Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Can I get a multi entry visa in Thailand, because I can't get one here!

b7x7

I'm looking to get a multi-entry year visa from the US, holding a US passport and after speaking w/ the Thai Consulate in LA... the best I can do is a 60 day Visa... fee waived.

I'm 42, and will Thailand this summer for approximately 70 days. So currently I'm planning on leaving on the 29th day to Phoenm Penh for a visa run, 29 days latter to Saigon for a visa run. So far no problem, as I'm under 90 days in 6 months.

The problem is I'll be back the following winter for another 40 or so days and will go over my 90 days in 6 months. I know I can just get a visa for the second trip in the winter.... but it'll be so much easier if I could get a multi-entry visa.

I'm sure if the right hands were greased this could happen... but does anyone know for how much?

Thanks in advance

The 90 days in 180 policy has been ditched some time ago so that is not a problem. Even if it hadn't been you still would have been OK as it was only relevant to 30 non-visa stays. Will they not issue a double entry tourist visa? Recently an announcement was made that the issuing of back to back tourist visas in neighbouring countries was to be made harder. Entering Thailand via a land crossing with no visa will only get you a 15 days stay. It is still 30 if you arrive via an airport.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The 90 days in 180 policy has been ditched some time ago so that is not a problem. Even if it hadn't been you still would have been OK as it was only relevant to 30 non-visa stays. Will they not issue a double entry tourist visa? Recently an announcement was made that the issuing of back to back tourist visas in neighboring countries was to be made harder. Entering Thailand via a land crossing with no visa will only get you a 15 days stay. It is still 30 if you arrive via an airport.

Thanks for the info Scumbag.

Why they make it so hard for farang to stay & spend money in Thailand, is beyond me. Luckily the AirAsia "free seats" sale conincided with my vacation planning, so I was able to get flights to Phoenm Penh and Saigon for dirt cheap for my visa runs. I'm just hoping that the Cambodia/Thaskin affair doesn't blow up with closed borders. Then again, if the airport gets closed, Thai Immigration can't hold that against me!

Just off topic for abit... I noticed your a moderator. Can you look at my profile and consider me for "advance" level please. I'm active on this site since having been to Pattaya, contributed afew trip reports and made some friends thru the forum. Hate to be a pest, but would appreciate your consideration.

Cheers

If you still need a Non 'O' from the US then try the Washington DC embassy (via registered post) as i believe have different policy to the LA one. http://www.thaiembdc...sa/Non-Img.aspx

Similarly in the UK its easier to get a 'O' visa from Hull than from London.

Edited by bestmate

If you still need a Non 'O' from the US then try the Washington DC embassy (via registered post) as i believe have different policy to the LA one. http://www.thaiembdc...sa/Non-Img.aspx

Similarly in the UK its easier to get a 'O' visa from Hull than from London.

Thks Bestmate, I'm going to give them a ring.