Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

60/90 day visa

riki

Hi Folks

I came to Thailand (3Dec) with a visa for 60days (depart 31 Jan)...I know wish to extend for another 30days which I have always intended to do, however I'm now hearing that this is not guaranteed to be granted to me and that its all down to the way they feel at the time down in Jomtiem!

Bit of a worry for me because I need to alter my return flight and pay the airline £75.00.

I spoke to the airline this morning and they said the first available flight out of

BKK for me was March 2nd (giving me a total of 90 days). However this flight may fill soon so I need to know for sure that I can have an additional 30 days!

So I'm off Jomtiem in the morning with 1,900.00 baht and two photos and my passport.

Anyone got any pointer's on this as to if I'm going to apply for the 30days to soon?, Only I heard it was best left until the last week of the existing visa!...No good to me though as I need to sort the flight and by then the March 2nd could be full and I'm in the shite maybe!

Thanks for any help Riki...

i am going to have the same problems , i have always done 3 months in thailand also with a 1 entry tourist visa ,

as i understand it now you only have a couple of options open to you the first is to try for the visa extension in jomtain and pray that they will give it to you ,

the second is to leave the country and FLY back in giving you an automatic 30 days ,

the third is to do a LAND visa run leaving the country and coming back by land in which case you only get a 15 day visa ,

i am not sure how many land visa runs with 15 days you can do

other than this you have to have a multiple entry tourist visa then the land entrys are also valid for 60 days but its to late for that ,let me know how you get on

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

It's madness isn't it!. Make what you believe and are advised(consulate in Birmingham) are the right preparations for your trip and it appears it all comes down to the kind of day the immigration officer is having on the day. Crazy

Will let you know if he or she is having a good or bad day tomorrow.

i don't think you have any thing to worry about, just fill out the application with your photo and pay your 1900 Baht and wait in the line along with everyone else doing the same thing. I have never heard of one being rejected in Jomtien but in theory it is the decision of the immigration

All went well at immigration, got my 30days. Was very straightforward, however when i phoned the airline to change to march 2nd the flight was full and now i'm booked in for march 4th so gona have to pay 2 days overstay.

Still got a little longer in the sun so happy bunny.

Riki

thxs for the update , but something just struck me ,whenever i have gone for a 30day extension they have always stamped it on and from that day , not from a date in the future , you might want to just double check your passport and the start date of the visa , better safe than sorry

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Hi Gareth

It's fine, they stamped it with the extra 30days starting at the end of the existing 60day visa so all well.

With hind site it would be wise to get the 30days as soon as possible after initial arrival, that way you know where you stand with regards your return flight etc.

In fact next time i will book rtn flight 90 days from the dep flight and show that at immigration with the other doc's, Save myself £75.00 flight amendment that way and may also help with the giving of the 30 days.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...

May be some of the guys wanting an extra 30 days extension on their visa`s could have a whip round and invite the Immigration Officer to the delights of Pattaya for a weekend.I guess then no guys would get stressed on the mood of the Immigration Officer in obtaining a visa extension in the future.

The ideal situation would be the Immigration officer bringing his visa stamps etc to a BJ bar,could have dick sucked,have a drink and all the guys needing an extesion just turn up at the located bar the Immigration Officer is at. :22600584-Th:

• 1 month later...

Hi riki

Do you have an address for the immigration office in Jomtiem ?. I need an extension too.

Thx.

Mr Patman

All went well at immigration, got my 30days. Was very straightforward, however when i phoned the airline to change to march 2nd the flight was full and now i'm booked in for march 4th so gona have to pay 2 days overstay.

Still got a little longer in the sun so happy bunny.

Riki

soi5 jomtien beech road easy to find just ask any farang

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Thx for your reply. I should be able to find soi 5 :-)

soi5 jomtien beech road easy to find just ask any farang