Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Muay Thai Events?

John McLain

I've been to LOS twice but never seen an actual Muay Thai event. (Not interested in training) Is there somewhere online or in country that I can find some Gyms or arenas known for the real deal(and dates). Did a quick google and PA search but couldn't find much. I'd hate to be stuck with the phony places on Walking Street again.

I'll be there mid-March 2010 if anyone knows a time and place off hand.

No matter how bad life gets theres always beer.

bangkok is the place for Muay Thai. get it ever night of the week.

you can watch it several times a month at pattaya stadium, tho even this is no where near the quality of fighters in bangkok.

you also get some of the other Gyms holding events.

If there is an even on you will know about it from walking down the street(or soi) because every lamp post you pass will have 6 or 7 posters advertising the event.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

The fairfax gym i think is called behind tuk.com holds events weekly just look out for the posters on you will see the up coming events.

Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

http://www.muaythailumpini.com/index_en.html

http://www.hellosiam.com/html/thai_boxing.htm

If you really want to se the best then go to Lumphini stadium or Rajadamnern stadium in Bangkok (see links)

Edited by Gator001

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

the gym is called the pattaya complex, the stadium is off soi 2 in jontien. different places.

but check out the complex as its where yodsenklai and narupol train when they havent got fights comming up.

but personal training with them is about 5000baht very very expensive, but if your a fan you can at least meet them.

The fighters you see in Pattaya on the shows will be average at best. Occasionally you will see a farang fight some half-crippled and drunk motocycle taxi driver and beat him(set up by the farang's camp :GoldenSmile1: ).. For the best fights as already stated go to Lumpinee stadium, I have been here 3 times and the fighters are of a high calibre, real pros. Also Rajadamnoern stadium has fights of the same quality. I watched a few dvds of the annual thailand versus burma fights fought with hands wrapped in hemp rope without gloves and little rules. This happens in Chiang Rai somewhere, and something I would love to go to.

Edited by ROIDFREAK

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

The fairfax gym i think is called behind tuk.com holds events weekly just look out for the posters on you will see the up coming events.

Dave

Thanks. Have you ever attended? What are the crowds like?

"It all made sense intellectually. But I've never trusted extremes, whether it be drug addiction, religious fanaticism, or zero-carb diets."

no events are held behind tukcom. you have to go to the stadium which is in jontien, (10mins baht bus from tukcom)

crowds are disappointingly small, unless you get a European/ farang fighter on usually at end of month(last thursday of month)

gear from the stadium is cheap enough tho with 8oz fairtex gloves going for 1800baht :Macarena: