Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

a british national entering the uk on a thai passport

macky

i went to the thai embassy yesterday

to apply for my sons passport

his british passort has also expired

what sort of problems would arise if i never replaced his british one

what sort of problems would we re entiring england

Keep both passports current. Leave Thailand on the Thai passport, enter the UK (or wherever) on the UK passport. Depart from UK on UK passport, enter Thailand on Thai passport. That way you side-step the need for visas. (Note that when presenting passports at the boarding gate, you should present the passport of the destination state).

Tried and tested for ten years or so.

Edited by kansuwan

i went to the thai embassy yesterday

to apply for my sons passport

his british passort has also expired

what sort of problems would arise if i never replaced his british one

what sort of problems would we re entiring england

If he enters UK on a Thai passport it must have the relevant Visa. he would not be alloed to leave Thailand probably as they would stop him at the passport checks at the airport if he showed a Thai passport with no visa.

It is very quick and easy to renew a UK Passport in Bangkok, they do it on the spot and post it to you about 10 days later - a lot faster than getting the visa in his Thai passport that's for sure.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

sorry it was a hypothetical questions

i would never take him out of the country without his british passport

i was just wondering what would happen at the uk airport if he or anyone got to britain

because as hes british he wouldnt need a visa

silly question i guess

if he is travelling on a thai passport he will require a visa

on the return leg if he travels on brit passport he will require a visa

Not such a daft question: the legal position pre 9/11 and mass illegal immigration/asylum & benefit seekers was that possession of a valid British passport was not a pre-condition for entry into the UK. If you had other means of proving identity and nationality, you had to be allowed entry (fact: happened to a colleague of mine who lost his passport after checking in etc at the other end).

Should have added above that a potential bonus of having a British passport for your son while here in Thailand is that it would entitle you to consular assistance from the British Embassy or Honorary Consul in Pattaya.

Not such a daft question: the legal position pre 9/11 and mass illegal immigration/asylum & benefit seekers was that possession of a valid British passport was not a pre-condition for entry into the UK. If you had other means of proving identity and nationality, you had to be allowed entry (fact: happened to a colleague of mine who lost his passport after checking in etc at the other end).

Should have added above that a potential bonus of having a British passport for your son while here in Thailand is that it would entitle you to consular assistance from the British Embassy or Honorary Consul in Pattaya.

thank you

is it ok to copy and post this on anoither board ?

He would need a UK Visa to enter the UK on a Thai passport simple.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

it s not simple

its just been answered on another forum

why would he needa visa to enter the country of his birth

its compicated and something that they wil rarly if ever come across

hes a british by birth

so its not simple at all but he would i believe get in with no visa

For someone who clearly cannot spell correctly and is trawling various forums for the answer its quite simple, and your experience of Immigration is ?

The UK does not issue visa on entry to Visa Nationals which you clearly are if travelling on a Thai passport ?

You book a flight you need a valid passport to enter the country when you book the flight you insert passport details ?

As you are traveling on a Thai passport you need a valid visa to enter the UK?

Moving on if the person has a UK passport and it is lost you report to the Embassy in this case its the British Embassy.

Are you saying that the person was born in Thailand and has a British Father which makes him British by descent ?

Has he ever had a British Passport ?

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

For someone who clearly cannot spell correctly and is trawling various forums for the answer its quite simple, and your experience of Immigration is ?

The UK does not issue visa on entry to Visa Nationals which you clearly are if travelling on a Thai passport ?

You book a flight you need a valid passport to enter the country when you book the flight you insert passport details ?

As you are traveling on a Thai passport you need a valid visa to enter the UK?

Moving on if the person has a UK passport and it is lost you report to the Embassy in this case its the British Embassy.

Are you saying that the person was born in Thailand and has a British Father which makes him British by descent ?

Has he ever had a British Passport ?

yes hes has a uk passport

but what im saying is why should he have to have two

way i see it his thai passport is a warrant to travel

and as he hasa uk birth certificate he doesnt need a vis to to enter the uk

i know it would be trouble at heathrow >

but surely they would have to let him in

no visa needed becasuse as hes english he dont need one

and my experience of immergration

is quite good got my wife her visa

and when we married got her settlement so i would say im quite experienced

i have fought immergration before and won

although i must state i have no intention of taking my son out of the uk without his uk passport

Edited by macky

basicaly i thought thius would be quite a good debate

as he is english traveling on his thai passport or not

he should not needa visa to get in the country

its has birth right

Your posts are self-contradictory.

