IGNORED

Horny Dogs

LaaMok

When my Thai dog was 6 months old and had her first period, I took her to the vets to stop her getting pregnant. This was after lots of problems from the local male dogs. Including one of them getting there head stuck in the fence.

Now, after probably 6 months, all of a sudden a week ago, I am being woken daily by male dogs trying to get into the garden, they keep tearing up the metal wire mesh which stops dogs getting through the gaps. Its a real pain trying to get in and out the garden. The owners of the dogs lock there dogs out hours on end and they just wait out my gate, squealing, barking and potentially injuring themselves trying to pull down the mesh...

Does anyone know a good deterant? I thought after the dogs been to the vets she wouldnt have her period? or do they still let of a smell? My gf reckons its just that all the local male dogs are horny... but it cant be a coincidence that we are flooded by them all at the same time.

One of the biggest dogs is able to open the gate if unlocked.

How much did you pay for her to be seen to? He may just have given her an injection. Take her to the pet hospital on Sukhumvit Road just down by the Siam village on your right after Pattaya Nua and have her checked. I will lay money she has not been properly doctored. She would not be on heat if she had, I think for a bitch the cost is about 15,000 baht.

StunGun.jpg

These dogs are persistent, they will fight the other dogs, cut themselves on the fence, chew metal fencing, I have tried using the hosepipe on them but the main perpetrator is a Labrador and the hose pipe water encourages him.

How much did you pay for her to be seen to? He may just have given her an injection. Take her to the pet hospital on Sukhumvit Road just down by the Siam village on your right after Pattaya Nua and have her checked. I will lay money she has not been properly doctored. She would not be on heat if she had, I think for a bitch the cost is about 15,000 baht.

Its odd because there is no blood. It cost 1,500 baht to get her done, same as the previous two dogs. She came back with stitches down her stomach, so I assumed, they at least opened her up. I will get the gf to phone the vets.

If properly done she sound not be in heat. :IdHitit1:

I'm with Cerberus, the Veterinarian didn't do the job properly.

For keeping dogs away it may sound a bit funny but if you can get your hands on some elephant shit and put it in your front garden the dogs, and pretty much every other animal won't come near the place and as an added bonus the stuff works wonders on the garden. Head for the elephant ride places to pick up the leftovers if you are thinking about it.

Chemically you can use cayenne pepper or vinigar or citrus to keep dogs away, for cats you can use ammonia, but all you do is spray it on the outside of the fence and it will keep them away. I am not sure how well this will do when your dog is in heat but it is worth a go. Your dog will also stay away from the front of the fence but that can a good thing.

Edited by stevxpl

Dogs will hump anybodies leg so like me their not too picky. LOL

The cayenne pepper should work. I've used it to keep them from digging. Don't forget to apply after every rain.

Pulled from a quick search.

Well, this answer is not entirely true and I speak from experience. I have a dog and we had her spayed in July of 2008. She was almost 7 months old and the surgery seemed to go well. In February of 2009, we were at home and she was laying on the floor and we noticed a big streak of blood. We were terrified something had happened to her! We called our breeder and explained what was going on and she said, "Honey, she's in heat". We couldn't believe it since we had her spayed, but we took her to the vet anyway. When we got there, the nurse asked what was going on and we explained that we thought she was in heat, but she had been spayed in July. She looked at us like we were crazy. The doctor came in and confirmed in less than 10 seconds that Ally was, in fact, in heat. It turns out that when a vet spays a dog, they will essentially pull out all the parts and snip them off. To put the procedure in simpler terms. Very rarely, a few cells can be leftover and these few cells will make the dog go into heat. Our vet has been practicing for 19 years and she said she has NEVER seen this before. So, it is very rare. She had to go back in while Ally was still in heat and do an exploratory surgery to find the cells. She thinks she got them all, but we won't be able to tell for sure until that time this year. So, take it from someone who has had to deal with this. It is absolutely possible for a dog to go into heat when she's been spayed. If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, get her to the vet who spayed her ASAP so they can get it done. Apparently, it was easier because these cells were engorged while she was in heat.

<BR style="CLEAR: left; DISPLAY: block">

Edited by wetwillie

bryan i would take your bitch back to the vets after being spayed properly she should not be going in heat

Edited by redfred

Hmmmm!

Just like with the human species, on the Eastern Seaboard there are some pretty cool, laid-back, older dogs that will blow the socks off any young, pretty, naive and impressionable bitch. So mosey on back to the vet and get the deed re-done and then invest in a couple of power hose-pipes to dampen the ardour of the coolest and most persistent older dogs. I don't want old Bocelli here fathering pups at his age because he barely makes enough baht as it is to fund his Winalot and his beer and fags consumption.

P1010099.JPG

Edited by bocelli27

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

You just need one of these loaded with rat shot rounds.

sw_610.jpg

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

Thai Vets are pretty hopeless lot - I would agree that they probably haven't done the job properly. Get her back for a check up.

You can also get low cost electric fence boxes that seem to be made locally and work very well as dog proofing. If your interested I can try to find out where ours was purchased.

These are great to keep out the bigger dogs that seem to chew through barbed wire and chain link.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.