IGNORED

Siam Banks copying your Credit Card

Lok Jit

As an X Pat here I have used the Big Branch of Siam Bank on the beach of Jomtien to take my Retired Pay from my bank in the USA..Have been doing this 4 Yrs..Lately it fell under new Management and most of the staff I knew are now gone..

I walk in the Bank..They swipe my card and give me my funds..The New Manager now copys my Passport--My signature--My American Credit Card then makes me sign this document before he will process the Money I requested..

I feel this is unethical and Illegal to do...They have a copy of everything needed to drain my bank account in the USA...Even Immigration was told to stop doing this...Does anyone know the Legal aspects of this new policy?

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

it certainly seems unethical maybe they have been stung somewhere along the line,

hence the change in staff.

banks make up laws as they go anyway or maybe the new manager is trying to be some sort of hero,can you try another branch to see if its a new company rule

When did the management change? I have been banking there for 4+ years. Is the skinny guy gone? The only problem I have had is them canceling my ATM card when I entered the wrong pin number. They called me on the phone and I had to go into the bank to get a new card. Good protection, but it was a hassle when you run out of money on a Friday night and have to wait till Monday to get a new card.

Chalee

A wise man once told me to ignore anything that comes out of a woman's mouth, unless it needs wiping and putting back in your pants.
You might see me tonight with an illegal smile, it doesn't cost very much and it last a long while ............ John Prine

You can't fix stupid

I'm a man of many things, but Character is not one of my attributes.

Happiness - Everyone brings some,  some by coming, others by going.

No use wanting what you can't get

Quit Hollering at me, I  heard you the first time you don't have to tell the neighbors, a little silence ain't no sin , they already know my name is where the hell have you been,

Project Whores

I dont find it anything wrong? They just want to make sure you are the right person to hold the ATM card or the bank book. Maybe there was a big scam going on in there... They just wanna to make sure you are safe from the scam.

If you don't trust them change banks to one with less intrusive security measures.

Bangkok Bank makes a copy of my Passport and gets me to sign it when withdrawing money from the company for's bank account, I think it is more a case of having supporting documentation for the withdrawal on the Bank's side of things especially with larger sums of money. On my personal Bangkok Bank account I have never had them take a copy only request to see my Passport to varify ID.

When did the management change? I have been banking there for 4+ years. Is the skinny guy gone? The only problem I have had is them canceling my ATM card when I entered the wrong pin number. They called me on the phone and I had to go into the bank to get a new card. Good protection, but it was a hassle when you run out of money on a Friday night and have to wait till Monday to get a new card.

Chalee

That’s why you have got a bank book and a passport, so you can withdraw money from your account without having an ATM card. SCB brachens in all major shopping centers are open on weekends.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Bangkok Bank makes a copy of my Passport and gets me to sign it when withdrawing money from the company for's bank account, I think it is more a case of having supporting documentation for the withdrawal on the Bank's side of things especially with larger sums of money. On my personal Bangkok Bank account I have never had them take a copy only request to see my Passport to varify ID.

I have no problem copying my Passport or any other documents..I have a big Problem in coping my DEBIT Card from the USA I use to withdraw My funds out to live here..This gives all numbers and expiration date as well as your signature for a person to completely drain your account...They could even sell this info..They have everything required to drain totally your account..I was Not allowed to scratch out the numbers or I could not get my Baht I need to live here...Yes I could use ATMs..The ceiling is 25,000 Baht per day and the Fees are super expensive compared to taking a lump sum at once..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf