Jump to content

type o visa (multi entry)


Recommended Posts

hi i am 49 and want to get multi entry visa, i went to thai consulate in Brisbane today and they told me i had to be 50 for this visa, i said but at 49 what would my chancecs be of getting visa and the reply was 80% if i met special conciderations but they never told me what they were. now i have read of people under 50 getting this visa. the drama to this is when i decide to go i have to quit my job apply for visa and if i get knocked back then i am without work. need some advise, cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the UK age doesn't come into it and I have a 12 month multiple entry non-immigrant visa issued by the Hull consulate on payment of the fee, completion of the form as a extended period of tourism, submission of a photo and personal confirmation that I have the financial means to support my stay (no other proof required).


I looked at the Brisbane consulate site and it is brief, but there is no mention of a 12 month visa.


Go instead to the consulate site for Sydney:




This does refer to the 12 month visa and has no age limitation attached.




Documents required


A passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

A completed and signed visa application FORM A2

A photo (3.5x4.5 cm.) taken within last 6 months without wearing glasses or headgear (photocopy not accepted)

A copy of passport or travel document personal detail page

A letter from your employer stating your position, length of employment, dates and purposes of visits

An invitation letter from concerned company/organisation in Thailand stating dates and purposes of visits

A copy of concerned company/organisation's registration or license in Thailand

Visa application processing fee

The visa application processing fee is AUD$ 225.


Validity of visa

The validity of visa is 12 months.


So maybe you would be better applying through Sydney who appear to be more on the ball. You should also check what supporting evidence you will actually be required to provide as your purpose in solely extended tourism. Hull, for example, are pragmatic on this - if your purpose is solely tourism, you do not need to provide employer letters etc because they are irrelevant.


I suggest you ring Sydney, explain why you want a 12-month visa for tourism only and get confirmation of their documentation requirements.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.


An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what other people have posted in the past it was very easy to get a type-O visa from the Brisbane consulate. Perhaps that has changed. They did understand that it was a type O that you wanted and not an AO?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.