Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Staying in Thailand for 2 years if possible

darkstar

Hello Addicts

I am 54 and want to rent an apartment in Jomtien for 2 years approx ,I need to know how to get the correct visa for this length of stay without too much trouble of visa runs to Cambodia etc or leaving Thailand and re-entering again through the airport,all I want is the easiest and legally correct way to avoid any trouble on my return to the UK ,also I may have to return at short notice in the case of a family emergency .

Regards

I don't think you will be able to get a single visa of two-year duration.

While you could explore the retirement visa option, the financial evidence and medical requirements can be time-consuming and / or too demanding. My own thoughts would be for you to obtain initially a one-year non-immigrant category 'O' tourist visa with multiple enties. This will cost c£100, but is pretty much based on self-certication. You will have to leave Thailand on a border run every 90 days; but that is the case whatever type of visa you acquire. It will also protect your status if you have to return to the UK for personal reasons.

After one year your options would be to repeat the process above, which may require a return to the UK to obtain a new visa. I am not clear whether you could obtain this in Thailand or at a consulate in a neighbouring country. Alternatively, you could explore the retirement visa scenario while in Thailand.

I would also suggest you contact the Thai Consulate in Hull with an indication of your plans and ask for their advice on your visa options.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

It is their job, they are the experts and they are always willing to help.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

As above, you should start with a One Year Multi Entry (110 GBP) which you can stretch to 15 months, then either return to UK for another one, or go for the Retirement Extension from here, which requires 800k Baht seeded in a Thai bank a/c or equivalent pension/income or a combination of the two.

Don't consider Retirement Visa from UK - far too complicated.