IGNORED

Pattaya Bay Resort.

Cicero

pattaya bay resort is Ok for price .daily and monthly rates, free internet in lobby,free wifi in rooms, swimming pool on roof.

handy location next to avenue on 2nd road, so small walk to beach,Breakfast is crap not worth having.tea and coffee undrinkable.

Standard Room, bed wardrobe,TV ,balcony.Electric shower.

Guest friendly, collect id at reception, ring room when girl leaves.

Noise problem walls are thin.

would use again if on budget.

used their pick up service no problems after arriving 1 hour late.

internet site

http://www.resort-pattaya.net/

I have stayed there a few times.

Some people complain of noise never had a problem,

Reasonable breakfast if you are into that (in 3 visits i have had 2)

But if you are a butterfly watch out for that book that guests sign.

Other people can see who you signed in and so can your latest guest

I considered staying here during my upcoming trip in April, but their definition of high season is quite frankly silly. :GoldenSmile1:

Peace. :Circle_Sharks:

sgu_banner.gif

There is no partition separating the shower in their deluxe room bathroom from the toilet. This is typical with Thai bathrooms, and it is the reason I won't stay there.

Great hotel which is very monger friendly. Cute and friendly reception staff. Nice, if small, pool and good restaurant. They'll also let your overnight guest have the free breakfast. Free wi-fi and internet. Rooms are simple but clean with good bathrooms. Lovely functional shower curtains.

Good value low season. Less so, in high season but I still stay there. Some complain about noise but it's never been an issue for me.

There is no partition separating the shower in their deluxe room bathroom from the toilet. This is typical with Thai bathrooms, and it is the reason I won't stay there.

Boy am I lucky that I changed from this hotel to the Pasadena Lodge. I also do not like the thai style bathrooms! For the price that they charge I would have expected a western style bathroom. Given this I am surprised by the amount of praise this hotel gets.

Just my opinions, of course.

Great hotel which is very monger friendly. Cute and friendly reception staff. Nice, if small, pool and good restaurant. They'll also let your overnight guest have the free breakfast. Free wi-fi and internet. Rooms are simple but clean with good bathrooms. Lovely functional shower curtains.

Good value low season. Less so, in high season but I still stay there. Some complain about noise but it's never been an issue for me.

Dont mean to take the piss, but that quote is classic.......hate to come across an ugly dysfunctional one.......lol :001_Thank_You5:

Edited by barmatt

Short Review of the place from me.

Four of us booked Three weeks. All of us stayed one night.

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Short Review of the place from me.

Four of us booked Three weeks. All of us stayed one night.

which hotel did you go to and was it any better?

Boy am I lucky that I changed from this hotel to the Pasadena Lodge. I also do not like the thai style bathrooms! For the price that they charge I would have expected a western style bathroom. Given this I am surprised by the amount of praise this hotel gets.

Just my opinions, of course.

You read my mind. I looked at PBR and Pasadena Lodge on the same day last time I was in Pattaya in anticipation of my next trip. IMHO, given the bathroom layout, PL is better. However, PL does not accept credit cards and there is no pool. At any rate, I will probably stay at Sandy Springs on Soi 13 again.

I have stayed there last year two times and it was ok for 1000 BHT in low season.

Location is good and as already said it's easy to reach through "The Avenue" Shopping Mall at 2nd Road.

The staff is very friendly and professional. Last time I went a few days to Bangkok and there was no problem at all to get money for the nights back ( I had paid the bill on arrival). For troubles with the lift, the hotel payed some compensation of a few hundred baht to all guests and offered free drinks.

In high season I prefer other places, it's too expensive then but in low season I would stay there again.

Edited by Greenie

• 3 weeks later...

Looking to book a room there but was wondering if the new elevator being built is done or near "completion"? (All relative in LOS I guess) :Think1:

Noisy mornings I can do without when on vacation. Any recent guests have fresh info on this matter?

I stayed there last weekend and was told the new lift would be working the following week. But TIT.

As for the beds, it must be down to individual preference, but I find them extremely comfortable and not too hard at all.

That's good news, hopefully. Regarding the beds, maybe you stayed in different types of room?

Thanks

Last year, I spent 3 weeks there. It was very good. The food up top by the pool is Great. The staff was always friendly and helpful. They had 2 computers to use in the lobby for free.

That's good news, hopefully. Regarding the beds, maybe you stayed in different types of room?

Thanks

I've stayed there more than 30 times since it opened (I live in BKK and visit Pattaya regularly) and have always stayed in a Standard Room. Never had an uncomfortable night. The only thing I don't like is the 11.00 am checkout but I normally manage to get it extended FOC.

Agree that the staff are fantastic, the food great and the free internet (in Reception and wi-fi in rooms) a good deal. And Auw on reception is VERY pretty and has recently been encouragingly flirty...

Edited by brewster

I've stayed there more than 30 times since it opened (I live in BKK and visit Pattaya regularly) and have always stayed in a Standard Room. Never had an uncomfortable night. The only thing I don't like is the 11.00 am checkout but I normally manage to get it extended FOC.

Agree that the staff are fantastic, the food great and the free internet (in Reception and wi-fi in rooms) a good deal. And Auw on reception is VERY pretty and has recently been encouragingly flirty...

there is a better hotel in low season? about Value for money

Looking to book a room there but was wondering if the new elevator being built is done or near "completion"? (All relative in LOS I guess) :Number1a:

Noisy mornings I can do without when on vacation. Any recent guests have fresh info on this matter?

Latest email from them stated that the work is complete and they are awaiting safety certification - they reckon a week until it's in operation. As they say though...TIT !

I went ahead and booked last week and they said it would be done by this week so I guess they stayed true to their word. Hopefully my other requests will be met when I arrive in august. 5th floor, facing the beach and not directly beneath the pool area, great tip I got from reading this forum. :Number1a:

I went ahead and booked last week and they said it would be done by this week so I guess they stayed true to their word. Hopefully my other requests will be met when I arrive in august. 5th floor, facing the beach and not directly beneath the pool area, great tip I got from reading this forum. :Number1a:

You might be "facing the beach" but you won't see much of it from any room at the PBR!!

Yes, I'm aware of this. I like the evening sun though, that's why.

And not to forget the nice breeze from the sea.

That and the evening sun is the reason i always ask for a front facing room.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image