IGNORED

Non O Retirement

sailorman

I need some help understanding the requirments on the non O Retirment visa. Now let me say up front that i have had a stroke, and one reason for my retirment is my inability to sort out complicated information. My memory is shot. Now I just come to Pattaya Thailand from 5 years living in the Philippines. Either i did something right or just got lucky. I now have a Non O Reitrment visa and Multiple entry. Now after reading on this site this morning i am not sure if i have to make border runs, " I do not think so, I think I only have to report every 90 days to ensure correct address and pay 1900baht." IS this correct or do i have to make the border runs?

What happens if I am out of country when my 90 days runs out. I would guess that i go early , tell them i will be out of country and either pay 1900 baht early or very soon after I make my return. Can anyone out there help with this question??? Thanks

Sailorman Still Riding The Waves

I need some help understanding the requirments on the non O Retirment visa. Now let me say up front that i have had a stroke, and one reason for my retirment is my inability to sort out complicated information. My memory is shot. Now I just come to Pattaya Thailand from 5 years living in the Philippines. Either i did something right or just got lucky. I now have a Non O Reitrment visa and Multiple entry. Now after reading on this site this morning i am not sure if i have to make border runs, " I do not think so, I think I only have to report every 90 days to ensure correct address and pay 1900baht." IS this correct or do i have to make the border runs?

What happens if I am out of country when my 90 days runs out. I would guess that i go early , tell them i will be out of country and either pay 1900 baht early or very soon after I make my return. Can anyone out there help with this question??? Thanks

I'm assuming that what you have is a Retirement Extension plus a Multi Re-entry Permit?.

1. No border runs required.

2. 90 day reporting correct, but no fee/cost. They just want copies of the relevant Passport pages, your Passport, some proof of address (usually) like a bill or tenancy agreement) and a completed form.

3. If you leave the Kingdom before the 90 day due date, your next report is due 90 days from re-entry date. Again no cost.

Perhaps your confusion over fees is because a Re-entry permit costs 1900 baht for a single and 3800 baht for a multi (which you say you have).

Hope that helps.

I'm assuming that what you have is a Retirement Extension plus a Multi Re-entry Permit?.

2. 90 day reporting correct, but no fee/cost. They just want copies of the relevant Passport pages, your Passport, some proof of address (usually) like a bill or tenancy agreement) and a completed form.

3. If you leave the Kingdom before the 90 day due date, your next report is due 90 days from re-entry date. Again no cost.

Perhaps your confusion over fees is because a Re-entry permit costs 1900 baht for a single and 3800 baht for a multi (which you say you have).

Hope that helps.

thanks a lot there my friend. I was not clear on the 1900 baht so even though this has been an expensive week with 4 different days spent at on this. One trip to the us embassy in bangkok . Here in Pattaya the people at immigration were very friendly . Your statement on the 90 days from entering the country again helped me also. I am heading back to the Philippines after Christmas and then leaving for America just before my first 90 days is due. I have a 6 month lease here in Pattaya and am very very happy to find out no border runs. thanks thanks agian for the info.

Sailorman Still Riding The Waves

Hope that helps.

Same for me except when I do my 90 day report in Chiang Mai immigration, I do not show any proof of address. Just fill out the form with my address on it and give them copies of passport pages.