IGNORED

Next Fashion - Poor Experience With Pattaya Tailor

Millard

Location: Shopping arcade next to Soi Diana (near Kiss Food) and across from Mike’s Shopping Mall.

Price: 500 baht/shirt. 3000 baht/suit.

Quality: Poor.

Customer Service: Good at point of sale, but poor after your clothes have been sewn.

Tip: give as little of a down payment as possible in case you want to cancel the transaction.

I kind of deserve this crap experience for being a lazy arse. Bitch Controller gave me a good recommendation for his tailor. Instead of going there, I went to Next Fashion because it was close to my hotel. Also, they received a good review online by a guy who apparently wasn’t familiar with quality. Either that or he was the owner.

Next Fashion was very friendly and polite during my initial visit. During subsequent visits/fittings though, I was appalled at how things changed. My shirt and suit fit very poorly. It was as if the tailor had my measurements mixed up with a 12 year-old girl’s. Despite this, the tailor was adamant and even aggressive that everything looked great! He was 100% sales and 0% interested in quality.

It took 4 fittings to finally get one shirt and my suit to somewhat fit. At each fitting, the tailor would argue with me about any alterations I’d need. He even cursed at me under his breath. I’ll still need to have the trousers altered here in the States since they’re too short. Overall, the quality was so low that I told the tailor to not even bother making all 4 shirts we had agreed upon since he couldn’t even get one right. I would have just called the whole thing off, but had already paid a deposit.

Thanks for the heads up Millard.

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks for the info.

Last trip had every intention of getting a suit but found the tailors high pressure sales methods a pain in the arse and a real turn off.

Any recommendations for a quality tailor would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I had a couple pairs of dress pants made at a place just to the right of Mikes shopping mall on beach road, I forget the name of the place. 1000baht each and ready in 4 hours (it was in the evening and I was flying out the next morning so I had them rush it). The pants were a perfect fit and good quality. Friendly guys too, I think from Burma if I remember correctly..

Edited by adiggity

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

I had a couple pairs of dress pants made at a place just to the right of Mikes shopping mall on beach road, I forget the name of the place. 1000baht each and ready in 4 hours (it was in the evening and I was flying out the next morning so I had them rush it). The pants were a perfect fit and good quality. Friendly guys too, I think from Burma if I remember correctly..

Thanks, will give them a go. Back in March all being well.

I had an over coat made at a tailors near Sandyspring hotel. I made a point that the stiching had to be good as I had a suite made

in Phuket that had crap stitching.

Coat was made stitching was crap!!! I took it back to them 5 times (I found more bad workmanship everytime I got it back).

The coat is fine, stitching is fine after the "repairs" but what a f***** joke.

Any knowlegeable recommendations for tailors?

how many times a year do you guys wear suits? and if you do where are you going to wear a 3000 Baht suit, a used car salesman convention?

It's quite easy to pay $400 for a crap suit that falls apart or fades and it's also possible to pay 2000 baht for a suit that looks quite good. It's not always the price that matters.

It's quite easy to pay $400 for a crap suit that falls apart or fades and it's also possible to pay 2000 baht for a suit that looks quite good. It's not always the price that matters.

How many people in Thailand do you see wearing suits, even in Bangkok? It is very rare, too hot. So i would think a 2000 baht business suit will probably be a piece of crap.

Thx mate for the review, well appreciated.

always heard some bad review here in Pattaya about tailors, that's why i never made one, i'm scare to be dissapointed with a low quality.

But now my question is simple : where a good quality tailor can be find ?

I'll be getting fitted for a suit or two myself, or at the very least pants. I assume they use very thin material suitable for the tropics. I'm also a big guy, 6'5" 250lb. I hope it's not a waste of time and money getting fitted for a suit while in Pataya.

Thx mate for the review, well appreciated.

always heard some bad review here in Pattaya about tailors, that's why i never made one, i'm scare to be dissapointed with a low quality.

But now my question is simple : where a good quality tailor can be find ?

Get in touch with BitchController, he can point you out to a good and decent tailor.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

I'll be getting fitted for a suit or two myself, or at the very least pants. I assume they use very thin material suitable for the tropics. I'm also a big guy, 6'5" 250lb. I hope it's not a waste of time and money getting fitted for a suit while in Pataya.

They have bolts of different materials and you pick the material you want. I had 5 suits made last time along with many dress slacks and dress shirts. All are still in good shape 3 years later and all my suits were made with 2 pairs of pants (which is good because on one, I slipped and fell, ruining the pants, but the suit is still good as I had a backup).

The thing to look for is the craftsmanship of the suit. Is it good stitching, do they use proper lining material, do they strengthen the stress areas, did they actually use the material you chose?

Indra made some of my stuff when I was there in 2007 and there was a guy on a little side street half a block up from beach road near the beginning of Walking Street. (I'm sorry but I can get the name when I return next week). He was less expensive, had a smaller shop and less choices, but he also made nice suits and slacks. I was very happy with what I bought. The quality rivaled suits that would have cost upwards of $400 off the rack at home and I paid about $110 with the extra pants.

It's like anything. The more you know about what you are shopping for and price, the better prepared you are to negotiate a better deal. And deals are definitely to be had in Pattaya.

Spoiler

Edited by Spoiler

I had some shirts made, my brother had a suit made and my father from the tailor at the corner of Walking Street and the soi Secrets is on. The guy's name is Mike. It is an indian tailor and they are excellent. He copied shirts for me and the quality was perfect. I took BM MCNINJA there this trip and he got a whole new wardrobe made, very good quality and service.

Location is if you are on Walking Street and turn into the soi for Secrets, its the tailor on your right hand side. he made me custom made shirts copied from a shirt my brother had but he is a different build to me.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Try hi fi fashion on beach rd located in j house hotel next to royal garden shopping mall owned by jimmy, hav had many quality suits over the years down to earth guy..... reasonable prices

are you guys wearing these suits to work or just funerals and weddings?

I wear suits for work once or twice a week when meeting with clients.