IGNORED

Some Time its the simple things

Alan lad

hi guys

Well yes i have missed the bar (badly at times) and missed all the great guests we had the pleasure of meeting over the years.

The upside has been the time i have been spending with my sons (the little ones).

That the monet i am up at a place called "mae Sariang" which is where my wife spent most of her childhood . Her father was a well known knife and sword maker (yes the hard way fire and a hammer).Well he has been sick so we made the 22 hour drive up here, it just next to Burma.

While my wife has been busy with her dad my son Oliver (4yrs) and i have been hanging out .Theres not a lot to do in these towns ,no real shops/malls ,no movies ,even my son looks at some of the food "like why would you put that on a plate".

Well the most strange thing both Oliver and i have been having REAL fun throwing rocks into the river (small rocks hes only 4) .I got one rock to skip 6 times and he could not wait to tell his mum. Oliver got his rock to skip 4 times (ok it skipped 2 times but i told him it was 4 times so he could tell his mum now good he was at throwing rocks .

Every day this is the first and last thing that we both go and do .Its driving his mum nuts ,she just does not understand and i cant find a way to explain.

Does my shoulder being sore mean i am getting old ?

alan

shoulder being sore is not warming up before hand, just bcos ur throwing a rock and not working out or building something doesnt mean ur not using and exerting the muscles, do some stretches old man it wont ache any more...

skimming rocks is so much fun!, get ur wife down there and teach her how to do it, she will never enjoy it or enjoy that you enjoy it while she cannot do it herself...

experience is the mother of wisdom

• 4 weeks later...

Hangin out and playin with your son/s is one of the best things period

Enjoy it as much you can, they grow up quick and life gets in the way.

Who is fit to govern others?

He who governs himself. ?

You might as well have said: nobody.

yes alan hanging out with your kids when your young can be a real blast ,i missed that with all my daughters i was busy with the i must work to fill the bank account but i aquired custody of a grandson 8 years ago (hes now 14 ) and it was the simple things done together that they remember and years later remind you of the fun they had