IGNORED

Davis Hotel or Vie Hotel?

joseasd

Can somebody give me a little bit of info on both hotels?

right now i don´t know which one choose.

i want to spend about 6000bhat a night.

I plan on doing a lot of shopping, visiting tourist stuff,doing a couple of nice restaurants, i´m going with my girlfriend but a friend of mine who is coming also might want to visit soi cowboy, nana, eden and annies.

In the Davis i looked the Diplomat Suite with jacuzzi and sauna, but i´m afraid it would be too far away from the bts, and everything in general, since i plan on doing a lot of daylight activities not just nightlife, i checked with reception and they told me no problem bringing guest.

In the Vie hotel i looked the deluxe suite, it has the bts right at the door and the hotel looks nicer than davis., but i´m not sure how girl friendly it is.

So if somebody could give me their point of view it would be great.

Thanks

Not stayed at The Davis, but have stayed at the President Park which is opposite.

I found the location a bit of a pain. It's about 15 minute walk to the skytrain/sukhumvit road.

Check out the President Solitaire on soi 11.

http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=president+solitaire+bangkok

Quiet, but less than a 10 minute walk to the main suk road, BTS, 15 minutes to Nana Plaza. A couple of nice restaurants, Bedsupperclub and Q Bar right on your doorstep.

Good price too.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Can somebody give me a little bit of info on both hotels?

right now i don´t know which one choose.

i want to spend about 6000bhat a night.

I plan on doing a lot of shopping, visiting tourist stuff,doing a couple of nice restaurants, i´m going with my girlfriend but a friend of mine who is coming also might want to visit soi cowboy, nana, eden and annies.

In the Davis i looked the Diplomat Suite with jacuzzi and sauna, but i´m afraid it would be too far away from the bts, and everything in general, since i plan on doing a lot of daylight activities not just nightlife, i checked with reception and they told me no problem bringing guest.

In the Vie hotel i looked the deluxe suite, it has the bts right at the door and the hotel looks nicer than davis., but i´m not sure how girl friendly it is.

So if somebody could give me their point of view it would be great.

Thanks

Very far from the BTS. For cowboy and a 5 star hotel I think your best bet is Millennium Grand. They have some good deals in your price range on their website. It's near the BTS, MRT, and cowboy. Or you can get a smaller room over at JW Marriott.

Stayed in a suite at Vie last year, very nice. The place was brand spanking new when I stayed and I got a really good deal on rate. Great location - very near near Ratchathewi bts and withing easy walking distance of MBK, etc. Some small slummy areas right near the hotel, but appear to be deserted, don't seem to be a problem. They had some minor teething problems when I stayed (ppv TV system, electronic locks, and some room service glitches), but I chalk that up to the newness of the place, I would hope they have everything worked out by now. Personal service was excellent. Internet was fast but not free (expensive). Food was a little hit/miss but brilliant at times, and very expensive. Stayed with the TGF, so not sure how girl friendly they are, but they treated my GF very well. Would totally love to stay there again if I could get a good rate on a suite, but alas, they seem to be priced pretty high now.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein