IGNORED

99 Baht Restaurant

califdann

I was in Pattaya in Oct 2009; On Diana street; off of 2nd road, opened a restaurant that charges 99 Baht for all you can eat. They change the menu everyday of the week, so they have 7 different menus. Whatever is on the menu on the day you go, you pay 99 Baht for all you can eat. There is additional charge for a drink. It was crowded each time I went by, and got a place to sit and eat once. Maybe the crowd was because it was a newer restaurant, but it seemed like a good deal. I think that they have a set menu for folks that want to eat something other than the daily special.

Califdann

Went there a couple of times in October as well.

On my first visit, it was the chicken night, so for 99 Baht you get a meal with different types of chicken on. I remember there was fillet in breadcrumbs, a wing done in a sauce, a couple of small drumsticks, and one other that I can't remember.

I noticed with the small drumsticks that they were pink in the middle and therefore not cooked enough. I spoke to the farang manager who informed me that they buy them pre cooked (and frozen I think) and just boil them to heat them up. I advised him that he actually wasn't buying them precooked at all. Anyway, he said he would talk to the chef so off he went. When he came out of the kitchen, he never offered any sort of apology or what had happened when he spoke to the chef.

My GIK wanted to go back there a couple of days later, so we did and we both had a rib eye steak and fries. For 99 Baht, I have to say that this meal was good value.

All you have to do when you order the 99 Baht meal is to order a drink with it. The place is very clean and apart from my complaint, there were no other problems.

I wish the owner every success in his new venture, and hope he sorts his suppliers out.

Cheers

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

It is a good idea. Ok eating place. Nothing fancy, but what can you expect for 99 Baht.

I've been there twice and no problems for me.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

Why pay 99 bath for rubbish tasteless farang food??? I have read many complaints about the food in LK Renaissance. save your money and head over to the corner with 2nd road at kiss foods much better food for a little extra! or try the delicious Thai streetfood which costs you around 40 Bath for a meal!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Why pay 99 bath for rubbish tasteless farang food??? I have read many complaints about the food in LK Renaissance. save your money and head over to the corner with 2nd road at kiss foods much better food for a little extra! or try the delicious Thai streetfood which costs you around 40 Bath for a meal!

Exactly where is Kiss Foods located? Ihad never heard of this place until after I got back from LOS and I would like to try it when I am back in a couple of weeks.

Went there a couple of times in October as well.

On my first visit, it was the chicken night, so for 99 Baht you get a meal with different types of chicken on. I remember there was fillet in breadcrumbs, a wing done in a sauce, a couple of small drumsticks, and one other that I can't remember.

I noticed with the small drumsticks that they were pink in the middle and therefore not cooked enough. I spoke to the farang manager who informed me that they buy them pre cooked (and frozen I think) and just boil them to heat them up. I advised him that he actually wasn't buying them precooked at all. Anyway, he said he would talk to the chef so off he went. When he came out of the kitchen, he never offered any sort of apology or what had happened when he spoke to the chef.

My GIK wanted to go back there a couple of days later, so we did and we both had a rib eye steak and fries. For 99 Baht, I have to say that this meal was good value.

All you have to do when you order the 99 Baht meal is to order a drink with it. The place is very clean and apart from my complaint, there were no other problems.

I wish the owner every success in his new venture, and hope he sorts his suppliers out.

Cheers

Tony

I was very ill on my last trip with acute food poisoning requiring a trip to the local hospital in Chiayaphum. Of course this has nothing to do with the restaurant you ate at.

I'd rather pay 350 baht for a quality meal in Greggs on second road than risk 3 ruined days curled up in bed for 99 baht.

No offence meant..hope they improved it

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

I'd rather pay 350 baht for a quality meal in Greggs on second road than risk 3 ruined days curled up in bed for 99 baht.

Tim, well said...point taken.

I hear they have an all-u-can-eat buffet over on Soi6...sweet n sour pussy...but the cost is a bit more!

Cheers, Alex

I visited there in october. it was hot dog night. all I had were a few hot dogs and some chips. it wasn't too bad. but I think I"d prefer something with abit more taste. pizza night looked interesting though

I was very ill on my last trip with acute food poisoning requiring a trip to the local hospital in Chiayaphum. Of course this has nothing to do with the restaurant you ate at.

No offence meant..hope they improved it

350 baht for breakfast is only 50 baht less than staying one night at the Skytop guesthouse. Seems a little high to me.

Tried the lasagna and found it good, preferred the beef to the chicken. Only went there once but preferred Robins Nest buffet better value for 89baht.

I have read many complaints about the food in LK Renaissance.

The food was excellent there when it was Cherrys cafe, a great shame it closed. I have only been twice since it changed to dine for 99 but the food was poor on both occasions.