Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Swiss Park Hotel

Havver

Hi,

I've been looking at hotels in Bangkok, the usual areas around Nana / Asoke and found that the Swiss Park hotel seems just right for me. 1200 baht on one of the booking sites seems like a good price for a hotel with walking distance from the fun, pool, guest friendly, in-room safe etc. http://www.swissparkhotelbangkok.com/

Though looking at their own site it's not possible to book anything for 2010 and I have a vague recollection of reading that it will close for renovation or changing the name/branch but can't seem to find that page again. No info regarding this on their site either.

I did send them an email asking if they had any rooms available in august and they simply replied "no" which I found a bit strange as it's 9 months away and sort of low season(?). I have since sent two mails asking about this but never got a reply.

Does anyone know it, any info about it? Any other hotels in the same area with the same amenities (pool, guest friendly, in-room safe) around 1000-1500 baht you would recommend?

Thanks

not sure what is going on. Last time I stayed there I booked with a travel agent and they told me since I did there was a joiner fee. The water pressure in the bathroom was horrible. I won't stay there again.

this place is a little more but is an OK place to stay but I think you can find a little better

http://www.taipanhotel.com

It is indeed about twice the rate. Read so many great reviews about the Swiss Park though, was kind of surprised to hear bad things about it. Anyone else here had similar experiences?

It is indeed about twice the rate. Read so many great reviews about the Swiss Park though, was kind of surprised to hear bad things about it. Anyone else here had similar experiences?

Really ? I've never heard a good thing on Thai Forums over the years. It's always been a 'STAY AWAY'. One thing I know; book a double or you'll be charged for your 'travel guide'. Cheap with a pool ? That's tough. You can get nice rooms at that price (no pool) or slightly over the hill places with all the facilities. Maybe Manhattan, the Omni, or Majestic Suites lets you use the pool at the Majestic Grande. Ask Tim. He's a great travel agent and all over this hotel forum. wj

To be honest, pool isn't a necessity. Will be there beginning of september and only for 4 days so I can live without.

I'll look around for places without pool and see where it takes me. Suggestions appreciated as always. Preferably withing the 1000-1500 price range. Also, would you recommend booking directly thru the hotel or another site? What usually gets me the best price?

Hi,

I've been looking at hotels in Bangkok, the usual areas around Nana / Asoke and found that the Swiss Park Hotel seems just right for me. 1200 baht on one of the booking sites seems like a good price for a hotel with walking distance from the fun, pool, guest friendly, in-room safe etc. http://www.swissparkhotelbangkok.com/

Though looking at their own site it's not possible to book anything for 2010 and I have a vague recollection of reading that it will close for renovation or changing the name/branch but can't seem to find that page again. No info regarding this on their site either.

I did send them an email asking if they had any rooms available in august and they simply replied "no" which I found a bit strange as it's 9 months away and sort of low season(?). I have since sent two mails asking about this but never got a reply.

Does anyone know it, any info about it? Any other hotels in the same area with the same amenities (pool, guest friendly, in-room safe) around 1000-1500 baht you would recommend?

Thanks

The Swiss Park has been guest friendly for as long as I can remember. No joiner fee booked direct or through agents.

I must have sent over 300 bookings to them, never a problem with a joiner fee. I suspect the people who say its not guest friendly, booked a single room, not a twin/double ( for 2 people) in this case, single rooms are charged a joiner.

The hotel will become a 4 star next yr and they are not accepting any bookings from January 01, 2010 onwards. The email addresses have been changed.

For alternatives in the same area, not many with a pool.

More expensive options inc Aspen Suites, Ibis Nana( no pool), Dawin Nana, Majestic Suites( no pool, but can use at Majestic Grande)

If you can stay near Asoke, then Silq( no pool), Darjelling, Merisess and Bally Studio Suites spring to mind.

Tim

The hotel will become a 4 star next yr and they are not accepting any bookings from January 01, 2010 onwards. The email addresses have been changed.

I see, thanks for the info. Darjelling Boutique looks promising, will look into that one.

I see, thanks for the info. Darjelling Boutique looks promising, will look into that one.

Book through Tim and he'll get ya free wifi. wj

Regarding the Darjelling, looking at google maps it indicates the hotel on two different spots, one really close to Sukhumvit Rd, just below it. The other on Sukhumvit 21, ~800 meters up north. Which of these is the actual hotel, and if it's the latter, is it a sketchy place up there? Don't mind the walk but prefer a safe area.

Regarding the Darjelling, looking at google maps it indicates the hotel on two different spots, one really close to Sukhumvit Rd, just below it. The other on Sukhumvit 21, ~800 meters up north. Which of these is the actual hotel, and if it's the latter, is it a sketchy place up there? Don't mind the walk but prefer a safe area.

It's on 18 in a little 'cul de sac'. 60 ft to Suk, close to the Sheraton, Westin, etc. Not sketchy at all. Thailand is about 3X safer than the States IMO. Nice little hotel. Rooms are small, the view is of a parking garage, but everything inside 'em is top notch. Tough to compete with it at 1300. wj ps: here's the Trip Advisor link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293916-d1082738-Reviews-Darjelling_Boutique_Hotel-Bangkok.html

Edited by wackyjacky

Settled then. Will be booking through Tim as soon as I've booked my ticket to LOS.

Should it be done on the thaihoteldiscounts site or by PM, Tim?

Thanks!

Settled then. Will be booking through Tim as soon as I've booked my ticket to LOS.

Should it be done on the thaihoteldiscounts site or by PM, Tim?

Thanks!

Thanks.

Via the site pls.

Tim