Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Learn Thai with Byki

Baliw

I have looked through all the posts in this thread and I have not seen this listed, so I have decided to make a new post about it.

This is a FREE program on the net which I have found, which I think is a great addition to anyone that wants to learn the Thai language. It is similar to RS, which works on rote system, but gives you the option to either read the words in Thai script, which is ideal if you are learning to read and write. Or transliterated, if you just want to learn it in romanized letters. You also hear the spoken words in Thai.

When you are ready to be tested on the words or phrases that you have learnt, you are then tested on both speaking and writing the words or phrases. This is either in the romanized letters or in Thai, with a special keyboard that comes with the program.

The only downside that I have found with the program so far is that it does not allow for grammatical errors, i.e when it asks for the English for Sawasdee and you answer hello, it originally states that it is wrong and that the answer is Hello., with the capital letter at the beginning and full stop at the end. However, it does give you the option to add this to the answers given, so it will show as correct. Overall, I think that this is a great addition to anyone that wants to learn Thai.

Learn Thai with Byki

Update:-

I have just found a lesson on the Thai alphabet too, which you can download and import into the program. I know a majority of the alphabet, but I am sure that by using this a few hours a day will be a great help to make me know and understand all the alphabet.

Thai alphabet

I have been using the byki software for a while and I think it's one of the one of the better in market if you are serious in learning Thai. It’s easy to use and it’s divided into small parts that make it good to user whenever you have 10-15 minutes of free time.

The best part is that it teachers you to read and write Thai script. It may be a little hard for an absolute beginner, but if you know some basics and want to learn some more it’s a great tool.

I agree that the downside is the Thai to English part there you have to write exactly like they have done in the description ex. the correct answer for roo jak is To Know, Be Acquainted.

If you want the complete software with all the word list it cost you about 50$, but the free version is large enough that even if you are using it every day you will have things to do for at least 1-2 month before you need to consider to buy the full version. As far as I can see the only difference between the two versions is that the full version has a test there you can practice your pronunciation and that you get mp3 files of the words so that you can listen to them on you iPod. Otherwise it just contains more words.

I have been trying Rosetta stone and a lot of other software’s, but at the moment this one is my favorite.