IGNORED

New Guesthouse opens

kainy83

hi, I've just opened a small guest house in soi 3 beech road, basically I'm looking for customers, we are full at moment and have been since we opened about 3 weeks ago, so I'm just trying to bang the name around so we may get noticed and remembered for future.

its only got 4 rooms and a small bar, but its in a good location rooms seem to be right and staff good and i think the prices are about right, by that i mean i don't know what we should be charging cos it wasn't a guest house b4.

looking at the rooms that are similar etc i think i have priced them right but time and me wheeling and dealing etc will correct things if i'm wrong.

would love all your help in getting the name around and passing on any recommendations you can,

thanks Graham

http://aroundthecornerbar.wetpaint.com/

to the mods etc

if this is not the way it should be done on here please delete and advise me, many thanks Graham

hi, I've just opened a small guest house in soi 3 beech road, basically I'm looking for customers, we are full at moment and have been since we opened about 3 weeks ago, so I'm just trying to bang the name around so we may get noticed and remembered for future.

its only got 4 rooms and a small bar, but its in a good location rooms seem to be right and staff good and i think the prices are about right, by that i mean i don't know what we should be charging cos it wasn't a guest house b4.

looking at the rooms that are similar etc i think i have priced them right but time and me wheeling and dealing etc will correct things if i'm wrong.

would love all your help in getting the name around and passing on any recommendations you can,

thanks Graham

http://aroundthecornerbar.wetpaint.com/

to the mods etc

if this is not the way it should be done on here please delete and advise me, many thanks Graham

The worst, hardest to navigate website that I have ever clicked on.

Once I found the link ( why so hard to find) better.....

Dude get a site without all the adds and drop the facebook crap.

Just a clean site without all the extra crap.

Just my $.02.....

Not going to book a room until it is fixxed !

Up To You !!

:EvilLaugh1:

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

The worst, hardest to navigate website that I have ever clicked on.

Once I found the link ( why so hard to find) better.....

Dude get a site without all the adds and drop the facebook crap.

Just a clean site without all the extra crap.

Just my $.02.....

Not going to book a room until it is fixxed !

Up To You !!

:EvilLaugh1:

PS I'm not getting on a airline for almost 30 hours door travel time to eat at Subway, KFC, and Happy Jacks... Ya might want to rethink that part of your "promotion"

Again just my $.02

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

IMHO, i think the price for both rooms are a bit high for what your offering...

I'm staying around the corner at the Summer Spring hotel this April...my room is also 1,050bht a night & is 5 times bigger & has a roof top pool.

Its a good start m8...but maybe you'd wanna look at other guesthouse price's...i've stayed in a few, & usually i've paid around 700-800bht for their best room.

Good luck :GoldenSmile1:

You forgot to mention its opposite the "Boys Massage" place!!!! With a view into their looms!!!!!

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

If I were you, I would also re-write all the text on your page...because the level of English is terrible.

Also split some sentences up in more sentences, because some consist of to many words.

Good luck!

IMHO, i think the price for both rooms are a bit high for what your offering...

I'm staying around the corner at the Summer Spring Hotel this April...my room is also 1,050bht a night & is 5 times bigger & has a roof top pool.

Its a good start m8...but maybe you'd wanna look at other guesthouse price's...i've stayed in a few, & usually i've paid around 700-800bht for their best room.

Good luck :GoldenSmile1:

Sorry these prices are way to high,in low season you can pay between 600/800 for a good size room.Also if you check out between 12/6pm only half day not full day.If i where you i would have decorated the place from top to bottom,that wall paper is the worst ive every seen.Thers so many guest houses about i think you will find to be competitive you might have to lower your prices

thanks to everyone for your input, points taken on board over photos and internet website etc

Thanks to those who know me and wish me well and the mistakes i've made which i hav will make me better

on to price, as i said earlier it ain't easy to price cos,

1 ,i ain't done it b4

2, there ain't no rooms same same in soi 3 beach road

3, quality of rooms , well they ain't bad, we rushed it to get it open so made mistakes for sure,

4, things in the room, well free wi fi, tea & coffee supplied in room, safe , large room , large fridge, 32inch plasma, dvd etc Overpriced???????????

jus on the boys massage muso if u want a decent view i'll make sure u get the room jus for u :GoldenSmile1:

Good luck, but you are seriously over-priced. If you look at the Soi Boocow/ LK Metro area, basically where your guest house competition is, your small room is the same price as the Rockhouse's big rooms which are about 3 times the size. Other GHs such as Metro Aptmts, Billabong, Liquid Lounge, Canterbury Tales Chow Soi, etc are actually seriously cheaper.

Factor in your away from the action location, ie you have to get a baht bus to go any wher, and you will have a problem filling your place.

Get on the net, check out the opposition, then reconsider your prices and services.

Be lucky as I've great respect for anyone who tries to make a go of it here.

Pussy is sweet,

but so is honey.

So beat your meat,

and save your money.

thanks to everyone for your input, points taken on board over photos and internet website etc

Thanks to those who know me and wish me well and the mistakes i've made which i hav will make me better

on to price, as i said earlier it ain't easy to price cos,

1 ,i ain't done it b4

2, there ain't no rooms same same in soi 3 beach road

3, quality of rooms , well they ain't bad, we rushed it to get it open so made mistakes for sure,

4, things in the room, well free wi fi, tea & coffee supplied in room, safe , large room , large fridge, 32inch plasma, dvd etc Overpriced???????????

jus on the boys massage muso if u want a decent view i'll make sure u get the room jus for u :GoldenSmile1:

Yes, its overpriced :Cry3:

I get all that except for the dvd player, tea & coffee....those 2 items aren't worth 350-400bht extra per day.

