IGNORED

Convert mp4 to avi ?

culvers

Anyone know any reliable free programs to convert mp4 to something windows friendly like avi? I have tried a few but they were useless. Need something that doesn't reduce the quality of the movie file.

Cheers :LMAO1:

Anyone know any reliable free programs to convert mp4 to something windows friendly like avi? I have tried a few but they were useless. Need something that doesn't reduce the quality of the movie file.

Cheers :LMAO1:

MP4 is a compression technology. AVI is a carrier format that can utilise different compression codecs such as divx or it can be used without compression (top quality but huge files).

If you PM me I have a couple of good video conversion programs. It's not possible to convert 100%losslesly but you should be able to convert with minimal loss of quality.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Just a thought. sometimes you can just change the file extension type .mp4 to .avi.(sometime it works , sometimes it doesn't) If it works then problem solved with no quality loss!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Another option is to use VLC Media player. It'll play ANY video - even if the codec is not installed on your system. It's free and you don't have to convert anything to play your video. But if you still want to convert, VLC Media player can do that too.

http://www.videolan.org

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Another option is to use VLC Media player. It'll play ANY video - even if the codec is not installed on your system. It's free and you don't have to convert anything to play your video. But if you still want to convert, VLC Media player can do that too.

http://www.videolan.org

sounds good to me, will give it a try.:Dehydrated:

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

yep, vlc media player is one of the best on the market at the moment for playing any file, also handy if you have movies that are slightly out out of sync as you can adjust it.

pm me and i'll try to email you a copy if you need it.

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

yep, vlc media player is one of the best on the market at the moment for playing any file, also handy if you have movies that are slightly out out of sync as you can adjust it.

pm me and i'll try to email you a copy if you need it.

I have found that VLC Player occasionally has problems with MP4. Windows Media Player Classic works for most stuff as well. Also, if you happen to have Nero on your system, Nero Showtime plays just about everything as well, but Nero is not free. Much better to find a player that works for you, than to convert, as you will always be getting movies and videos in some format that might not play on your chosen program. It becomes a pain to convert, especially if the segment is long--like an entire movie in MP4.

I have used the VLC player to convert videos and rip dvds, however the result was not acceptable. Yeah, it's indeed a good player, but not converter.

Now I have a video converter from iskysoft and it works just fine so far.

• 2 weeks later...

best easiest converter is called FLV to AVI/MPEG/ETC... its awesome and quick and does any file > any file

you can just type it into google with the word 'torrent' after it for info ;)

Edited by knifepoint

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If we are talking purely about converting, have had good quality out of TMPGEnc Express.

http://www.h33t.com/details.php?id=c703cdeaa00880a08c980358966e4b25d7f9b84d try here for what u need i used it with excellent results it does a wide range of stuff

Edited by pattayaguru