IGNORED

House for Sale

xooldude

3 bedrooms 2 bath single house with plenty of space on 80 sqw on 3rd road. newly renovated in a quiet area. please call Mike at 086 533 6789.

house1_resize.JPG

How much you looking for? Why are you selling it if you dont mind me asking...

you can buy it but you cant own it only 49%

Sorry that is wrong. You can only buy into a condo development that is at least 51% Thai owned. This property consists of land and a farang can not directly own any of it. It needs to be owned under a company (which I think the Thais have now made more difficult to do) or by a trusted Thai.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Sorry that is wrong. You can only buy into a condo development that is at least 51% Thai owned. This property consists of land and a farang can not directly own any of it. It needs to be owned under a company (which I think the Thais have now made more difficult to do) or by a trusted Thai.

ahh more bad news for farang investors

and thanks for the correction scumbag

They have made setting up a new thai company more difficult, but if you buy an exisiting company then you will have no problems as long as you have a competent lawer. My lawer was!! the guy that sold me the house didn't have a competent lawer now he has to pay me 255,000baht :Evil_Grin2:

• 2 months later...

why do do block foreign investors from buying a house

I mean why do they block foreign investors from buying thai property

whatarush......almost all countries in the world block foreigners from buying land in their countries. Just a few allow this. The reasons should be clear, If thailand allowed the foreigners to buy land withouth restrictions, they would buy most of valuable land in thailand by individuals and even foreign governments.

I do think that it would be a good idea to make a new system allowing foreigners to buy in cirtain circumstances and in certain areas under certain limitations/conditions. This would help the thai economy ass a whole and make the country a frienlier place for expats.

I agree, thanks

• 4 weeks later...

you can buy it but you cant own it only 49%

So if a house is 5 000 000bth and i buy it together with a girlfriend...even when 'worse scenario case" i will always have 2 500 000 back.!!

Is it like that!

And another question i know importing something into thailand is stupid expensive...but i can buy a small 'car-scooter' second hand from aixam brand.

http://www.marcellis.nl/assets/images/AIXAM_Scouty-R.jpg

it's only 1000 euro and it's not realy a car, you do not even need a license to drive in europe. how would the thais tax it....to much off course.

• 2 weeks later...

It may sound tricky to own a house/condo but 1000;s of Farang own houses/condo's Businesses without problems as long as all the checks are made, you will hear about a lot of problems but many are fictitious.

Yes you will have 49% of the company and a mix of maybe 4 5 or 6 Thai nationals have 51% between them but its all signed over to you, I have never heard of a Farang having problems re this set up apart from the ones who put the 51% in the girls name or the daft ones who put all in her name to save a few quid on tax.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg