Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Royal visits

machoman

I was just wondering if Queen Elizabeth II (or failing that, any other major Royal dignities) have ever visited Thailand for a State visit, with all the pomp and splendour which is attached to such visits? I know the Queen has visited various Commonwealth countries, but I can't recall any such visit to LOS?

Here is a report from the 1996 visit: Link

I wonder if she came down to Pattaya...:10:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link, Scumbag, interesting read.

I think I recall a major international conference with heads of state in Pattaya 15 or so months ago (when there was all that trouble at the airport)!?

• 1 year later...

In 1996 the Thais put on a great show for QE2. I remember that there were banners over the express way from the old airport all the way into Bangkok.

At one point I was driving a car through Ayuthaya unaware that the Queen was there that night. We were stopped at a road block. They started searching my car and asking questions. When they asked where I was from and I said England they instantly saluted me, told me how honoured they were that the Queen was there and waved me on.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the link, Scumbag, interesting read.

I think I recall a major international conference with heads of state in Pattaya 15 or so months ago (when there was all that trouble at the airport)!?

2009 ASEAN conference. Originally planned for Bangkok, moved to Phuket due to the Red Shirt unrest and blockade of airport then at last minute changed to Pattaya for some unknown and rather silly reason. Not unsuprisingly the Bangkok Red Shirts jumped on a bus and had a little fun.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......