IGNORED

Majestic Suites Hotel

cruiserPimp

I usually stay at the Majestic Suites hotel my first night in BKK because I arrive late at night and can do little before crashing for the night. Benefit is prime location for Nana Plaza and a gazillion free lancers milling about. Price is around 1100-1450 but includes a basic breakfast, orange juice, and coffee. Clean, basic rooms but on the small side. Very guest friendly and great attitudes at the front desk. You can also use the gym and hot tub at Majestic Grande down the road which is nice!

post-27403-126155614138_thumb.jpg

The girl looks nice........the room too! haha

I am thinking of staying here for 3 nights on the 11th of Jan, is the 1450 baht the High season rate??

The girl looks nice........the room too! haha

I am thinking of staying here for 3 nights on the 11th of Jan, is the 1450 baht the High season rate??

The cheapest room is 1570b ,many people swear by this place but I do not like it, the rooms are tiny , the food is awful , the maids make a racket in the morning,no pool , you cannot park or get a cab to the door etc and NEP is not what it used to be, Ok if you like ladyboys but Soi Cowboy is light years better nowadays IMO.

Saying that it is always full so book early.

Heres a link

http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/majesticsuites/index.html

I also stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last summer.

Standard room is small but clean. I booked on line and payed 1300 B.

King size bed is large and comfortable. American breakfast included is not so bad.

Of course no joiner fee asked. Free access to the Majestic Grande swimming pool, sauna, hammam etc ... with a voucher. I did not know they have a gym there. Next time I will try.

Unless I find better for the same price I will certainly book again there for my next trip in BKK.

stayed there a few times allways busy,need to book as well,clean rooms safe ,butnow i stay at the ever rich inn.

Majestic Suites is always my favourite when I stay in Bangkok. You will never get a better rate for that type of hotel in that location.

Nice pics of the girls.

this hotel is bang on & I have used it for years & always nice.

It was the best choice in town 5 yrs ago. IMO there's been lots of new better hotels built since then in the same price range. Rooms just too small and the location just too crazy-busy for me. You can certainly do worse though. It's amusing to me that 1/2 of what people write in their hotel reviews has to do with breakfast.(I'm sure Tim has seen this plenty) Not the room, not the amenities, not the service - breakfast. If you're staying at the MS (pussy central) and get up early enough for brekkie, you should be ashamed of yourself ! wj

Edited by wackyjacky

The free breakfast is not too shabby...cook to order but no buffet. Just enough to get the day started. Great people watching from the front window table.

post-27403-126160732651_thumb.jpg

The free breakfast is not too shabby...cook to order but no buffet. Just enough to get the day started. Great people watching from the front window table.

That breakfast does not look too bad. They are currently renovating the rooms floor by floor. Should be nice when finished.

Tim

I like Majestic as well...but i do have a problem with the check-in....

The last couple of visit's i've check-in with my GF but the security guard always ask's her for ID when returning to the hotel....not a happy GF let me tell you :P

Have spoken to the manager about this but i think it will happen again.

I always stay at the Majestic - love the place and love the gym and spa around at the Grande which I always use. The steam room there is sensational - the gym and pool aren't bad either!

I have yet to find a better hotel in that location at the price, and the staff are always very helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Stayed here on my madien trip in June 2009 five mins from NEP there was a girl who used to work the morning shift around that same time... kinda small frame nice smile light complexion... she was fricking beautiful. Was there about two maybe three weeks ago and walked by but didn't see her.. Anybody remembers her?

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€

I discovered the MS thru this forum...and is the best place I know of for the money when you take into consideration its proximity to Nana, restaurants, salons, massage parlors, the beer garden, etc.

I too used it for just a day on the way in and a day on the way out since the only flights I get usually arrive around midnight and depart around 6am...before I became comfortable/familiar with going and coming directly from Pattaya (and before I decided I no longer had any need of BKK), this worked well for me. The guy who owns it also has a nice tailor shop adjacent that does decent work (though a bit pricey).

I am surprised that they are renovating the rooms...but glad they are staying on top of it before it probably needed it...thats a good sign of an innkeeper who is worthy of my baht.

For newbies, who do not require a gym or pool, this is a great choice for a day or two til you get settled (if staying in BKK) or til you grab your transport to Pattaya. Not sure what is on offer around soi Cowboy, so can't offer comment on how it is relative to hotels immediately adjacent to that area, but if you are mongering in Nana, this is the spot if you can get a room (book early).

On that note, last trip I made to BKK (about 18 months ago), Nana was really a dump (ya, probably always has been, but I mean dumpier than when I discovered it 4 years ago)...so maybe Cowboy is better, can't say as I have never gone there, really only mongered at Nana.

Hope this ramble helps someone...cheers, Alex

Is this correct then if you book a single room this is just for 1 breakfast.I thought this meant that it was for 1 preson and if you bought a lady they would charge you

Is this correct then if you book a single room this is just for 1 breakfast.I thought this meant that it was for 1 preson and if you bought a lady they would charge you

Yes you only get 1 breakfast coupoun.

No probs bringing back backs with a Single room booked.

Tim

Tim

Cheers for that its amazing how certain hotels have different policies,some have said 2 me that a single room is for 1 person only.i have stayed at this hotel before and booked a double room thinking thatdouble room means for 2 people.anyway this will same me some money for xmas :GoldenSmile1:

Tim

Hi tim was wondering about lk metropole hotel for 28 april till 11 may,do they reduce prices for a double room if you dont want breakfast.Looking at either standard ,studio or superior .Treating myself as i will be celebrating my birthday. :GoldenSmile1:

I've stayed there a dozen times or so. hotel has great location, excellent value, and well managed. Try CitiChic on Soi 13 (or Majestic Grande Soi 2) for larger, more comortable rooms. Same management group, although CitiChic about a 12 minute walk to Sukhumvit. But if you just want a place to bring girls from NEP, can't be beat, better than Nana hotel IMHO Thick windows provide decent enough protection from street noise, but rooms are a bit small for threesomes.

fon.jpg

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

• 1 month later...

I usually stay at the Majestic Suites Hotel my first night in BKK because I arrive late at night and can do little before crashing for the night. Benefit is prime location for Nana Plaza and a gazillion free lancers milling about. Price is around 1100-1450 but includes a basic breakfast, orange juice, and coffee. Clean, basic rooms but on the small side. Very guest friendly and great attitudes at the front desk. You can also use the gym and hot tub at Majestic Grande down the road which is nice!

I have stayed at this hotel many many times and like it a lot. The last time I stayed there I made my reservation directly with the hotel and as I was searching the web I found that you could rent a room there 2 to 300 baht less than at the hotel. I ask them about this and they would not give me a discount, so left early. Don't mind paying a fair price but don't want to get ripped off or scamed. Only a few TV channels and very small rooms. Will probably stay there again as it is the best place to stay close to the action and very very girl friendly, and the registration staff are very friendly.

@Piece Corp that's a nice one you got there brother... you pick her up around the hotel or Nana perhaps...?

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€