edited by SlickMonkey

there`s 5 of us going and we all into drinking and mongering i think canceling might be a problem i need to find out the cost if we decide to cancel

there`s 5 of us going and we all into drinking and mongering i think canceling might be a problem i need to find out the cost if we decide to cancel

5 of you! You would be much better suited to somewhere like one of the LK hotels.

plus its also a far distance from the action plenty of top rate hotels at less than half the price that are girl friendly and a few minutes from the action

One of th best hotel in town, specially the Royal Wing, nof GF and joiner 650 bahts

I think you should check with the hotel about "Joiner fees" as "Banana" said in your other thread that NONE were charged, and he says he has stayed there twice! Just in MPO it's too far out for me,(and expensive)!

i just want to say thanks to every1 for taking the time to reply i think too cancel is out of the question there is 5 of us so i would probably lose out some money if i were to cancel.

i would like some more info from people who have actually stayed there if possible. if i was to walk in there at 3am with a gf would the staff look at me all weird or is it ok.

• 5 months later...

i just want to say thanks to every1 for taking the time to reply i think too cancel is out of the question there is 5 of us so i would probably lose out some money if i were to cancel.

i would like some more info from people who have actually stayed there if possible. if i was to walk in there at 3am with a gf would the staff look at me all weird or is it ok.

Ish did you have any trouble on your trip in regards to the hotel? Im going with 3 friends in November...My friend is dead set on booking at the Royal Cliff too so would like to know what its like in regards to girls coz were planning on having em every night :D

Also, forgive me as im a newbie but do I have to pay a joiner fee everytime I bring a girl back? Or just once?

Ish did you have any trouble on your trip in regards to the Hotel? Im going with 3 friends in November...My friend is dead set on booking at the Royal Cliff too so would like to know what its like in regards to girls coz were planning on having em every night :D

Also, forgive me as im a newbie but do I have to pay a joiner fee everytime I bring a girl back? Or just once?

I have spent time in several hotels in Pattaya and never had to pay a joiner fee. I just walk straight to my room with the girl and act as if it is no big deal. If they stop you, you just play ignorant. This works best if the girl is not decked out in Bar girl attire and you aren't stumbling drunk. :Drunk1:

Its definitely a top notch hotel HOWEVER, way too many family's. Its also out of the way and you will need transport to and from. You will be spending alot oof time traveling to and from.

It mostly for business people, families and Thai dignitaries. Not a monger hotel at all. Do NOT recommend this hotel if your into drinking and mongering.

Restaurant prices are stupid high. So is the room service menu.

Lots of better places in town that are girl friendly.

Try the www.NovaPlatinum.com is fairly nice and near the action. Girl friendly and much more cheaper that Royal Cliff.

Nice pool. Save your money for the girls!

To comapre the Royal Cliff Beach Resort (4 different 5* hotels) with Nova Platinum is like trying to compare apples and oranges.

Apart for the exclusive Royal Wing Suites & Spa you can compare the other 3 hotels of the resort with Amari Ocean Tower, Centara Grand Mirage, Sheraton, Marriott and the forthcoming Hilton, but certainly not with Nova Platinum.

I also wonder where you got the information about “way too many families” from. Have you ever stayed there?

As in many high end places all over the world, the room rates and food and beverages prices are higher than maybe in a guest house, but that’s justified by having a guest/staff ratio of 1 : 1,6 and many other facilities.

There a plenty of BM’s on PA, who stayed in 5* places and won’t regret it.

I see no need to talk people out of buying a BMW, just because of personal budget limitations.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Dont get me wrong, I definitely wasn't trying to make a comparison. I agree there is no comparison. Its definitely top notch hotel as I stated in my reply.

I just said there are many other hotels nearby the action which don't have joiner fees. Ive stayed at several 5* hotels all over Thailand but I just don't think it is prudent to recommend to a "first time newbie to Pattaya", with 5 people to stay at the Royal Cliff hotel? I guess I should have made myself more clear of my reasons not to recommend this hotel for a "newbie"...

1. Its no where near the near action.

2. Traveling with a group of 5 people makes traveling back and forth a hassle. Baht buses don't regularly have the Royal Garden on their "route". A newbie will get taken advantage of when it comes to getting transportation back n forth. With only 2 weeks for a vacation you will waste a lot of time traveling back and forth to the hotel.

3. They tried charging joiner fees every time Ive stayed there. My business associates have also stated they were charged joiner fees.

4. Based on my observations there were indeed a lot of families and children when Ive stayed there. Also, I saw a lot of business people and Thai people.

