Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Change name on Passport?

griz30

My TG and I got married in the states and we plan on getting married in Thailand next month (Amphur). What name should I use on the plane tickets since we plan on changing her Passport in LOS when we are there? I figure use her Thai name and show the paperwork from the marriage on our return flight back to the states. What kind of paperwork do they give you at the Amphur office?

I would suggest asking the airline that you will be travelling with. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Please let us know what you find out.

Below is what I wrote on my Australian tourist visa website in my signature about getting legally married in Thailand. You will need to find out how to get a statutory declaration from the US embassy in Bangkok.

Below is the list of steps you need to work through to become legally married.

Statutory declaration

You must complete a pro-forma statutory declaration stating that you are free to marry. It can only be witnessed at the Australian embassy in Bangkok. The fee is listed as A$20 (590 Baht, February 2010) to be paid in Thai Baht in cash or by credit card. There are no ATMs inside the embassy. See the pro-forma statutory declaration that you will be required to complete at the embassy. Blank pro-forma statutory declarations are available at the embassy.

Previous marriage certificates

If you have been previously married you will need the original divorce or death certificates for the embassy to supply certified copies.

Translations

You will need to have the statutory declaration and any previous marriage certificates translated to Thai. The embassy does not provide this service and must be done by an independent business. The statutory declaration will cost about 400 to 500 Baht to have translated.

Certification by the Thai Department of Consular Affairs

The translated documents must be certified by the Thai Department of Consular Affairs. Each document costs 200 Baht to certify and will take two days to complete. You may ask for express processing and receive the certified documents in two to three hours. The cost of the express service is twice the normal service. If you only have the statutory declaration certified you will need to pay for two documents as they certify the signature on the English version and the full Thai document.

The office is approximately 20km north of central Bangkok and the address is:

Department of Consular Affairs

123 Moo 3, Changwattana Road,

Kwang Toong Son Hong,

Khet Laksi, Bangkok

Ph 02 5751061, 02 5751057

Hours: 08:30 – 15:30

The Marriage

Once you have completed the above you are able to attend the Amphoe (town hall) and become legally married. You may need to make a booking. This part is best organised by your partner.

If you are well organised and use the express processing at the Thai Department of Consular Affairs you could complete everything in a single day. However, it is probably best to get the documents together one day and go to the Amphoe the following day.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

My TG and I got married in the states and we plan on getting married in Thailand next month (Amphur). What name should I use on the plane tickets since we plan on changing her Passport in LOS when we are there? I figure use her Thai name and show the paperwork from the marriage on our return flight back to the states. What kind of paperwork do they give you at the Amphur office?

The passport is normally required to check in on international flight. Name on ticket must corresponde with name in passport.

Until you wife to be has got a new passport you should use her maiden name, but would advice to have information confirmed by the airline.