IGNORED

Help a newbie out on his 1st trip to Phuket

THguypattaya

Hi guys I have been to Pattaya 6 times and BKK once..but I am thinking about trying out Phuket , I was wondering if you guys can help me out on some questions here

Bike rental: I always rent scooter in Pattaya, it's about 200 per day for a 130 cc scooter but min a week rental, what's a good bike rental place around Patong Beach area? And gas stations? where is a close one? I almost ran out of gas the first time I was in Pattaya looking for gas station.

Max days to stay in Phuket until I get bored? They recommend about 6 days in Angeles city, how about Phuket? is there are lot to do? I might spend up to a month in Phuket.

I enjoy agogos, I like sexy nude girls dancing on stage, I especially like agogo shows like Angelwitch, misty's, happy, polo...not just lesbian or shower show but quality show like Angelwitch....which agogos in Phuket got shows like that?

A hospital that's decent and wont' rip a tourist off near Patong beach?

Grocery shopping...anything like carrefour or similar in Patong beach? need to store up food in the fridge before I go out and party!

How are they on sex tourists over there ? like in pattaya or not as friendly? They all speak english like pattaya? Girls in pattaya more hands on aggressive, Phuket girls more reserved?

need to tip like western countries? or it's up to me?

Attractions to see and do

Hotel:hotels in Phuket a little more expensive than Pattaya? need a girl friendly hotel, price and quality similar to Pattaya's residence garden, pattaya bay resort, maxx central, or sandy springs (hotel needs wifi , safety box in the room, decent wall soundproof so it's not so easy to hear stuff from the other rooms or hallway, residence garden's sound proof is really good, also 24 hours security like front desk and door man, survillance cameras for safety)

Best way to get to Patong beach from the airport? taxi? bus? anything similar to bell bus?

thanks a lot guys..looking forward to go to Phuket

Edited by ironfist

for go,gos Phuket sucks where will you be staying,or how much do u want to spend etc,lots of beaches there etc,depends up to u,not really a good day scene for p4p but i know some good places to go ,i used to work inphuketfor a while,its like anything depends waht uwant to do,angles city is good fun

pm me if u want any info etc i will be happy to help you out etc.

Hi Iron,

You have got lots of questions, so I’ll try to answer them step by step.

Bike and gas

Can rent bikes on all Phuket beaches, mainly on the beach roads. In Patong you have aloe plenty of bike rentals and small gas stations along “song-roi-pee-raod”, which is the main road in the city center. Rates are usually BTH 200.- per day, if you rent it for a longer period you might negotiate a discount.

Length of stay

I lived there for more than 10 years and never got bored.

You’ve got 11 sandy beaches, 100s of beautiful islands (eg. Phi-Phi—island, Raya Yai, etc.), Pang Nga Bay (James Bond Island), shows, top class scuba diving in the Andaman sea, excellent nightlife (on a smaller scale than Pattaya), temples, discover Phuket town, and if you wish you can take the ferry from Chalong Bay to Krabi and stay there for 1 or 2 days.

Best would be to book just the flight to Phuket and the hotel maybe for 1 week. This leaves you the option to fly out any time or maybe make a trip to Phi Phi, Karbi or fly over to Koh Samui or KL for a few days.

Shopping

You have got Carrefour in Patong, Tesco, Big C, Robinson, Makro, and others in Phuket town.

hotels

Cost a bit more than Pattaya, but guest houses, 2 – 3 * hotels are all girl friendly. On of them is the Sea-Sun-Sand hotel, 2 – 3*, which is not too far from Bangla Road and very close to the street with plenty of massages (all kinds of extras are on offer).

but there are many other good places to stay in Patong.

Nightlife

I have never heard about any kind sex tourism in LOS, hehe. Actually it’s the same than in Patts, just on a smaller scale.

No nude shows in gogos (simply forget Patong’s gogos), but plenty of Beer bars in Bangla Rroad. Girls are the same than in Patts and available at the same rates. Some good discos with freelancers and BG’s after working hours in Patong.

A good place for warm-up before hitting the discos is the Tiger Entertainment Complex on Bangla Raod. Beer bars on the ground level and the Tiger disco on the first floor, which is fully stocked with FL’s from 12.30 am onwards. And don’t forget to visit Tai Pan disco across the raod.

Airport transfer

Don’t take the airport limousine or other kinds taxis, minibus, etc. at the airport, it’s a total rip-off.

The best option is to take a meter taxi from the airport to Patong. You find their counter about 50 meters on the right hand side when leaving the airport hall.

On the way back to the airport you can either book a minibus in you hotel or you call the same meter taxi who got you to Patong.

So ask the taxi drive for his phone number while going to Patong.

Language

Girlie wise it’s the same then in Patts; fresh deliveries speak next to no English, pro’s do.

Phuket people are very proud, so many of them don’t give a sh** to learn English, especially in the more remote areas of the island.

But I’m sure you will find your way to communicate with them. Just in case, you could learn some Daai (southern Thai dialect), then they will treat you like a king, hehe.

Hope that helps, enjoy.

• Like 2

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I always take a side trip to Phuket to really chill out. I used to go for a couple of weeks, then six nights the next trip, then three nights and that is more than enough for me now.

Maybe you can just get a flight there and stay as long as you want, go back to Patts or Koh Samui or somewhere else if you get bored.

I stay at the K-hotel or C&NHotel - great location and priced around 1000-1250 from memory.

Get a taxi from the airport not from the touts - past them on the right - the price is agreed upfront - I think it's 500bht.

hi iron

i havent been to patts yet but i have spent a fair bit of time in Phuket (Patong beach) so ill give you what i know

bike rental- i normally hire them from my hotel and the price is normally the same 200 baht gas station isnt hard to find just near enterance to Patong or you will see smaller had pump stations aroud on your travels

hotel - i have stayed at the expat hotel http://www.expathotel.com/index.htm its girl freindly standard room 890 baht off season 1,990 peak season has a pool,restaurant,good open air bar 50 baht happy hour beers,massage parlour (happy ending) and a laundry that also rents the mopeds.the only thing is you dont get breckfast with the room rate it also has concrete walls in my experience minimal noise from other rooms,24 hour security

airport transfer- like i said i stay at the expat they have airport pick up not sure what the price not but its not expensive

attractions - phi phi island,james bond island,big buddah,all the other normal stuff gun range,gocarts,ATV,jetski,parasailing,

tipping - dont need to tip but in my experience a couple of bucks is nothing to me but alot to them and they tend to remember you and take good care of you next time if you make a small tip

max stay - i tend to stay between 10-14 nights and have a great time you wont have any dramas staying for a month

gogos - im not to sure on the comparison to patts haveing not been but i tend to hang out down the beer bars of sois lion,tiger,seadragon,eric

hospital - been lucky havent had to go touch wood but im pretty sure there is a tourist hospital there

grocerys - again im not sure the onlything that i buy is a couple of boxes of water that i pick up from any seven 11 late at night they bring out the BBQs and cook up a storm of beef chicken skewers really tastey

sex tourists - thats the big reason i go and i have never had a problem there i have found 95% of them to be freindly only had one that didnt speak english but could understand it

tips- make sure you go to the blue lotus bar its on bangla road directly accross from soi crocadile (ladyboys) there are no bar girls in there but its an awsom bar to just sit back watch the world go buy and drink some beers without being harrased i normally go there for a few hours in the early evening get primed up then head out bar crawling unitil i find the right girl

happy holidaying hope you enjoy Phuket im sure you will

i should have thrown thess in aswell

http://www.phuketbars.info/index.php

http://www.phuket.com/

they should be a good help

Hi Iron,You have got lots of questions, so I’ll try to answer them step by step.Bike and gasCan rent bikes on all Phuket beaches, mainly on the beach roads. In Patong you have aloe plenty of bike rentals and small gas stations along “song-roi-pee-raod”, which is the main road in the city center. Rates are usually BTH 200.- per day, if you rent it for a longer period you might negotiate a discount. Length of stayI lived there for more than 10 years and never got bored. You’ve got 11 sandy beaches, 100s of beautiful islands (eg. Phi-Phi—island, Raya Yai, etc.), Pang Nga Bay (James Bond Island), shows, top class scuba diving in the Andaman sea, excellent nightlife (on a smaller scale than Pattaya), temples, discover Phuket town, and if you wish you can take the ferry from Chalong Bay to Krabi and stay there for 1 or 2 days.Best would be to book just the flight to Phuket and the hotel maybe for 1 week. This leaves you the option to fly out any time or maybe make a trip to Phi Phi, Karbi or fly over to Koh Samui or KL for a few days.ShoppingYou have got Carrefour in Patong, Tesco, Big C, Robinson, Makro, and others in Phuket town.HotelsCost a bit more than Pattaya, but guest houses, 2 – 3 * hotels are all girl friendly. On of them is the Sea-Sun-Sand hotel, 2 – 3*, which is not too far from Bangla Road and very close to the street with plenty of massages (all kinds of extras are on offer).but there are many other good places to stay in Patong. NightlifeI have never heard about any kind sex tourism in LOS, hehe. Actually it’s the same than in Patts, just on a smaller scale.No nude shows in gogos (simply forget Patong’s gogos), but plenty of Beer bars in Bangla Rroad. Girls are the same than in Patts and available at the same rates. Some good discos with freelancers and BG’s after working hours in Patong.A good place for warm-up before hitting the discos is the Tiger Entertainment Complex on Bangla Raod. Beer bars on the ground level and the Tiger disco on the first floor, which is fully stocked with FL’s from 12.30 am onwards. And don’t forget to visit Tai Pan disco across the raod. Airport transfer Don’t take the airport limousine or other kinds taxis, minibus, etc. at the airport, it’s a total rip-off. The best option is to take a meter taxi from the airport to Patong. You find their counter about 50 meters on the right hand side when leaving the airport hall.On the way back to the airport you can either book a minibus in you hotel or you call the same meter taxi who got you to Patong.So ask the taxi drive for his phone number while going to Patong.LanguageGirlie wise it’s the same then in Patts; fresh deliveries speak next to no English, pro’s do.Phuket people are very proud, so many of them don’t give a sh** to learn English, especially in the more remote areas of the island.But I’m sure you will find your way to communicate with them. Just in case, you could learn some Daai (southern Thai dialect), then they will treat you like a king, hehe. Hope that helps, enjoy.

I won't add much the above pretty well covers it, but a lot of people get confused between Phuket Town and Phuket Island.

Phuket Town is on Phuket Island, but the place you want is Patong Beach on Phuket Island. About 10 kilometrs from Phuket Town.

Hospitals There are a couple of hospitals in Phuket town. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE.

A couple of years ago I broke some ribs and got carted off to Bangkok Hospital, Phuket.

It is like a 5 star hotel. You have to show you can pay the bill or produce Travel Insurance before they will admit you.

I produced the insurance document, got 5 star treatment and the hospital charged me nothing. All I did was sign the claim form.

I would say all your questions have now been answered.

hey guys thanks a lot... blue lotus bar I will make sure to try it..I love just relaxing and watch people walk by etc....thanks

GoGo's Patong. Far for what you seen in Patts, but give Suzy Wong a shot. Also try out Hollywood disco. A lot of freelancers are going there and they tends to be a bit younger than in Tiger disco (or maybe I was drunk at that time).

• 2 weeks later...

Quality of FLs same same Tiger and Hollywood. Tai Pan opposite Bangla tends to attract older FLs/BGs but can also find quite a few cuties in there. Baya Beach next door has a supposedly higher quality of FL but many seem to have an attitude that i can't be bothered with.

• 1 month later...

Too answer short: it's not much different as in Pattaya only more concentrated.

There are some pro's and cons but this is also in Pattaya: it's just what you find more important!

Personally i find Phuket a more upscale place as pattaya; with more "normal" tourists who like to party and occasionally catch a sleepmate for a night as Pattaya is totally sextourist orientated. But that's just my humble opinion!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!