IGNORED

Can someone help with this...

Pattaya Douche

Today she went for the interview and was denied. This was the 1st time, applying. We've been together for a year and i had to return to Canada for work. I have a year and a half left before i move to Thailand but in the meantime i would like her to stay with me in Canada. I'm completely 'green' on this but what should i do next to try to get her over here. I am returning to Thailand for work in 6 months but would really like to have her with me.

Canadian Immigration checked off the following:

In refers to your application for a temp' resident visa to Canada i have completed my assesment and determined you do not meet the requirements of a TRV. Therefore refused.

In accordance with section A11(1) of the immigration & Refugee Act any person wishing to become a temp' resident of Canada must satisfy a visa officer that her or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act.

You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a Temp' resident. I have considered several factors including:

1) Your family ties in Canada and your country of residense,

2) Purpose of visit.

3) Limited emp' prospects in your country of residence.

5) Your personal assets and financial status

Added in writing he placed: "Your establishment in home country."

I provided all the info needed and well i know im not the only one going through this but any advice would help.

Today she went for the interview and was denied. This was the 1st time, applying. We've been together for a year and i had to return to Canada for work. I have a year and a half left before i move to Thailand but in the meantime i would like her to stay with me in Canada. I'm completely 'green' on this but what should i do next to try to get her over here. I am returning to Thailand for work in 6 months but would really like to have her with me.

Canadian Immigration checked off the following:

In refers to your application for a temp' resident visa to Canada i have completed my assesment and determined you do not meet the requirements of a TRV. Therefore refused.

In accordance with section A11(1) of the immigration & Refugee Act any person wishing to become a temp' resident of Canada must satisfy a visa officer that her or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act.

You have not satisfied me that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a Temp' resident. I have considered several factors including:

1) Your family ties in Canada and your country of residense,

2) Purpose of visit.

3) Limited emp' prospects in your country of residence.

5) Your personal assets and financial status

Added in writing he placed: "Your establishment in home country."

I provided all the info needed and well i know im not the only one going through this but any advice would help.

Thanks,

A Newbie. 1001131418370001.jpg

Hi there are two ways of getting a visa 1st the way you try but will help if you girl comes for a 2 week holiday then return and mybe again 2 week holiday then you wont be denied unless she has tried before

2nd pay a good company cost your around £2000 but i would go with the 1st

hope this is helpfull scotty

2nd pay a good company cost your around £2000 but i would go with the 1st

hope this is helpfull scotty

A company to do what?? Sorry could you elaborate on this and the process as well what's provided by the company. Is it gurantie?

Thanks for responding. I appreciate it a lot.

Do you not have the right of appeal ?

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Did you provide all the information that they "knocked" you back on ??

I am assuming this was addressed to her.

1) Your family ties in Canada and your country of residense, Family, friends/boyfriend,Thailand, etc

2) Purpose of visit. Tourist visa ?

3) Limited emp' prospects in your country of residence. A letter from her employer stating she has employment upon her return.

5) Your personal assets and financial status: Not sure if they are asking you or her, but "apparently", you would need to show your earnings, ie; you can "sponsor" her in Canada

Added in writing he placed: "Your establishment in home country." home address

Most of these are there to ensure she/he doesn't do a runner and become an illegal immmigrant(So i've read)

I could be well off the mark, so only my opinion.

I provided a 3 ring binder containing well over one years worth of employment statements, a years worth of bank records and letter from my employer. A years worth of phone records and emails and photos (none in the bar either). I provided two signatures that would guarantee everything to be paid for and including her safe return to Thailand. Seriously, the package i put together was perfect and extremely well organized. I know its not how good it looks but the information contained inside is what matters. Well, im no idiot when it comes to organization... I'm extremely well organized and picky about everything so i was sure and positive that i had provided more than enough efficient information.

Yes Pun jai -- It was addressed to her.

Thai Visa Express -- No right of appeal

I can only advise you on UK/EU matters if that was the case we would apply again covering the ECO concerns and hopefully he/she would issue the visa.

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

would a visit to your dept of foreign affairs at home be of any help

just a thought

No Canadian that can assist... wow.

If you hold your horses a bit,Mod Dudebrah might have some relevant tips for you.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

3) Limited emp' prospects in your country of residence. A letter from her employer stating she has employment upon her return.

