Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tourist Visa to UK

ClubInk

Background:

I've been speaking to my TGF for 6 months online - I travelled to BKK in December and stayed with her for around 4 weeks.

I am now back in UK and would like to arrange a tourist visa for her to come and visit for 2 weeks in the middle part of this year.

She works for a large pharmacutical company in BKK. She is 23 and has obtained a student visa to study in the USA last year which she did for 6 months. She can get a letter from her employers stating how long she has worked for the company for.

Can anyone help me and tell me what I need to provide? What forms need to be filled in and expected cost of a tourist visa? I think for now a single entry visa would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance.

The Eco will be looking for you to demonstrate the following :

To come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor, you must be able to show that:

• you are 18 or over;
  • you only want to visit the United Kingdom for up to six months, or up to 12 months if you are accompanying an academic visitor;
  • you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of your visit;
  • you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
  • you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
  • you are not in transit to a country outside the common travel area.

If you require professional help feel free to contact me via my website and we will be happy to give you a quote for my services. We have offices in the UK/Thailand and are regulated by the OISC in the UK.

Edited by Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

If she has a job it should be easy, as long as her employer writes a letter saying her job is being held open for her. Make sure you have as much "evidence" of your relationship as possible - photos, emails, phone records, cards etc.

There's no such thing as a single entry visa. If she's successful she'll get a 6 month visa. However, you say she only wants to come for 2 weeks and this will count in her favour in the application. Your sponsor's letter is important too.

Check out the Thai Visa forums. It's an easy process and there is no need to use agents.

Edited by brewster

The applicant will be issued with a 6 month multi entry visa, not forgetting if she spends the full 6 months in the UK she will then have to spend a further six months in her host country before applying again for a visit visa.

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

In my experience no application is ever straight forward .

Thai Visa Express

Cost is about 4000 baht.

They may want from you copies of the following.

Passport. ( handy to put in pages with thai visa stamp on )

letter of your employment plus salary.

Address (if you are a home owner and pay utility bills by direct debit a copy of your bank statement might be requested)

A letter from you stating where she is going to stay.

Copy of airline booking ticket (she can prebook for either no cost or very little)

All you need is access to a scanner to PDF all this to her E Mail account

All the info is available free if she makes an appointment at the embassy as they will tell her what is required. Just be careful of an office in the building which is run by freelance rip off guys who try to drag unsuspecting thai girls into beleiving they are employed by the Embassy and then charge over the odds for putting an application in.

If you are still not sure on how to go about all of this, allthough I do not know the Thai Visa Express member he always seems to give good unbiased advice.

Big C

Either do the application yourself or use a consultant who has demonstrated proven ability with entry clearance matters and is a registered migration agent. Beware of anyone making false claims and registration numbers which do not exist ,all good advisers will have a fee scale,complaints procedure, indemnity insurance etc , there are only two registered OISC advisers in Asia we are one of those.

Look for the OISC logo this proves you have met the necessary standards to give entry clearance advice,

Thai Visa Express

The applicant will be issued with a 6 month multi entry visa, not forgetting if she spends the full 6 months in the UK she will then have to spend a further six months in her host country before applying again for a visit visa.

So is it the case that if a Thai was granted a UK tourist Visa, but only spent just over 5 weeks of the Visa's 6 month validity period in the UK, she would not have to wait a further 6 months after the 1st Visa had expired before being granted another one?

She may travel in/out as its multi entry visa.

Thai Visa Express

She may travel in/out as its multi entry visa.

She had a Tourist Visa that expired on Jan 16. During the 6 months the Visa was valid she only spent just over 5 weeks in The UK. Does she still now have to wait a further 6 months before she can apply for another Tourist Visa? Thanks.

2.1.9 Frequency and Duration of Visits

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the United Kingdom nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in the absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient ground for refusal.

It is reasonable, however, for the immigration officer to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in this country (but see guidance relating to visitors for private medical treatment).

Regards Paul.

Thai Visa Express