IGNORED

Looking for BKK guesthouse reccomendations

furryman

Hey folks,

I am putting together plans for my next trip back to Thailand in February and I'm thinking of staying for a day or three in BKK. I prefer the guesthouse style over fancy western hotels, and I definitely prefer the prices. All I really need is aircon and a private bathroom with a decent shower. Pools, tv, wifi, all that is unimportant to me.

I will have a Thai girl traveling with me so they need to be cool about her checking in with me as well.

I am also hoping to stay away from the party areas of town. Close to cool tourist attractions is a plus.

I stayed at the Irish Rovers in Pattaya and loved that place, if that helps any.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

I don't have any recommendations but i am sure that you won't have a problem anywhere if you check in with the girl. They won't turn you away

I don't have any recommendations but i am sure that you won't have a problem anywhere if you check in with the girl. They won't turn you away

M A: This is without a doubt the absolutely wrong website to ask that question ! I've never heard of a guesthouse in the Farang Ghetto other than this Sam's Lodge on Soi 19. Great location. That's all I can tell you. Try down by Khao San. It's cheap and fun down there. Closer to the sites too. CL, Facebook, Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, they can help you. I can't. Good Luck: wj

M A: This is without a doubt the absolutely wrong website to ask that question ! I've never heard of a guesthouse in the Farang Ghetto other than this Sam's Lodge on Soi 19. Great location. That's all I can tell you. Try down by Khao San. It's cheap and fun down there. Closer to the sites too. CL, Facebook, Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, they can help you. I can't. Good Luck: wj

I can't understand what you are trying to say on this point. I was replying to his question 'I will have a Thai girl traveling with me so they need to be cool about her checking in with me as well'. No problem in any guesthouse or hotel anywhere

Why are you jumping on M.A.'s case over my question? /boggle

Why are you jumping on M.A.'s case over my question? /boggle

Try baan sukhumvit on soi 18,great little hotel with only 10/12 rooms not sure correct amount.Been there around 4 times ,also only opened i think last year.look on there web site

Thanks I'll check them out, I have been looking at The River View and it seems nice. Maybe a fun location in Chinatown as the days I think I'll be in BKK are over Chinese new year. I'm a big fan of rooftop restaurants too.

After looking the baan sukhumvit it looks a bit too pricey for a guesthouse. I'm aiming for the < 1k Baht / night places.

Edited by furryman

I can't understand what you are trying to say on this point. I was replying to his question 'I will have a Thai girl traveling with me so they need to be cool about her checking in with me as well'. No problem in any guesthouse or hotel anywhere

Actually a number of guesthouses/hotels in the Khao San Rd area do not allow Thai guests - even if they arrive with you - and others charge an additional fee.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Actually a number of guesthouses/hotels in the Khao San Rd area do not allow Thai guests - even if they arrive with you - and others charge an additional fee.

I had heard this also, part of where my question came from. As I'm looking for a place outside the monger zones I figured it might be more of an issue. I can't say I'm stoked on Kao san area either, I see enough grubby backpacker hippies where I live LOL

I'll pass on the info I get from the River View when they respond.

Edited by furryman

Well I think I'm going to go with the River View.

Off the beaten path in Chinatown, balcony room 5-6 floors up with AC and a view of the river. They have an elevator and a restaurant on the roof. They are cool with my TG staying with me. All that for for 950 Baht a night.

Riverview.jpg

seems to be a good value place and location but a bit far away from the MRT ant BTS...

seems to be a good value place and location but a bit far away from the MRT ant BTS...

MRT? BTS? Never been to BKK outside of the airport LOL

oh the trains, it is a little bit but it's right by the ferry docks :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by furryman

Have you checked out this thread for guest friendly guest-houses / hotels on Sukhumvit?

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30462-guest-friendly-sukhumvit-hotels/

OK they are near the party zones, but close to the BTS (skytrain) so you can go anywhere in Bangkok from there.

The Thai House Inn is 700 per night & seems to fit your requirements.

Peace. :Good_Post:

sgu_banner.gif

Have you checked out this thread for guest friendly guest-houses / hotels on Sukhumvit?

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30462-guest-friendly-sukhumvit-hotels/

OK they are near the party zones, but close to the BTS (skytrain) so you can go anywhere in Bangkok from there.

The Thai House Inn is 700 per night & seems to fit your requirements.

Peace. :)

I did check out that thread, lots of good info there. The Thai house looks great if I was going to BKK to party :)

Well I think I'm going to go with the River View.

Off the beaten path in Chinatown, balcony room 5-6 floors up with AC and a view of the river. They have an elevator and a restaurant on the roof. They are cool with my TG staying with me. All that for for 950 Baht a night.

I stayed there in Feb this year for 2 nights. It's good value if you like the area and rooftop restaurant had a great breakfast menu. More a guesthouse than hotel. You can walk to the main drag in Chinatown in 12mins, lots of restaurants here and street food selling cheap seafood. You can catch a river taxi nearby and get off down at Thaksin bridge in the 1st pic where there's a BTS. There's a lot of shops in the area full of car parts :)

I like kao sahn rd area as well. If you like lower Suk area, have a look at http://www.suk11.com/

P2070759_800x600.JPG

P2070746_1024x768_800x600.JPG

P2090969_1024x768_800x600.JPG

P2070826_1024x768_800x600.JPG