IGNORED

seafood in pattaya

morton173

just wondering were is the best place to eat seafood in pattaya not concerned about the price just looking for good quality prawns and chilli crab

just wondering were is the best place to eat seafood in pattaya not concerned about the price just looking for good quality prawns and chilli crab

I don't know the best place but I can recommend Mum Aroy they have two branches.

The easiest one to get to is in central Pattaya. Turn West at the traffic lights on Third road between central & North Pattaya roads, there is only a Thai script sign but you can see the entrance here http://www.mapjack.com/?VHzRU6vukcREKDuB

The other branch is at the far end of Naklua road and has a nice view out to sea. I like to go at about 5pm in time for the sunset. Be careful not to sit close to the band.

It usually works out at around B800 a head if you don't order too many crustaceans.

If mobilty is not a problem, then i recommend you travel about 20minutes south to a village called Bang saree, it has changed drastically over the years when I 1st went there in 1997 there were a few houses along the restaurants that are built over the water, now there are condo's galore. But still very beautifull.

Watch out going on sundays, lot of thai's from bangkok swell up the place, best go on a week day.

Most of the fish sold in pattaya comes from the fishermen landing their fish here.

Another alterbative if you have transport is at the very end of Jomtien beach, there a few real nice seafood places.

I generally dont like the Walking Street joints as they invariably fuck up the food.

The best place i found around Walking Street is just along from the Blues factory on the way to coyotees go go. that large sitting area does good sea food... Get the thai fish curry with coconut but ask for the fish to be de-boned and fillted... Yum yum

I don't know the best place but I can recommend Mum Aroy they have two branches.

The easiest one to get to is in central Pattaya. Turn West at the traffic lights on Third road between central & North Pattaya roads, there is only a Thai script sign but you can see the entrance here http://www.mapjack.com/?VHzRU6vukcREKDuB

The other branch is at the far end of Naklua road and has a nice view out to sea. I like to go at about 5pm in time for the sunset. Be careful not to sit close to the band.

It usually works out at around B800 a head if you don't order too many crustaceans.

The majority of us will not go to pay 800 Baht every time we have a meal, so

what are the restaurants you recommend for every day meals which are value for money and good quality sea food?

there is a very good restuarant at the end of jomtien beach road, cant remember the name but it has a big red loveheart in the trees surrounding the restaurant and huge fishtanks as you walk in. outside and aircon seating. great food. choose your own fish or prawns from the tanks then you know it is fresh! also as a previous post said go out to Bang Saray. get a baht bus, rent a taxi, or just steal a car! but get there! best seafood around by far and a much quieter area than pattaya. if you really cant travel out then Leng Kee on pattaya klang (just up from tops supermarket) is very good especially the crab or prawn egg curry! Enjoy!

yhanks mate ill give them a go

there is a very good restuarant at the end of jomtien beach road, cant remember the name but it has a big red loveheart in the trees surrounding the restaurant and huge fishtanks as you walk in. outside and aircon seating. great food. choose your own fish or prawns from the tanks then you know it is fresh! also as a previous post said go out to Bang Saray. get a baht bus, rent a taxi, or just steal a car! but get there! best seafood around by far and a much quieter area than pattaya. if you really cant travel out then Leng Kee on pattaya klang (just up from tops supermarket) is very good especially the crab or prawn egg curry! Enjoy!

Is this the one you are talking about in the far end of Jomtien? Farang singer walking around, i think his name is Kevin

http://www.suttangrak.com/

Edited by mike_asia

Great little seafood restaurant in Naklua, going from the roundabout heading out of town it's on the left around Soi 18 or 19 ish... Not sure which it is exactly. It's down the soi at the end by the beach. More of a Thai style restaurant than the commercial ones of downtown Patts, but it is LOVELY, very cheap and exceptional quality.

I would love to know that as well as I really really love seafood .................

I always seem to do a last pig out of seafood before return home as it bullshit prices here........crayfish $77 a kilo prawns $39 a kilo fresh uncooked

most fish from $9-$75 kilo oysters are $18 -$28 for the big one ...the big one you lucky if you can eat 4 of them ..........

pic's of the choice I had in Cebu...........