My girl has a job, but when i return, she will hand in her notice so as to have a 3 week holiday with me, theres no other way as her BigC boss will not let her have the holiday. We will apply for a general tourist visa (to the UK) without a letter of her 'return employment'. I know this is bad for the paperwork.

I sponsor her 7k/month. This is plenty for her to survive on, either in Bangkok or even the village and in theory does not need to work as she is a 'kepted woman'.

Would i be right in assuming sponsoring a girl has benefits in applications to visas and would this have helped the OP (and myself in the future)?

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

Reason to return to her host country is the biggest reason these applications fail.

Thai Visa Express

seeing as i know absolutely nothing about the requirements for having a thai girl get a temp visa to Canada, the first thing that i would do is to speak to a canadian immigration lawyer.

spend a few hundred dollars for a couple of hours of advice from a reputable immigration lawyer in Canada (preferably before applying) to know the who, what where, when and why's.

i have a friend who is extremely honest and capable who is an immigration lawyer in Toronto. If you want his info, pm me.

Not sure about the practical realities of Canadian visas, but it might be like the US - unless a girl is independently wealthy, the only visa she can really get is a marriage visa. If you haven't already done so, I would check around and see if its even realistically possible for a Canadian tourist visa to be issued to a Thai girl. If it hasn't been done successfully before for TGs in similar circumstances, then don't bother.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Thanks to everyone with the replies.

I will decipher through all the information and when i get a worth while update ill post back. Again... thanks.

Sorry, if i came off as a prick in here... just frustraited at the system.

us.. pions. lol

HI Guys - having talked to some Oz Embassy people in a social environment (not official) a few years back about the issues of Thai girls getting visas to various countries, .. . . . the general comment was that they need to show a very solid reason to return to their home country (Thailand) and a solid employment record. This would be a Chanodt Ti Din in her name for some land that was in a substantial regional center or Bangkok, and not just a fresh out the land office document. The income would need to be validated with a couple of years of tax certificates, and bank account records.

This makes it very hard for a girl who has not been out of the bar scene for some time to qualify. Obviously the above are generalizations, and there may be other good reasons for a girl to return like supporting parents, or she is due to start the last 6 months of her Post Doctoral Degree.

My guess is that if she is relying on a "Sponsor" for money, that would put her into the wrong category, she needs to be self sufficient. Sending money to a fiance and looking for a Fiance visa may be a different issue.

Good luck

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

From the looks of the immigration paperwork, she has not satisfied them that she has significant ties to Thailand to entice her to return there after the period of her visa expires. My fiance has had 2 visas in the last year (she's here now in the middle of a 3 month visit), but she had to show proof of employement (she owns her own furniture shop, showed the tax records), proof of ties to the country (rental agreement on her house, registration papers for her car), and proof of sufficient financial status (provided bank records), after showing all this, they didn't even interview her for the second visa, just told her to come back the next day to pick it up. If your girlfriend has nothing similar (Canadian Immigration doesn't look at working in a beer bar or similar as good employment), then they will more than likely deny the visa, as they will suspect her of trying to illegally immigrate. Canadian Immigration are bastards!

And unless you are married, a tourist visa is the only type of visa you can get (besides work or study visas, which are in a different category for most men looking to bring their TG to Canada). Canada doesn't have fiance or marriage visas, like most other countries seem to. You can't even apply for a resident visa until after you are legally married.

Edited by ScottyG

From the looks of the immigration paperwork, she has not satisfied them that she has significant ties to Thailand...

This is the essence of the problem. The are looking for good reasons for her assured return. The letter from her employer stating that her job is waiting for her is important. Sponsorship doesn't count! Very little weight is placed on the letter of invitation. The visa decision is made at the embassy so hiring a Canadian lawyer is a waste of money and as you probably realize by now, they don't like immigration consultants.

For the non-Canadians reading this, we have two types of visa: permanent resident and temporary resident. Temporaries are for visitors. One of the categories for a permanent visa is family re-unification which in other countries might be called a marriage visa.

Edited by Crash

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

Very sad that you have such difficulty obtaining a temporary residence visa for your GF.

I can only suggest that you move on and find another girl that has a good employment,rented home or owned home etc.

The onus is always on the TGF to provide good enough documentation that supports beyond a shadow of doubt she would return to LOS.

:Brain_Fart:Why not marry her in LOS if you care and love her so much?