IGNORED

Visa at airport

mazzak

How long would I expect to queue for at the airport if I waited until then to get a visa

you should get it on the plane..

I normally arrive to BKK between 06:00-10:00am. My last trip took 1 hour to process through customs. Be sure to have your custom form filled out prior to reaching the custom officer. If not, they will send you back to the end of the line! :Deadhorse:

ok cheers for that.

If i get a visa before i go does that make it much easier when i get there?

you get 30 day visa on arrival ,fill the visa form in before you land .these are handed out before you land. it depends how busy immigration is when you land ,you still have to wait in the same line to pass through passport control so getting a visa before hand is no quicker to get through.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

have a pen on you,when sat on the plane

going to thailand

fill out the visa form there,while sat down,hotel name ,your name,pass port number ect

then can take it easy,get off the plane ,go down long coridoors,join the cue,with visa and passport

get your mug shot taken and passport scaned,visa form stapled into passport page

to collect a form ,by the cue,and fill it out there and then join the cue,seems a bad way of doing things

best to do it ,on the plane ,kill some time too,if long flight

my first trip,i not have a pen,so borrowed one of lady sat next to me,

can ask for a second visa ,if screw it up,fill out wrong

i have a few times

chuck a pen in with your hand luggage,or buy one in the airport ,

If you enter Thailand without a visa you receive a 30 days visa exemption at the border (airport).

(15 days if you enter Thailand via overland border checkpoints)

That's not a visa. If you think you need a visa go to the Thai embassy where you live.

Tourist visas should be free of charge right now. (I heard until this month)

If you think you may want to stay longer than 30 days... make it easy on yourself and get a visa before boarding your plane.

You can not apply for a visa at the border or inside Thailand.

Visas are applied for and issued outside Thailand's borders.

If you enter Thailand without a visa you receive a 30 days visa exemption at the border (airport).

(15 days if you enter Thailand via overland border checkpoints)

That's not a visa. If you think you need a visa go to the Thai embassy where you live.

If you think you may want to stay longer than 30 days... make it easy on yourself and get a visa before boarding your plane.

I just received mine, and suggest that any US citizen wanting to extend their stay beyond 30 days get their visa from the Thai Consulate in LA.

We can help with visa extensions if required.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

How long would I expect to queue for at the airport if I waited until then to get a visa

10' - 30' depending on the planes that arrive there and how fast your queue is.

I filled in the visa application on the queue sat for a mugshot and got into Thailand in 15'. This isn't a proper visa though (it's only for 30days but good enough for most people), if you need one visit the local Thai embassy.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

10' - 30' depending on the planes that arrive there and how fast your queue is.

I filled in the visa application on the queue sat for a mugshot and got into Thailand in 15'. This isn't a proper visa though (it's only for 30days but good enough for most people), if you need one visit the local Thai embassy.

It's not a visa.

It's a visa exemption and that is a difference or can be.

• 1 month later...

It's not a visa.

It's a visa exemption and that is a difference or can be.

Also only holders of certain nationalities can make use of this scheme. These countries are: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland, United States of America, Vietnam.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

.......................That's not a visa. If you think you need a visa go to the Thai embassy where you live.

Free Tourist Visas just extended to March 2011.

Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate, Hull for UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Free Tourist Visas just extended to March 2011.

Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate, Hull for UK.

Is this TRUE, as my mate from OZ just contacted Thai Embassy a few hours ago and was informed that the FREE visa service was not extended and expired last month. Now charging approx $40 for 60 day visa? :)

Thailand extends tourist visa exemption scheme until 31 March 2011

The Royal Thai Government has extended the tourist visa exemption scheme that had expired in March 2010. As a result of the decision, foreign citizens that qualify for a tourist visa are not subjected to a visa fee. The exemption scheme will be in effect from 11 May 2010 until 31 March 2011 (the fee exemption is not extended to other types of visas).

For further information please contact the Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand (662-981-7171) or the Royal Thai Missions or visit Visas and Travel Documents webpage.