PIC_0100.jpgPIC_0093.jpgPIC_0094.jpgPIC_0095.jpg

PIC_0096.jpgPIC_0097.jpgPIC_0098.jpgPIC_0099.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the one you are talking about in the far end of Jomtien? Farang singer walking around, i think his name is Kevin

http://www.suttangrak.com/

Yep that is the one mike. The farang singer is an american who sings and plays guitar. He is a really fun guy if you buy him a beer and have a chat. he can sing just about any request you come up with and can also sing thai songs for the girls, which they love and always gets you a few housepoints! thanks for the link mike,check out the website guys the food really does taste as good as it looks!

• 2 months later...

When i went in Jan , my ' companion' took me to a great seafood place , i forgot the name of the place but it did excellent seafood a bit cheaper than Walking St , it was around the 'Soi Arab' area , i think it was seafood or fish market restuarant ( honestly it escapes me) anyway Blues factory is quite close so it should serve as a landmark.

Hope this helps.

trini210.

If mobilty is not a problem, then i recommend you travel about 20minutes south to a village called Bang saree, it has changed drastically over the years when I 1st went there in 1997 there were a few houses along the restaurants that are built over the water, now there are condo's galore. But still very beautifull.

Watch out going on sundays, lot of thai's from bangkok swell up the place, best go on a week day.

Most of the fish sold in pattaya comes from the fishermen landing their fish here.

As said above, the best seafood place in Thailand is in this area. Preecha Seafood. Not very many farangs, but loaded with middle to upper class Thai Chinese families- those who know quality at a fair price. No atmosphere, except for view of the water, but excellant seafood.

To get there, go South along Sukhumvit to the first traffic light past the Ambassador hotel. Turn right here

Go down the soi and bear left at the fork. Continue less then 1/2 kilometer and on the right you will see the sign

Nothing fancy

It does get crowded because the food is freshest you will ever have in Thailand

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW

What about those places in the the Walking Street, they seem to have a lot of fresh seafood on ice out the front? Are they good seafood restaurants?

They're on ice because they are dead or nearly dead.

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW

What about those places in the the Walking Street, they seem to have a lot of fresh seafood on ice out the front? Are they good seafood restaurants?

Vientiane's worth a visit.

Fresh, cheap and great views.

Beers are reasonable priced too!

King Seafood on Walking Street is outstanding. A little pricey, but it is well, well worth it. This restaurant is actually quite well known amongst foodies - and many people consider it to be the "other" reason to visit Pattaya. Most of the food is still swimming, and if you like you can go and choose from the tanks (they also have big baskets of vegetables on display, so you can choose those too, if you wish). The kitchen is enclosed behind glass walls, so you can see what is going on (like all great kitchens - choreographed chaos). Most of the seating is on a terrace built out over the sea - providing you with stunning views of the bay, and there is also a large area indoors in case of rain. The ambience is pretty good, they have music (which isn't obtrusive), and sometimes a lounge singer.

Trip Reports:

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

Mark Twain

The seafood is half in ice the other in 30+ celcius heat, a terrible idea!

Live in tanks or properly refrigerated seafood for me.

Have just read through this thread and am now TOTALLY fucking starving thanks guys. I live in Germany which is the moon for seafood, fish sticks thats it.....I come from the west coast US and really miss the fish, will be in Beijing next week, hope to score some good chow there.

Ronbo on tour 2010

<p><strong><span style="font-size:18px;">China! Because they are kicking our asses anyway so might as well enjoy the pussy!</strong></span><br />

<br />

<span style="font-size:14px;">My life in China and SEA<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/54464-ronbo-on-tour-in-china/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2013<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/138439-team-atrocity-2013its-on/</a></span></p><p><span style="font-size:14px;">Team Atrocity 2012<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/'> http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/97919-team-atrocity-2012/</a></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>I LOVE VORTEX :Grin3:</strong></span><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> 

• 1 month later...

After seeing that raw sewage being pumped out into the sea - it sort of put me off sea-food a bit