IGNORED

Need help with Non immgrant O visa

g_mac

ok guys, I've just been made redundant and I am planning to go to Thailand for 6 months to a year. I need a little help from somebody who has applied for a NON IMMIGRANT O visa from Hull.

ok 1st..Purpose of visit? what would you normally write here?

2nd ....Proposed duration of stay: Travel details after Thailand:?

3rd.....Evidence substantiating purpose of visit (Non-Immigrant visa only):? this is the 1 that I really don't know what to do.

I really want to get this visa as I want 90day stays to keep the visa runs down to save money.........

I'd appreciate any help you can give me guys.....Thanks

Another thing, I guess putting unemployed on the current profession wouldn't be a good idea? But as I'm on a 90day notice I not really lying that I still got a job if I apply soon.

Oh and another thing, I live in n.ireland so I have to do it by post. So I want to get everything right 1st time.

Edited by g_mac

ok guys, I've just been made redundant and I am planning to go to Thailand for 6 months to a year. I need a little help from somebody who has applied for a NON IMMIGRANT O visa from Hull.

ok 1st..Purpose of visit? what would you normally write here?

2nd ....Proposed duration of stay: Travel details after Thailand:?

3rd.....Evidence substantiating purpose of visit (Non-Immigrant visa only):? this is the 1 that I really don't know what to do.

I really want to get this visa as I want 90day stays to keep the visa runs down to save money.........

I'd appreciate any help you can give me guys.....Thanks

Another thing, I guess putting unemployed on the current profession wouldn't be a good idea? But as I'm on a 90day notice I not really lying that I still got a job if I apply soon.

First of all, I know guys who just turn up with their passport, photo's and dosh and the nice lady sorts them out, so to speak.

1. Holiday/tourist.

2. Up to one year ( you can get 15 months out of a one year, but that's for later).

3. Must admit I don't recall that one. Aren't there some advice notes on their site, from which you presumably d/l the form. Main one I can think of is a return ticket and a hotel reservation, but you may not have those yet. I'm sure the nice lady will put you right.

No, I wouldn't put unemployed, just put whatever you normally do.

They're there to take your money and I've never heard of someone being refused one, though of course it doesn't guarantee entry to Thailand if you're on a dodgy list, as the lady below discovered.

I'm rambling now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by The Artful Codger

You do not need to complete this section:

Evidence substantiating purpose of visit:

Extra evidence, as detailed below, is required only for Non-Immigrant Visas Categories “B” and “ED”:-

Category “B” = Letter from sponsor or copy of company documents or valid work permit

Category “ED” = Sponsor letter from educational establishment

Category “O” = Copy of Marriage Cert (if married to Thai national) or Pension Book or Sponsor Letter

The final reference to Category "O" is confusing, but ignore it and complete the visa application as a period of extended tourism, remembering to self-certify your adequacy of funds.

Edited by bocelli27

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

if you download the forms from hull there is a waiver there that you have to sign to effectivly state you have the financial means to look after yourself, everything else is as above

just send it to them special delivery and its back stamped in a couple of days, I have had 3 from there no problem