Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Clothing

stevie08

Hi guys what clothing sizes do they use in Thailand? is it " or CM.

cm or s/m/l/xl/xxl/xxxl well for shorts t shirt anyway...

in sayin that you may find u need a size bigger...if letter labelled

Yeah.

The thai sizes are about a size bigger.

I guess a 'medium' thai person is a smaller than a 'medium' falang.

And even an XXL thai person isn't that big.

For the really big falangs the only clothes big enough will be in falang oriented shops.

they run at least one size small and generally give out about 2 sizes smaller than I can wear!! :Cross_Fingers: But at least the street vendors leave me alone!

Who goes to Pattaya to shop? lol

It's true, at least 1 size smaller than falang.

First time I've ever been a L, and I'm only little, honest.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

cheers guy im not going to shop but im traveling light so ill need to get some disposable clothing at somepoint lol

You will find all of the sizing standards - depending on the original target country.

BE AWARE that they usually only cary quite small sizes in most shops.

If your lucky you will find a 36" which is about US 34"

There are a very few places that carry larger western sizes but your going to pay more.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe me the size shown on many garments, especially those from the markets and other stalls does not bear any resemblance to actual size. Use this as a guide only and for god's sake try on each item - especially shirts and T-shirts.

cheers guy im not going to shop but im traveling light so ill need to get some disposable clothing at somepoint lol

Hey it's not cheap enough to be disposable unless you can be arsed to go out to the markets.

I can get T shirts in the UK for 2 to 3 quid a piece you wont get cheaper than that in Patts I dont think. Haven't seen any for 100 bht anywhere in town for years

Edited by wireless_guy

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0