IGNORED

Beach Road Notices

wobblyjohn

Recently some notices have been posted on the trees along the beach road and as I smoke will take this on board and do my bit to help but I can't help but think the beach vendors could do their bit as well by providing ash trays on each table and keep their area of beach clean, the council could also do their bit by supplying and suitable places in to dispose cigarette butts

Virtually every 7-11 and Family Mart has a bin outside but the top is always full of till receipts as people are too lazy to put them in the lower part so why aren't they cleaned regularly

72245-5860.jpg

72245-5861.jpg

HELP

WE NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE HELP US TO TAKE CARE OF OUR FRAGILE EARTH , IN WHICH WE "ALL LIVE" PLEASE

THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU YOU FLICK YOUR CIGARETTE IN TO OUR STREETS, BEACHES, STORM DRAINS, WHERE

EVER. THE FILTER WHICH IS MADE OF CELLULOSE ACETATE AND BECOMES "TOXIC" KILLS MUCH OF OUR WILDLIFE

SUCH AS FISH, DOLPHINS, TURTLES, CRABS,BIRDS AND MANY OTHERS, ALSO IT IS A BAD IDEA FOR CHILDREN

UNKNOWINGLY, TO PUT TOXIC FILTERS INTO THEIR MOUTHS, IF YOU WOULD PLEASE DISPOSE OF YOUR CIGARETTE

IN A PROPER MANNER TOXIC FILTERS ALSO GET INTO OUR WATER SUPPLY WATERWAYS AND MANY PEOPLE DRINK THE

WATER BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD BOTTLED WATER, YOU WOULD BE DOING YOUR PART AND WE HERE AT POLLUTION SOLUTION

SOLUTION ALONG WITH ALL LIVING THINGS, THANK YOU, THERE ARE TRILLIONS OF CIGARETTES SMOKED EVERY YEAR, THANK YOU

FOR YOUR HELP AND "PLEASE" TELL OTHERS BUDDHA BLESS AND GOD BLESS.

THE LIFE OF THE PEOPLE IS THE LAND

KOTO

THE KEEPER OF THE OCEAN

[email protected]

72245-5862.jpg

If we email suggestions to pollution solution maybe Thailand And Pattaya will become a nicer place to live or holiday

Environmentally aware Wobbly

Everyone needs to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer.

Very good post & good points made!

good post!! will help out

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

:rolleyes:

:Chokdee:

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

I'm not worried about Pattaya becoming a family destination. It never can with the way the beaches are maintained.

Good info. I'm pretty surprised to see this. I wish them every success but feel that its going to be a bit like trying to push sh!t uphill. I wonder if its a Felang running it?

Testicles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are places in the US where smoking has been banned out right, everywhere within the city boundries. Northern California, should I call them Nazi's as to try to ban personal freedoms? I don't condone it, but there must be a boundry established.

" A man in love is like a clipped coupon- Time to cash in!"

Mae West and some Thai Women

it's a good thing i usually smoke on holiday and allways try to either use an ash tray or squeeze out the cherry and throw the but in the trash. i dont think it to bad an idea to enforce anti-litter regulations (anti-smoking regs suck i am from california). if it helps to maintain an area for public enjoyment.

28278.png

Calabasas has pretty much ruled it out. Many beach communities have done the same.

The main reason was not only because of the smoke, but due of smokers not disposing

of the butts in trash buckets which are prevalent in SoCal where I live.

Soon they'll be banning red meat. If is a joke.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

Of course everyone should help to keep Pattaya clean, but how easy is it really, sometimes it seems like a mile between the garbage cans. :Raspberry6:

I noticed last week that all the beach umbrellas have been changed to new blue and white ones.they look quite good.

As a smoker, I appreciate how frustrating it is when you want a smoke and can't seem to find a place without a no smoking sign.

However, if I can't find a butt can, ashtray, whatever, I squeeze the cherry off, and just put the butt in my pocket - nasty smelling pockets sometimes, but why get more people more pissed off at us smokers?

Never argue with an idiot - they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

• 3 weeks later...

When you add in all the Burger boxes, pizza boxes, cans and plastic bottles it sure makes for a Crazy world we are living in !

I smoke and look for the bins esp on WS, not always there and often full ! same same Beach Road

Liz

For the Kids Smiles

Pattaya Kids

The lack of bins in LOS does not help the situation!

As for blaming smokers what about the rest of the crap IE carrier bags and other flotsam that you see washed up on the beach daily!

Every other beach resort I have visited has suitable recepticles positioned at regular intervals so why not in Patts?

thais dont seem to worry about dumping their rubbish in the environment. Around pattaya I have often seen a couple of thais turn up on motorbikes with bags of trash to dump on vacant blocks of land. its hard to find a vacant block here that hasnt been used as a rubbish dump (unless it has a temporary shop/restaurant put up on it)

However, if I can't find a butt can, ashtray, whatever, I squeeze the cherry off, and just put the butt in my pocket

haha yeah nasty but great that ya still do that.

hope you can influence more people by that.

also on the streets i always find it nasty to see those butts lying all over the place. just makes the scene less attractive

the younger generation

• 1 month later...
haha yeah nasty but great that ya still do that.

hope you can influence more people by that.

also on the streets i always find it nasty to see those butts lying all over the place. just makes the scene less attractive

There are a lot of us like that. We are the "considerate" smokers. The ones that don't throw them out of the car window, or throw them on the ground and don't blow smoke towards others (I try my best to always blow it UP in the air, not straight out). While I agree with most here that the butts are a problem, others have also pointed out that it is a minority issue with all of the other trash laying around.

Admin from piatnight.com