Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

BOOK TITLE: Making out in Thai

Sexy Baldman

Making Out In Thai By clewey, Jai-Ua and Golding - available from any really good bookstore - in my case local library.

this book would fit nicely in your back pocket. Book is organised thematically around topics you might discuss with your TG or BG.

Breaking up, scolding, making sexual requests etc.

It focuses on phrases not just words and it is more colloquial than your standard book. Tried some phrase over the phone to my special girl and got more laughs than usual - not sure if that was the phrases or my butchering of them - it will teach you phrases like i'm coming: kueap set laeo etc.

btw. if its more a description of positions etc that you are after then see http://www.thai-language.com/id/589875

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

That book has done its bit for bridging the language barrier for many years now. Being back in your room with a TG and a copy of this can only add to the fun. The Thai isn't what you'd find in you average Thai course which makes it ideal in the circumstances :Think1:

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

ha sweet, a few sample pages are on google books and the phrases were very passa poot which i like. I've just bought it off ebay for £6, be something a little different to learn :D

Edited by herds

ha sweet, a few sample pages are on google books and the phrases were very passa poot which i like. I've just bought it off ebay for £6, be something a little different to learn :)

That's great. Most of the copies I've seen are full of peoples personal notes! Quite enlightening really :D

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Another book that is similar and also very good is "Thai for Lovers' by Nit + Jack Ajee.

It's about 300baht and makes for fun reading with a Thai bird :P

This book has two versions. The yellow cover only has English and Karaoke Thai and is available in all the book shops here. The revised edition has a pink cover and lists the phrases in Thai text as well. I couldn't find it in the stores so I eventually ordered it from Amazon. One of my favorite books.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived the other day, thankfully it was the pink one and it's good, fits in with a lot of the "teenager talk" I picked up when I lived out there. It's not all about sex and 'making out', in fact the title is quite misleading to anyone that thinks that is what they are going to get, there is only really about one chapters worth that is dedicated to the naughty stuff. The book has many many very useful colloquial phrases that seem very modern and in sync with how thais talk, omitting a lot of the filler crap that is in most books anyway and also provides interesting tid-bits of trivia about certain phrases etc.

Has both script and english-thai with tone marks etc. Worth it for a fiver I'd say.

Edited by herds

<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0804835551/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1259775536&sr=8-1&condition=new">Its available at Amazon from £1:57 plus P&P</a>

Hedonist

Edited by hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine