IGNORED

Hole in One

basthehoop

Golf from the “Travellers Rest” 23rd January

Reporter Barry Hooper

A First for Fergus

A “First What?” you might ask.

A “Hole in One” is the answer. His first here in Thailand.

Many golfers at both amateur and professional levels go all the way through their golfing careers and never ever obtain a hole in one and some have many.

That is just the way the cookie crumbles. This was Fergus’s second.

He waited a long time for his first he tells me and that was in England about five years ago.

This one came at “Emerald” on Monday the 18th at the par three fifteenth. Which was playing one hundred and thirty two yards on the day. His choice of weapon was a nine iron and the ball made only one bounce at about eighteen inches away before disappearing into the cup. As you can imagine congratulations were offered to him from all present and the traditional drink for all in attendance was on offer back at the Travellers Rest presentation.

Well Done Fergus.

Monday the 18th at Emerald. A great turnout so there was three divisions.

Division three saw Alun Webber take the win with thirty-nine points and followed home by Paula Byrne with her thirty-four after beating Seamus Farrell on the count back

Division two was a win for Roger Wilkinson with his thirty-seven. Second and two back was Per Karlsen with thirty-five. Third was Fred Gemme at thirty-three.

Division one and the player who is off scratch Llew Matthews was third at thirty-four. Second spot went to Jon Dean with thirty-five.

But the winner with a forty pointer was inevitable for Fergus Brennan with his “Hole in One” assisting in what was a very good round anyway.

There were four very disappointed players who attained a two. Roger Wilkinson (2),

Liam Horgan, Derek Lucas and Brendan Moore. Why? Because Fergus not only also had a two but his “Hole in One” took the pot as that has always been the case at the TRGG.

Tuesday the 19th was a visit to Eastern Star

Great course and very good treatment.

A very good attendance so two full divisions.

Division 2 was a battle for fourth and third decided on count back with Per Karlsen and John Thornber both at thirty-five and John just edging it. Mike Rushant came home with thirty-seven for second spot. The winner was Trevor Thorley with thirty-eight.

Division 1 was also a battle for fifth and fourth on count back. Ted Senior 33 back nine 15. Brendan Moore 33 back nine 17, Third spot went to Howard Tyler with thirty-four after loosing out again on count back to George Robinson. The winner was Neil Bramley with his thirty-nine. Only one two on the day and that from George Robinson at the seventeenth.

January the 21st and we did not go to our usual Thursday venue.

We went to Mountain Shadow after a logistical error came up at our usual Thursday course. However a problem immediately ensued. No buggies available. Why?

Well it seems that the ridiculous rule they have of only one player in a buggy saw all the early teeing off Koreans hogging the carts.

A couple were found after it was pointed out to the management that we had a couple of players who would find it impossible to walk the whole course.

Why is the solution to this problem not obvious to the course? In the high season when you are so very busy allow two in a buggy and you will then have enough to go round.

The course was in excellent condition and played hard as was apparent when you view the returned scores with only one player out of the thirty-six attending breaking their handicap.

Three very full divisions.

Division Three and Jack McNamara took third with his twenty-seven.

(I told you the scores were low) Second was Garry Hall with twenty-eight and a very surprised Billy Ostle won the division with his thirty-pointer.

Division 2 went to George Robinson with thirty-eight followed home by Jerry McCarthy at thirty-four after winning the count back over Roger Wilkinson.

Division 1 was a third spot for Jon Dean with twenty-nine. Yes twenty-nine and second spot went to Tewin Lamthong also with twenty-nine but loosing out on the count-back.

The winner was the man who started off his week with a hole in one Fergus Brennan and with a score of just thirty-two points.

Only two two’s from Steve Smith and Barry Wood

Saturday the 23rd January and off yet again to Khao Kheow

A very, very good turnout. So we had three divisions.

Good weather to start the day but this was to change. Rain came in big time for play over the last six or so holes for everyone. Result some very soggy golfers

In Division three Derek Lucas took third spot with thirty-three. Second went to Paula Byrne with thirty-four and the winner was David Brown with thirty-six

Division two had Trevor Thorley at the top with thirty-four followed in by Amphan North at thirty-three with yet another of our attractive ladies Mod Chaviraksa in third spot at thirty-one.

I have it reported that when the rain came in it drastically changed the appearance of Mod who was wearing an all white outfit. The rain revealed a little more of her than she had planned. Apparently her under garments were black. Good job they were not white as well. I am not sure if this was off putting for her fellow players or not

The winner of Division one was Robert Andrews with his thirty-five and second Jon Lay with thirty-three. Third spot went to Barry Wood after he won the count back over Jon Dean both at thirty-two.

Seven two’s Mod Chaviraksa (2) Robert Andrews, Jack Watkins, Barry Wood, Trevor Thorley and Llew Matthews.

If you want any further information about the golf outings played by the TRGG please contact Fergus Brennan on 0860567019 or call in to the Travellers Rest in Soi LK Metro.

post-29628-126425473327_thumb.jpg

Well done with your hole in one barry its been some think thats avoided my family for years my dads been a member of moorhall GC for 52 years and has managed to win 4 club chamonships and is on the board 37 other times i played off 1/2/3/4 since i was 15years old and sneaked a few club chamonships and about 12 more board wins but neither of us have had a hole in one as the same with my brother. just a guess i think we have played around 40000 par 3s in our life and still no hole in ones we must be crap. So again well done might bring my clubs with me and join you for a game.

Well done with your hole in one barry its been some think thats avoided my family for years my dads been a member of moorhall gc for 52 years and has managed to win 4 club chamonships and is on the board 37 other times i played off 1/2/3/4 since i was 15years old and sneaked a few club chamonships and about 12 more board wins but neither of us have had a hole in one as the same with my brother. just a guess i think we have played around 40000 par 3s in our life and still no hole in ones we must be crap. So again well done might bring my clubs with me and join you for a game.

Just a correction. It was not me but Fergus who got the hole in one.

Congrats to Fergus on the hole in one. :CumOnFace:

I've never had one myself. I've been playing twenty years. I would'nt mind getting my first while in Thailand.

Aye well done to Fergus - there seems to have been a spate of aces from reading various reports of late. Are the holes getting bigger around Pattaya?

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I have it reported that when the rain came in it drastically changed the appearance of Mod who was wearing an all white outfit. The rain revealed a little more of her than she had planned. Apparently her under garments were black. Good job they were not white as well. I am not sure if this was off putting for her fellow players or not

Are there no pictures so we can get the picture better allright?

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

Are there no pictures so we can get the picture better allright?

irishstu

Sorry but no cameras not even a mobile phone was to be found anywhere.

That sounds like poor planning to me! Surely all fourballs should be carrying at least one camera to take advantage of unexpected photographic opportunities on the beautiful Eastern Seaboard courses? Add it to the checklist for all future outings.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

I have been playing Thailands Golf courses more then 7 years and can only Dream of getting these scores..ITCHA Moc Moc...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Are there no pictures so we can get the picture better allright

A picture of Mod.

Sorry clothes not wet the best I could do

post-29628-126486920228_thumb.jpg