IGNORED

pattaya bay resort hotel

leonardo787

The endorsers of PBR appear not to have a problem with my main complaint with the place: the shower and toilet in typical fashion are not separated, and this is the reason I won't stay there. Otherwise, I thought the PBR to be very worthwhile after the staff gave me the tour.

IMHOP $1999 baht a night for their small room with no weekly or monthly dicounts is no bargin in Pattaya. Plus I have seen others write that the walls are paper thin and you here the click-clack of high heel shoes , doors opening and slamming shut all night.

i was under the impression it was 999 thb in low season. though i have read runours that this offer has finished and now there is goverment tax on top aswell,is there anyone on here that can comfirm lastest prices etc?

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

IMHOP $1999 baht a night for their small room with no weekly or monthly dicounts is no bargin in Pattaya. Plus I have seen others write that the walls are paper thin and you here the click-clack of high heel shoes , doors opening and slamming shut all night.

i was under the impression it was 999 thb in low season. though i have read runours that this offer has finished and now there is goverment tax on top aswell,is there anyone on here that can comfirm lastest prices etc?

999 low season and 1399 high season.

http://pattayabayresort.com/Rates.aspx

There IS a monthly rack rate but only on the Standard Room

http://pattayabayresort.com/Monthly_Rates.aspx

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Gentlemen,

I have a choice between this hotel and the Sabai Wing. I have stayed at the Sabai Wing and my only complaint was that the bed is too hard. Which one would you choose?

Thanks

PB#1

Gentlemen,

I have a choice between this hotel and the Sabai Wing. I have stayed at the Sabai Wing and my only complaint was that the bed is too hard. Which one would you choose?

Thanks

PB#1

If your only complaint is that the bed was hard. i would stay at sabai because the beds at PBR are equally hard. i have not found a bed in pattaya that has been soft. and i've stayed at The Lek hotel, The Royal garden resort (both in 99), Sabai Resort & Pattaya Bay Resort (in 07), PBR (in 09)

and The Vista hotel (in 09) all have had hard beds. you get used to it a little

• 2 weeks later...

Monthly deals in this hotel are a bargain in my opinion, 14900 in lowseason for 30days is probably cheapest u can get anywhere in patts for the location/amenities thats 500baht a night. Areca which i value quite close to PBRs level offers the same for 27000 a month or 27000 for metropole standard rooms.

Even metro appartments which is very popular with the BM's costs the same, and its just a guesthouse above a bar after all.

If u wanna save money id have pbr as the first pick tbh.

When i stayed there around songkran and august i just abused the shit out of the PBR tuktuks and the location started to feel quite close to everything =p

• 8 months later...

I am trying to book my stay in march at Pattata Bay Resort (I stayed there on my first trip and I totally approve), I want to rent the room for 1 month. Although I'm staying only 19 days, it still gets 4000B cheaper than paying the regular fee.

However, the guy on the email told me about some extra charges, such as 7B/KWh and 150B monthly water fee.

Is it worth it?

Living the dream!

I just read on their website that they charge a joiner fee after the 1st girl. Any one know if this is done? Seems stange that a hotel that supports this forum charges a joiner fee for more than 1.

I just read on their website that they charge a joiner fee after the 1st girl. Any one know if this is done? Seems stange that a hotel that supports this forum charges a joiner fee for more than 1.

Never been charged in my experience and I've stayed there many times and taken 2 girls back on quite a few occasions. I guess they must "reserve the right to charge" but seems counter-productive to put it on the website. I'll have a word with Dr K...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone stayed in or seen one of the smoking rooms at PBR? I am visiting Pattaya in the coming weeks and they only have smoking rooms available. The manager has mentioned they remove the smell from the room, his quote

"However, please note our housekeeping department cleans all rooms very thoroughly and we use a special nano-technology spray to remove the smell of smoke from our rooms"

I am a non smoker and I can't stand the smell of smoke. If they can actually remove the smell though and it isn't noticeable then I would like to stay here for my month visit.

Someday, somebody will ski that

Has anyone stayed in or seen one of the smoking rooms at PBR? I am visiting Pattaya in the coming weeks and they only have smoking rooms available. The manager has mentioned they remove the smell from the room, his quote

"However, please note our housekeeping department cleans all rooms very thoroughly and we use a special nano-technology spray to remove the smell of smoke from our rooms"

I am a non smoker and I can't stand the smell of smoke. If they can actually remove the smell though and it isn't noticeable then I would like to stay here for my month visit.

I hate bedroom smoking, but I've had to take a smoking room at PBR quite a few times. It's always been fine, with never a trace of a bad smoke-smell.

Yes, and didnt smell a thing.

no they have smoking and no smoking rooms i think the floors might be smoking or non smoking

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard

no they have smoking and no smoking rooms i think the floors might be smoking or non smoking

Correct, the floors are dedicated to smoking or non-smoking rooms. Unfortunately, all non-smoking rooms are booked for the period I am visiting. I'm registered for a smoking room and have the option to fully inspect the room before confirming my stay. I'm crossing my fingers that the smoking rooms don't have any smell hehe.

Someday, somebody will ski that

I booked a non smoking room but was given an upgrade to a better room but it was smoking - noticed the smell for the first day and then it wasn't noticeable after that. I would have requested a move if it had not!

Hi guys,

I've just booked with this hotel and if everything is ok I'll probably stay for the rest of my trip,

but now Ive been reading a little I have some question,

I booked a smoking room,

on which floor are the Smoking rooms ?

and how quiet are they?

I was thinking of paying with my credit card,

is it safe to pay this hotel with a credit card?

so it doesnt get duplicated.

Edited by FlashMatrix

I payed with my credit card and never had a problem. All rooms are pretty noisy at certain times of night.

I payed with my credit card and never had a problem. All rooms are pretty noisy at certain times of night.

You only need to give credit card details during the high season.

The noise is the only drawback. One night I heard a phone on silent but vibrating on the table in the next room.

I've stayed there more than 60 times and always pay by credit card. Never had a problem.

The smoking floor is no different to the non-smoking floor, except you can smoke!

Some light sleepers complain about noise, but it's never been an issue for me.

I had no noise issues during my months stay either. If you're a light sleeper, try to get a room at one of the ends so you'll only have one "neighbour".