In your first post, you stated that your son did not have a valid British passport. In your penultimate post, you state "yes hes has a uk passport"

The position is quite simple: entry into the UK with a British passport (thus proving identity and nationality) does not require a visa; entry into the UK with a Thai passport does require a visa. Possession of a UK birth certificate is irrelevant in this context.

Edited by kansuwan

if you read my post i said hius passport has expired although it hasnt yet

he has a month left on it

but as we know cabnt leave on the passport with so little left on it

and as for the visa i think you might be surprised

You obviously know more about this than I do. I look forward to being surprised.

Two applications is not experienced

So what you are saying is you son wants to travel to Thailand ?

Yes he has a valid Thai passport he can travel on this however when he does the return leg he will need a valid UK passport to enter the UK.

The airline will want to see a valid UK Passport or a visa to enter the UK try this at Bangkok airport at Midnight on a Sunday night, we have had clients refused entry at Manchester airport with valid visa refused leave to enter under the 1971 Immigration act and the nationality,Immigration and Asylum act 2002.

What is the problem here apply for a new passport its not rocket science !

The only way you will enter the UK is if the airline allow you to board it with no valid visa then at the port of entry you will need to satisfy the UK/BA or your child's nationality.

Thai Visa Express

Two applications is not experienced

So what you are saying is you son wants to travel to Thailand ?

Yes he has a valid Thai passport he can travel on this however when he does the return leg he will need a valid UK passport to enter the UK.

The airline will want to see a valid UK Passport or a visa to enter the UK try this at Bangkok airport at Midnight on a Sunday night, we have had clients refused entry at Manchester airport with valid visa refused leave to enter under the 1971 Immigration act and the nationality,Immigration and Asylum act 2002.

What is the problem here apply for a new passport its not rocket science !

The only way you will enter the UK is if the airline allow you to board it with no valid visa then at the port of entry you will need to satisfy the UK/BA or your child's nationality.

sorry must be my writing style

that what i was trying to say quite obviously i would have to prove his right to enter the uk

but that doesnt have to be his passport could be a nunmber of things

once again sorry for the confusion

i would have to prove his right to enter the uk but that doesnt have to be his passport could be a nunmber of things

Things such as??

I know that it is illegal for an Australian citizen to enter Australia on anything but an Australian passport. I would strongly recommend that you contact the relavent UK government department to ask the question in the OP.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

He has the answer already its not rocket science...

Thai Visa Express

Things such as??

well his birth certificate for one

and although he hasnt got one

a british id card

what im saying is that in the long run the wouldnt couldnt refuse him entry

he is brithish by birth

any way its never going to happen it was just a thought

I know that it is illegal for an Australian citizen to enter Australia on anything but an Australian passport. I would strongly recommend that you contact the relavent UK government department to ask the question in the OP.

thats the question i was asking would it be ilegal

from some of the replies i have got so far it would seem that theres nothing ilagal about it

they govermant would be to keen to answer a question like this

because as we all know there are things they dont want you to know

but if he has his thai passport which is a warrant to travel and hes british by birth

then what's stopping him using his thai one to enter the uk

the only thing i can think of if its ilegal to have duel nationality

"although he hasnt got one a british id card"

Please enlighten me about "British ID cards"....

thats the question i was asking would it be ilegal

from some of the replies i have got so far it would seem that theres nothing ilagal about it

they govermant would be to keen to answer a question like this

because as we all know there are things they dont want you to know

but if he has his thai passport which is a warrant to travel and hes british by birth

then what's stopping him using his thai one to enter the uk

the only thing i can think of if its ilegal to have duel nationality

All I know is that I wouldn't trust what people post on the internet with something like this...:)

It is not illegal to have dual nationality for some nationality pairs. However, entering one of those countries on the others passport could be a different thing. Like I posted earlier entering Australia on something other than an Australian passport (if you are a citizen) is illegal. If you think about it you can see their point of view. Why would anyone use something other than that country's passport, if they have one? The most logical answer is that the person is up to something dodgy. In this day and age our governments want to limit loopholes for dodgy people.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....