IGNORED

Using VENTRILO for overseas communication

xtrmpipeliner

For those of you who do not know VENTRILO (or Vent for short) is a software that you use to communicate to other people around the world using your computer. As long as both parties have a computer (with speakers and microphone) and access to internet it can be used. It was originally designed for use for playing online games such as World of Warcraft from Blizzard Entertainment but can also be used as a very cost effective way of communicating overseas.

The cost is aroung $7.00/month USD for unlimited usage, and only 1 account needs to be purchased in order for everyone to use it. I have found that it works very well. You can chat to either 1 person or have up to 25 people involved and you can create several different channels for family members to have their own distinct area for their own use also. To be very clear on this when I say chat I really mean SPEAK. there is no typing involved it is voice only and it is real time just like a telephone. That is why it is so popular among gamers...you cant be playing a game and typing out instructions to other players at the same time this lets you talk to them while playing the game. NO you do not have to be playing a game to use this to communicate with other people, you can use it like I do also just to talk to freinds or relative who live either long distance or overseas.

The download is free to aquire and setting up a monthly account is not all that difficult using paypal. The account can be closed at anytime with no restrictions being placed upon you. I have used my account now for over 3 years and I am very happy with it. Just another option that I thought that you guys may be interested in using. I do play WOW online and use it during my Game times to communicate with other players while online...But I also use it as a very successful long distance plan both inside Canada and overseas.

The link is http://www.ventrilo.com

If anyone has any questions about it please feel free to pm me. And no I only wish that this was my software since it has over 4 million users daily but I do know how to use it and have had very positive experience using it.

Cheers

Pipeliner's, getting paid by the inch baby...go hard or go home...

ive used ventrilo for gaming purposes for the last few years

its great but i think skypes available on mobiles psps etc im not sure about the voip softwares out there itd be nice to make a list

I have also used Ventrilo for gaming, it would probably work great for keeping in touch with a TG, so long as she was available to go down to a 'net cafe to talk.

yahoo and MSN have voice and video chat for FREE

i dont see the point in payig for it ?

yahoo and MSN have voice and video chat for FREE

i dont see the point in payig for it ?

Ventrilo's big difference is that you can have loads of people in the same channel, and only one person needs to be paying for the server, that's why it's so good for gaming.

I guess I should have said if you are already using it for one purpose it would work great for the other.

Ventrilo's big difference is that you can have loads of people in the same channel, and only one person needs to be paying for the server, that's why it's so good for gaming.

I guess I should have said if you are already using it for one purpose it would work great for the other.

ahhh IC :GoldenSmile1:

Same same...its great if you are allready using it for gaming purposes...I should have clarified that in my OP...thanks for all the additional replies everyone.

Pipeliner's, getting paid by the inch baby...go hard or go home...

• 1 month later...

ventrilo is good for conferencing...I use it for group meetings and stuff over skype because its just easier...that and its cheap as well, only like $0.25 USD per slot for most 3rd party hosting if I call from abroad, but if I'm in Canada calling people I use my own internet to host a channel.