IGNORED

Metered taxi Phuket airport to Patong

rob69uk

Hi

I have read somewhere you can get metered taxis from Phuket airport to Patong.

I need some advise about where and how to get one,and how much they should charge.

My hotel will pick me up for 600 from the airport so a metered taxi may not work out much cheaper.

Cheers

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

I've been there twice in the last year and both times it cost me 500 baht. Just walk outside the airport and on the right hand side there are plenty to chose from. 600 isn't too far off the mark. Though just beware that at taxi from Patong to the airport will cost more, I think I paid about 700, probably conned me but didn't lose an oil station on it.

Enjoy.

600 is not bad the limo services have gone up,i used to pay 550 now they want 1100.you may have to wait for a meter taxi and its a bit of a pain.last time i got a mini bus 150 baht i think as soon as you leave bagage pick up, there are 2 limo services in front of you go to the one on the right ask for the mini bus.drop you off to your hotel they stop 1/2 half way to try and sell you trips hotels.i just told them i come many times and im all sorted they left me alone.

I got the minibus once,never again it took hours fucking around at travel agents trying to rent us hotel rooms.

KETAMINE JUST SAY NEIGH

In my confirmation-email from Baan Siam guesthouse on soi banzaan they cofirmed me that a taxi-pick-up from airport to their guesthouse will cost me 700 Baht.

They suggested to me that it was better to take a meter-taxi and would cost about 500 Baht.

It's the first time that i see that hotels/guesthouses advice me to get a better deal for a taxi if i book NOT with them!!!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

They have a fixed rate price at the taxi desk inside the airport on the way out at 600bt and i booked my return with the hotel also for 600bt.

when i went outside the airport there were no normal taxi's just the taxi service from inside the airport.

The metered taxi stand is to your right, after you exit the terminal building. There's a girl set up at a table with a book and a walkie-talkie. Sometimes they tell you that no cabs are available for the next 45 minutes. They tried that with me and I said I'd wait. 10 minutes later I had a cab. I think the fare to Patong Beach, on the meter, was about 400, but they tell me now that there also a small surcharge, 50 or 100 baht.

I'm going in a few weeks, and I'm just going to have my guesthouse send a driver for 600 baht. I won't be in the mood to fool with it all.