IGNORED

one way flight to thailand

my_name_mark_u_like_me

hi i am looking to go to thailand for 1 year and was wondering am i allowed to enter thailand on a one way flight?

I've done it in the past. I wouldn't tell them how long you intend to stay though if you are just getting a visa at immigration in BKK. best bet would be a multiple entry non-immigrant visa obtained in advance.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I've done a 1 way flight once from hong kong to bkk, had to tell the airline operator in hong kong that I was leaving thailand by bus, some airlines might not let you fly without a return ticket so your best to check with them before you book.

what kind of visa will you have? If you plan on entering under the visa exemption and getting 30 days at the airport the problem will likely start before your departure, they probably won't let you on the plane.

what kind of visa will you have? If you plan on entering under the visa exemption and getting 30 days at the airport the problem will likely start before your departure, they probably won't let you on the plane.

im getting a 1 year multiple entry visa means i can stay for 90 days then do a visa run and that does me for another 90 days. i got great prices for the time i want to go £350 with eva air direct from london heathrow 1 way.

im getting a 1 year multiple entry visa means i can stay for 90 days then do a visa run and that does me for another 90 days. i got great prices for the time i want to go £350 with eva air direct from london heathrow 1 way.

I think you will be OK but if i was you i would go over to the thaivisa.com forum and double check.

If you have a Visa for example a single entry or multiple then no problem but if you haven't then the airline might ask questions

I've done it 3 times with Air Asia,and wasn't staying for an extended period.

I just hadn't made up my mind on when I was leaving or where I was going next.

Come to think of it they never asked for any proof of onward or return bookings.

So I just book one way and buy my next flight when I decide what I want.

I have done it three of my last six trips and have never been questioned. One time i did entry on demand visa and two times I had acquired a 60 day visa from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. Have a great time!

Technically you do need onward travel documents.

Thai immigration policy has always been that you need to show an onward ticket to get a visa or visa-free entry.

In practice, they often don't check this.

Airlines may get fined, and possibly jeopardize their landing rights, if it brings people into the country who don't have the required visas, or other requirements.

This is true everywhere in the world.