Also the locatoin (soi 3) dosn't sit well with alot of mongers...they like to be close to where the action is..:What:

Hey felix i no u think it's high prices but them prices are our top prices as u no theres a high season and a low season

We hav also started to do food now aswell nothin better than an english breakfast in the morning to soak up all that beer.

As for the area there a loads of decent bars up on soi 3 and 2 but we are jus situated right away from the noise but not far from the action neither

Edited by kainy83

Hi kainy83,

To come on the board and ask for input, one thing is sure, that is exactly what you will get :GoldenSmile1: Firstly good luck with your venture! I think the guys that have mentioned it are correct, your website needs some work. I gave up on it but went back after reading some of the other comments. It really needs to be cleaner and more user friendly, at present it is so cluttered many will not bother to try and navigate it.

As for your prices, well time will tell but they appear to be somewhat high, in reality you can get main stream hotels at those prices along with pool etc. If you priced yourself within the Guest-house bracket your additional facilities could well give you the edge when guys were deciding where to stay.

I think your location will be fine there are ample guys who like that area as a staple diet and only visit WS for the odd night.

Finally be active on the board, and I do not mean merely regards just your business, become an active member there is loads of information and knowledge here so tap into it.

Best wishes with your business

Hey felix i no u think it's high prices but them prices are our top prices as u no theres a high season and a low season

We hav also started to do food now aswell nothin better than an english breakfast in the morning to soak up all that beer.

As for the area there a loads of decent bars up on soi 3 and 2 but we are jus situated right away from the noise but not far from the action neither

Sure kainy, i understand what you mean about being high season at the moment....

IMHO for what your offering, the price is a bit too high for my liking...but time will tell hey??

If you have any special's going,let us know.....Good luck kainy :Oops1:

Edited by felix the cat

Like most posters I think you are over-priced by at least B200/night (based on Queen Vic room facilities and prices). What are your bathrooms like? I see no mention of bathrooms for either of your room types.

Glyn.

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.

You really need to spend a couple of bucks on your website. Wetpaint is cool for somethings, but in this case the site looks cluttered.

Maybe funds are tight, but here is the map to your place taken from your site...

sunshine.gif

That is kinda tacky and you should have a map to your place.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

why the decor ?????????

its like a 1970's nightmare. that would make me walk out straight away.

the rooms appear to be very small for the money and nothing special.

soi 3 wouldnt be my choice as its to far away from my favourite haunts, but some will like it.

the bar area doesnt look very inviting either.

hope your not on too long a lease because at those prices you will have trouble filling it. it will be interesting to see how much repeat business you get.

not very helpful i know but you did ask for comments

From my point of view having stayed in many hotels, guest houses over the years As everybody else has said the website has to be improved if thats where you expect your booking to come from.

At the very least change from black background to white.

If you dont have funds a simple blog will do with imformation about your guesthouse

Try havng a go at wordpress.com. But keep it simple and tidy. Even pop to the local school and college and ask the teachers if they know somebody who is good at doing websites and offfer a donation to the school and student to help.

As for the rooms be very clear whats included. Safe , shower/ bath, western toilet (yes some people thing guest houses have thai tiolets)

Again keep the rooms clean and simple, possible go and buy some magnolia and redo the rooms. Have a look at the www.classroom1.com new rooms they look nice and tidy.

No pictures of the good value room makes me suspicious straight away. Also no bathroom photo's for me again need to know I am getting a clean bathroom. You will be suprised how many people think guest houses have thai toilets. They watch the movie beach and think they are all like that.

You have spent the money on Tv's etc, really nice kit, rooms look ok (only because of the paint) otherwise topnotch.

:Number1a: Really Like the idea of room gets cleaned when I want up to 6pm. for me that is a key selling point. if you could offer a good all day breakfast to match it you may have a unique selling point. push this point. At your guest house get up when you want, have your breakfast when you want, have your room cleaned when you wont.

I always get up to late to have my room cleaned, miss the breakfast in the hotel. Hate having to get up early (12 is early for me in pattaya) and have my room cleaned, especially when I have some beautifull thai women who I was to pissed to shag the night before and now have to get up and have my room cleaned.

Supply and demand will dictate your room prices but by comparison to other places you do seem slightly over priced. But if you are full hey you are charging the right price. :Chokdee:

Everything else from what I have seen looks like you could have a nice business there if you run it right. just a bit of fine tuning now. And most of all good luck.

Edited by T-T-T

The monthly rates are not bad considering they include utilities and three weekly linen changes, instead of the standard two. However, there does not appear to be any wi fi, unlike many of the LK Metro guesthouses (which have cheaper daily rates). I would want to actually see these rooms before I booked.

First i like to welcome you to the board and wish you all the luck with your venture.

And now for the less merry thoughts.

The wallpaper man,the wallpaper.....those you just have to change,if i am not feeling sick in the morning after a good night of fun and drinking...i sure as hell will feel that way waking up to see those.

And as others have stated,just look at your competitors like for an example LK Metro,they offers the same or even better with much better location.

And further more.your website.....well there is a lot to say about that one.

1 advice to you is, give Lamook(admin on here) a little PM and see what he can offer in that department.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image