IGNORED

Majestic Grande

Gryck

Dear BKK-Crawlers!

I have stayed at the Majestic Suites, I have used MGs swimmingpool, I have seen one room at the MG, but I have never stayed there.

Does anyone have info about this hotel? I know about the different prices of the rooms on different agencys.

Have you stayed there?

Gryck

I stay there every time I am in BKK. Every room I have stayed in is well maintained and very clean. The service is great, The diner on the 7th floor is pretty good, and it's a just a short walk to Nana. There are definitely cheaper places to stay in the area but I like this place a lot. The only thing I dislike is that internet access is not free - hour or daily rates apply. I don't remember the prices but thought it enough of a pain in the ass that I just used the business center computers for the few minutes I needed access. No joiner fees - I have had a couple lady friends return with me from Nana with no problems. Just the standard no questions asked ID card hand-off by the ladies to the security guard and you are off to your room.

http://www.majesticgrande.com/

Dear BKK-Crawlers!

I have stayed at the Majestic Suites, I have used MGs swimmingpool, I have seen one room at the MG, but I have never stayed there.

Does anyone have info about this hotel? I know about the different prices of the rooms on different agencys.

Have you stayed there?

Gryck

Gryck,

Its one of the most popular hotels in this price range. Has been for a number of years already. Rooms are nice and definitely guest friendly and a decent location near Nana.

The internet thing is annoying as its very expensive, but plenty of cafes around open till late.

A good choice at the moment as they have some decent rates till the end of March 2010.

Tim

Gryck,

Its one of the most popular hotels in this price range. Has been for a number of years already. Rooms are nice and definitely guest friendly and a decent location near Nana.

The internet thing is annoying as its very expensive, but plenty of cafes around open till late.

A good choice at the moment as they have some decent rates till the end of March 2010.

Tim

The thing is its just not written about on this forum. People who stay in MG dont write about it, atleast thats my opinion.

I saw one youtube-clip where the cameraman say something like "this room have seen better days".

Well I`ll give it a try in February I think. I wanna book with my Amex so then I have to book with the hotel directly?

Gryck

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed @ the Majestic Grande several times. I like the rooms and the hotel. Very professional--welcome drink, nice gym, spa, very guest friendly as it is the hot sister of Majestic Suites. Some of the staff babes here are stunning. Down side is internet access is not free, elevators can be a wait, and eating in house is expensive outside of the buffet and executive lounge. Buffet is Very Good! You will see fat and nasty US and eurotrash chicks at the buffet...bonus to parade a hot Thai chick around in front of them. Pool is small and not really in the sun, but I use the excellent spa instead. Here's a pic of my room, unfortunately the bed is not in view, but it's very comfortable. Note: executive lounge is a great upgrade when checking in for those not on a budget.

post-27403-12616047149_thumb.jpg

Very nice, boutique-style hotel. The staff is very professional and breakfast buffet is above average.

Though if asking for advice on sightseeing, be mindful of what you are told. One particular doorman (he was posted at the small desk near the entrance) clearly was trying to steer hotel guests to taxis and places that he was getting a commission from. That was the only negative. I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Nice hotel, I have stayed there a couple of times.

If you have used the pool and seen the room, you already know a lot.

Their breakfast buffet is awesome, however, it can be packed a certain periods.

Some who like pools complain that it faces North East so a lot of shade from the L shaped hotel.

Though only a few hundred meters from Nana, I for some reason was bored with the walk.

An alternative in the same price range is Dynasty Grande.

Better pool, slightly better location.

Never managed to try the breakfast, so no reference 555

Majestic Grande is an excellent hotel, guest friendly, efficient and polite staff, very clean and comfortable, with fitness room. A little bit expensive but still reasonable (cheaper than Mariott just next door for similar services, but more expensive than Dynasty Grande which is also nice). The swimming pool is very small. Recently there's been a lot of arabian people with their ladies in burka. Just wonder what they're doing there.

Majestic Grande is an excellent hotel, guest friendly, efficient and polite staff, very clean and comfortable, with fitness room. A little bit expensive but still reasonable (cheaper than Mariott just next door for similar services, but more expensive than Dynasty Grande which is also nice). The swimming pool is very small. Recently there's been a lot of arabian people with their ladies in burka. Just wonder what they're doing there.

Bumrumgrad I think. wj

I am booked for Late Jan, I took a delux room for the size, felt the standard room would be a bit small. Will post review in feb.

plenty of good advice here above on the hotel.

when it opened years back I used it alot but the prices went up big time & the pound has gone crap against the baht so it has now gone out of my price range.

I always had a deluxe room for under £40 per night & now I think they run at over £80.

great hotel & lovely.

I stayed at the Majestic Grande a few years ago, shortly after it opened. I found it to be good, and the Breakfast buffet was outstanding. But I was disappointed by the poor location of the pool, which was never in the sun, and for that reason, I came to conclude that the Dynasty Grande was somewhat better value.

plenty of good advice here above on the hotel.

when it opened years back I used it alot but the prices went up big time & the pound has gone crap against the baht so it has now gone out of my price range.

I always had a deluxe room for under £40 per night & now I think they run at over £80.

great hotel & lovely.

Currently the hotel's rates are comparable to 2 yrs ago.

A Grande Deluxe is around 3,400 Baht, roughly 60 Quid.

Tim

• 5 months later...

Currently the hotel's rates are comparable to 2 yrs ago.

A Grande Deluxe is around 3,400 Baht, roughly 60 Quid.

Tim

Their website quotes a Grande Deluxe room 4700 bt. There are promotions though. Nice rooms :

MajesticGrande.jpg

I have stayed the Majestic Grande hotel several times. I really like the rooms and the hotel atmosphere. I was very happy to stay this hotel. I like to most the hotel having a office really they was have to provide every facility to us.

• 5 months later...

Love this hotel but now it is to expensive for my budjet.

A few years back I stayed there all the time.

In the last few years the pound has hit the deck & my income has decreased.

Super hotel IMO.

Stayed this hotel for 3 days in Sep, 2009. I paid only about $49 per night with Expedia coupon.

I didn't really like the room. Room was aged already. It had scratches everywhere and old TV with bad picture. Rooms facing the highway were VERY noisy. I had to switch my room to pool view, which didn't have traffic noisy problem. As far as the room goes, I have been better rooms in 1500-2000 baht hotels.

Staffs were nice and friendly. Breakfast buffet was much better other cheap hotels, but food was not better than any decent bangkok restaurants.

For people who don't care much about breakfast, gym, and pool, there are cheaper and better hotels in Suk area.

Edited by qsxd

• 1 month later...

I stayed there last month for a Couple of nights. I can recommend it. Nice decor, good location, a 5 minute walk to Nana Plaza. Really good breakfast and Pool. Guest friendly, and in a quiet area.