IGNORED

Work Visa

saulb

I beleive that a minimum wage must be given for a work permit to be issued. Tax had to be paid on that amount (at least) no matter what you earn. From discussions with my employer I got the impression that if I was no longer working for them they would cancel the work permit. I guess this is so that they would not have to pay tax on money you did not earn. Also, I got the impression that the non-imm B visa associated with the work permit would also be cancelled.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

On the day you lose/leave the job, you lose any visa extension associated with it on the same day, so you would be illegal in the country.

A VISA remains valid, only an extension of stay becomes invalid the day you quit your job.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

On the day you lose/leave the job, you lose any visa extension associated with it on the same day, so you would be illegal in the country.

A VISA remains valid, only an extension of stay becomes invalid the day you quit your job.

Hedonist

I believe the extension of stay would be amended to expire 7 days from the date employment ended.

I believe the extension of stay would be amended to expire 7 days from the date employment ended.

No...they might give you seven days grace, to sort something else out,, flight tickets, or another type of visa, but the extension expires on the same day as your work does, As far as i have been informed

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

No...they might give you seven days grace, to sort something else out,, flight tickets, or another type of visa, but the extension expires on the same day as your work does, As far as i have been informed

Hedonist

The last page of the WP quite specifically states that you have seven days to cancel the work permit. At that point your extension runs out. As with everything the interpretation/application of the rules is likely to vary between immigration offices.

If you're on an extension of stay, you have to leave the country on the day your employment ends. You no longer have 7 days although you can get a 7 day extension from Immigration.

I have visa for work until August. What if one day i leave the job. can i travel around the country until visa expire?

I am surely no expert on the subject, but how would anyone (including police or customs people) ever know if your job ended? I got a one year work visa last summer. I applied for it using my company in USA needing to send me to Thailand to explore new business opportunitties. I needed to specify my contact in Thailand and also a letter from him saying he was "inviting" me. A one year work visa was issued . Once the visa is issued, I don't think there would be any problem staying for a while. I do not know the specifics of what the official rules are.

"Hard work never killed anybody......but why take a chance??"

I am surely no expert on the subject, but how would anyone (including police or customs people) ever know if your job ended? I got a one year work visa last summer. I applied for it using my company in USA needing to send me to Thailand to explore new business opportunitties. I needed to specify my contact in Thailand and also a letter from him saying he was "inviting" me. A one year work visa was issued . Once the visa is issued, I don't think there would be any problem staying for a while. I do not know the specifics of what the official rules are.

Thats a good point. It looks like they may dont have computer sistem for this. I beelive even most western countries dont have. And they dont care as much a we think about that. Another cuestion is stay in the country after visa or whitout it. And even appear to me from here, that may be a huge number of people on this circustance. Or to have long time visa is easy that we thongh.

One cuestion, is not made easy foreing stay easy in the country. Like happen in Spain or UK, for example. Another how much energie they want to put on it, if every thing is more o less fine.

The last page of the WP quite specifically states that you have seven days to cancel the work permit. At that point your extension runs out. As with everything the interpretation/application of the rules is likely to vary between immigration offices.

Absolutely correct!

When I quit my last job on Phuket, I had still 8 months left on my 2 year visa.

HR told me to visit Immigration and negotiate a temporary deal until my new employment starts.

They also reminded me, if being asked, to tell them the truth, otherwise I might get in trouble (overstay, etc.) or at least it will get more complicated.

So I reported my status to a very polite Immigration officer in Phuket town and he extended my stay for another 90 days without any hassle.

:GoldenSmile1:

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Absolutely correct!

When I quit my last job on Phuket, I had still 8 months left on my 2 year visa.

HR told me to visit Immigration and negotiate a temporary deal until my new employment starts.

They also reminded me, if being asked, to tell them the truth, otherwise I might get in trouble (overstay, etc.) or at least it will get more complicated.

So I reported my status to a very polite Immigration officer in Phuket town and he extended my stay for another 90 days without any hassle.

:c45ec00b:

Thanks for the awnser. Very good information. what do you mind untl my new employment stars. Did you have all ready an offer or just tell the inmigration officer your expecting to have one?

In any case, i hope the 7 days to leave, is a no rigurose law, and they may be more flexible, extended any kind of visa. for a bit longer. Other ways. may be easy loss house deposit, month rent, even salary if you are not there for clam it.

And about, leave the country and came back, few day late, in this situation of visa canceled for finish work. Any body have an idea, if you have normal tourist visa?