5. I can assure you that this hotel will not take lightly a bunch of mongers coming home drunk with 5 girls in tow AS COMPARED TO MOST OTHER hotels THAT WONT BLINK A EYE. Newbies will more than likely get "tested" at this hotel when it comes to Joiner Fee's.

6. Agreed that the service is top notch but to pay 290 baht for a bowl of noodle soup is plain stupid when around town it can be had for 30-40 baht. I doubt anyone would agree that paying 7 times the going rate for a BMW is prudent?

Just my 2 cents....

Edited by SlickMonkey

My friends are dead set on the Royal Cliff...they want to book 2 presidential suites there in the Royal wing...which we can afford...im just wondering about the joiner fees are they something I will have to pay everyday or is it just a one off payment.

Also how much are we looking @ for taxi fees...what should we pay? what is a rip off?

There are 6 of us going in total now.

My friends are dead set on the Royal Cliff...they want to book 2 presidential suites there in the Royal wing...which we can afford...im just wondering about the joiner fees are they something I will have to pay everyday or is it just a one off payment.

Also how much are we looking @ for taxi fees...what should we pay? what is a rip off?

I have stayed in the Royal Cliff and would not recomend it for mongering under any circumstances. I was told at reception that there was no joiner fee as only guests registered at the time you check in are allowed to stay. You may be able to walk them past reception, but they have a lot of security about and a bar girl would stand out - there is a distinct absence of them.

Bhat buses are not allowed to pick up at the hotel. When you are coming back at night you will be able to get a bhat bus for 100bhat but going into town you have to use the hotel mini bus service which two years ago was 100bhat per person (rip off).

The hotel is very nice but def not for mongering. If you stay there you will regret it.

I have stayed in the Royal Cliff and would not recomend it for mongering under any circumstances. I was told at reception that there was no joiner fee as only guests registered at the time you check in are allowed to stay. You may be able to walk them past reception, but they have a lot of security about and a bar girl would stand out - there is a distinct absence of them.

Bhat buses are not allowed to pick up at the hotel. When you are coming back at night you will be able to get a bhat bus for 100bhat but going into town you have to use the hotel mini bus service which two years ago was 100bhat per person (rip off).

The hotel is very nice but def not for mongering. If you stay there you will regret it.

Absolutely correct: I stayed there 4 years ago for a work thing. Costs aside, it's the sort of hotel that guests check in to but rarely leave before going-home time, except on organised excursions: think resort. A long trawl to and from town, OK if your lady guest dresses elegantly but not if she's in Isaan infantry chic. Don't go there.

I have, mainly based on the reviews here, never stayed at a royal cliff hotel.

If you can afford the presidential suite, you can also afford the equivalent at the sheraton which is right next door to the royal cliff.

They have two villas that are beach front with a small private beach. The only downside for your group would be that the villas are at the opposite sides of the beach.

Also, like the royal cliff, the sheraton is far from the centre of Pattaya and transportation will cost around 40 Bath/person by motorbike or 100-150 bath by bath bus.

I had no trouble bringing back female friends to the hotel but none were obvious working girls.

I stayed there for 2 nights but booked in with a girl from BKK who is a school teacher. Great hotel but expensive and in my view even if you can afford it NO WAY is this the place for 6 guys to go mongering from. I really doubt they will aloow you to bring your BF back as it is full of families and also Jap couch tours.

Loving it on Soi 6

• 3 weeks later...

hi all i stayed at the royal cliff beach resort in april it is a nice hotel the rooms quite spacious we had sea view rooms which was nice the swiming pools are also good they also have 1 with a swim up bar which was great we used too get pissed in the pool everyday lol. it is abit out of the way you have to walk upto the main gate to get a baht bus which costs 100baht or motorbike taxis there are always people coming and going on baht buses the most you have too wait is about 10mins the hotel charge 300baht to town. And they do charge a joiner fee of 660baht per person and the food is pretty expensive but good quality. there was 5 of us we had no problems with staff or anyone else when we used to get back there used to be 10 of us. if you got the money too spend and you dont mind spending 300baht to get to town this is the place to be.

Edited by ish27

This one one of the few hotels in the vicinity that is most definitely not guest friendly, indeed they are most unfriendly both in attitude and charges as they do not want you there. Baht buses are now asking 150 baht at night to take you up there, after 3am its whatever they feel like asking as its for sure your not walking.

6 of you walking in with 6+ of Pattaya's finest is not going to be a happy event.

The suites in the Amari are excellent, just as are the ones in LK Renaissance which is totally friendly. If your friends just want to stay in that hotel, good luck to you. However I would look to getting some of acceptable cancellation excuse sorted, (Sickness), and booking elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not for the average monger, its very nice but many couples and families stay there and you will get many a leering look if you walk in with a cutie

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg