IGNORED

prices and exchange rate at the moment

scnitzer3

Hi members, I'm goung to Pattaya in June and noticing the Baht going down and down, does anyone know if the prices for food, drink and entertainment have gone down too, or do I have to put some more overtime in lol. I'm staying for Three weeks hotel and transfers aee paid for, so any ideas on how much spending money is enough. Many thanks

:GoldenSmile1: hey mate im no expert on thailand infact i have not even been there yet im making my first trip over there in march but over the last few months i have done so much research on this forum and have gained as much info as i can to get a understanding of whats what over there

regarding your question mate about the currency dropping i have nioticed that myself lately to mate i ended up just purchasing all my thai baht at my bank here on monday because i was to worried that it would drop and i would not get the amount that i had wanted to get and budgeted for come the time i fly i out i admit it was a hasty descission to purchase it here in my country but its done now and i got it at a rate of 26.2 for $1 australian dollar so i guess pending on your financial situation you have to decide what option is best for you either purchase it in england or wait till you leave and hope for the best

and with your other question regarding do they tend to drop prices in thailand from things i have read mate the answer to that is a deffinate no thai logic seems to be a bit different than what we are used to they seem to do the oppisote of what you may expect them to do

hope i helped mate

cheers

You want a good time here, need Thb 5000 a day (Usd 150). You will survive on half of that, but less drinking and women. Prices are mostly steady or going up, many hotels seem to discount 20-30% from May to Aug. Some girls too, if they haven't been barfined a week or more. The bar still want 250-300 though.

Put in some more overtime now, and have a lot more fun when you get here :P

Edited by Expat46

nice one guys, it's Saturday and I'm off to work, but it will all be worth itt come June!????

Hi members, I'm goung to Pattaya in June and noticing the Baht going down and down, does anyone know if the prices for food, drink and entertainment have gone down too, or do I have to put some more overtime in lol. I'm staying for Three weeks hotel and transfers aee paid for, so any ideas on how much spending money is enough. Many thanks

I think you'll find the baht is very robust and is going up and up, it's the Western currencies that are going down. The Thai prices do not allow for the weakness of the pound, euro or dollar so everything is relatively more expensive. I'd budget on 7000 baht a day if you're a big spender.

You normally get a considerably better rate of exchange here in Thailand than your home country. It would help if you said what your native homeland is. If you're British the pound has been in freefall for the last 18 months so allow for it to get even worse and bring extra cash!

Edited by yogi100

so may the prices go down for most things, that is helpful as i get there in may and leave after about 12-14 days,thanks for the info, i know the prices wont go down as they dont care about the value of the US dollar or UK Pound going down, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

You want a good time here, need Thb 5000 a day (Usd 150). You will survive on half of that, but less drinking and women.

I agree with Expat46. I have been to Pattaya several times and usually budget 5000THB per day. However, with the rate being so bad at the moment I am going for nearly 6000THB per day and cutting back on LT gogo girls and going for ST/LT bar girls instead. Should be able to have a pretty awesome time on that.

If (say) a hotel room is 1000 baht a night, why would they drop this due to exchange rates? Indeed why would any prices be expected to fall on exchange rates for that matter?

Did hotels in London drop the price for Thais when the exchange rates were 70 it the pound? Of course not.

I know what your saying guys but this is NOT a "Thai logic" argument.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!